New South Wales 2014 Line-Ups

Ya, but I'm seeing a lot of teams name him and Gallen so it's worth acknowledging.

It's one of the main reasons bad numbering annoys me, when the selectors or the media or whatever would pick someone like Stewart at lock in a rep side because he plays in the 13 for Manly. Same thing with Parker/Gillett (or Gillett/Thaiday) and Myles/Harrison.

So Bird get 2 weeks pre origin. What did Dave Taylor get a couple of years ago pre origin for a similar tackle.we all know NRL stands for NSW rugby league. Disgraceful decision.

Lote Tuqiri 2002

What I would pick for Game 1

1: Jarryd Hayne
2: Daniel Tupou
3: Michael Jennings
4: Josh Morris
5: Brett Morris
6: James Maloney
7: Adam Reynolds
8: Paul Gallen
9: Robbie Farah
10: James Tamou
11: Luke Lewis
12: Boyd Cordner
13: Trent Merrin

14: Anthony Watmough
15: Aaron Woods
16: Tariq Sims
17: Jamal Idris

Jamal Idris on the bench? Really? Why?

So Bird get 2 weeks pre origin. What did Dave Taylor get a couple of years ago pre origin for a similar tackle.we all know NRL stands for NSW rugby league. Disgraceful decision.

Disagree. Simona got 2 weeks for a worse spear tackle a few weeks ago. Bird deserved 2 weeks

Jamal Idris on the bench? Really? Why?

He has been in great form for Penrith (from what I've seen and heard) and was MOM in city country. I reckon he can make a great impact coming of the bench and coming against a tiring team.

I'm going to think of it like this. Regardless of how I feel towards certain players, if NSW's players were all of a sudden our players (and vice versa) who would I choose? I'd seriously build my team around Hayne. If someone wants to pick it apart I will aggressively defend every position.

01 Hayne
02 Morris
03 Jennings
04 Idris
05 Mansour
06 Reynolds
07 Reynolds
08 Gallen
09 Farah
10 Tamou
11 Watmough
12 Scott
13 Fensom

14 Woods
15 Merrin
16 Sims
17 Peats

I'm going to think of it like this. Regardless of how I feel towards certain players, if NSW's players were all of a sudden our players (and vice versa) who would I choose? I'd seriously build my team around Hayne. If someone wants to pick it apart I will aggressively defend every position.

01 Hayne
02 Morris
03 Jennings
04 Idris
05 Mansour
06 Reynolds
07 Reynolds
08 Gallen
09 Farah
10 Tamou
11 Watmough
12 Scott
13 Fensom

14 Woods
15 Merrin
16 Sims
17 Peats

I would have peats in the 14

Paul Kent on NRL 360 was adamant Pearce would not be selected . Apparently Daley has had a gutful of the drinking culture in the side and is desperate to change things.

Time will tell but he was certain of his story.

I don't think Jamal has done enough to be recalled into the NSW side.

I question his application to the cause and his consistency across an 80 minute period. There are times where he switches off and at Origin, it's too costly.

Paul Kent on NRL 360 was adamant Pearce would not be selected . Apparently Daley has had a gutful of the drinking culture in the side and is desperate to change things.

I took that as his opinion (which could end up being right though) more than a story based on any fact.

I don't think Jamal has done enough to be recalled into the NSW side.

I question his application to the cause and his consistency across an 80 minute period. There are times where he switches off and at Origin, it's too costly.

On the other hand, him being there makes it more likely that Hayne will be at fullback...and also less likely Morris will be in the centres.

I'd take Jorris over Jamal.

At least Jorris will know what's going on - Idris will be too busy listening to Marley on his iPod.

That's funny. Only a few weeks ago, the story was out about how Qld were making out that they were on the drink on XXXX Island but as soon as the media left, they stayed off the drink to concentrate on the job at hand. Now Laurie decides that's what he must do!

NRL.com's squad.

1. Hayne
2. B Morris
3. J Morris
4. Jennings
5. Tupou
6. Maloney
7. Pearce
8. Tamou
9. Farah
10. Woods
11. Cordner
12. Scott
13. Gallen

14. Reynolds
15. Lewis
16. Watmough
17. Merrin

Last edited:

Active Now

• Xzei
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • Broncorob
  • Rambstien
  • lynx000
  • Strop
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • ChewThePhatt
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • phoenix
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • pennywisealfie
  • Aldo
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.