New team in NRL

H

Hatchy

NRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
I just found out that the NRL is looking to put in a team from PNG by 2014. [eusa_clap.gi

What is your opinion on this? I say it's a great move because we need to spread the teams out a bit.

I think Adrian Lam would be coach

They seem pretty serious about it. It seems like it could work but the quality of players from there would be pretty poor compared the current crops of players in the current clubs.

I mean you just have to look at previous scores when they have played the proper Australian team, they are no hope!

The Rock said:
Is that for real!? [icon_lol1.
I think it's for real, I saw it on the NRL site. If they could get Marcus Bai
before he retires they would be a chance of being competitive.

But i'm with Jeza, if they don't get Bai they are no chance whatsoever

Bronco_for_life said:
[quote="The Rock":r2ey0gd5]Is that for real!? [icon_lol1.
I think it's for real, I saw it on the NRL site. If they could get Marcus Bai
before he retires they would be a chance of being competitive.

But i'm with Jeza, if they don't get Bai they are no chance whatsoever[/quote:r2ey0gd5]

I think Bai retired the season before last. He would be like 50 by the time they got a team in the comp and do you really think he would be the difference between them being competitive or not?? icon_thumbs_u

This has been in the news for awhile.I know Bennett has had quite a bit to say about it for some time.Does his brother still coach up there?
They would get a lot of islanders and coached well then who knows [icon_shru
Why do you all seem so against having the code go national?Good move I reckon.They wouldn't go in blind.It would be all well worked out and gees they sure love their league up in the islands.

Yeah, this is a great move.

Look on the bright side, we will be able to go too PNG sometimes _woohoo_

Kee said:
Why do you all seem so against having the code go national?.

I am all for the comp going national, think it should be a much higher priority than going international.

ronnyd said:
Kee said:
Why do you all seem so against having the code go national?.

I am all for the comp going national, think it should be a much priority than going international.

I agree we should take the comp off the east coast to other parts of Australia before we have any more international teams.

Hey it's called "NRL" not "ARL", why don't we just call it "ANZRL" (Australia, New Zealand Rugby League) LOL ,I want PNG in the comp

Rugby League is quite popular up in PNG isn't it?

I would love to see a WA team and another team up north added(N.T or maybe Cairns...in which case the Cowboys may have to be renamed the Townsville Cowboys eusa_think )

Scotty said:

I would love to see a WA team and another team up north added(N.T or maybe Cairns...in which case the Cowboys may have to be renamed the Townsville Cowboys eusa_think )

if you were going to add another team in QLD i would consider Central Queensland somewhere.

bfoord said:
Scotty said:

if you were going to add another team in QLD i would consider Central Queensland somewhere.

Agree.

Rockhampton is pretty central. Maybe Bundy. Hmmm.. Bundy Rum Polar Bears...

Yeah, Central QLD, Darwin, Perth or another Kiwi team. Maybe based in Christchurch.

There are so many things that need to be fixed or improved in PNG before basing an NRL team there could even be considered a pipe dream. Not saying its impossible, but there would be a ridiculous amount of issues to be looked at and addressed first. And about 99% of them have nothing at all to do with Rugby League.

Would be a massive task.The idea of just the talk of another team either international or national is a must if we want to keep growing the game.

Too many sides in Sydney.Two in SE Qld is enough.Central Qld is a good idea Cairns may have a team in the Qld Cup but I do feel they are not over the top on league up there.More AFL.
Perth would be my choice.Should never have taken a team out of Perth or SA in the first place.I know they are AFL states and that is a contradiction with saying NO to Cairns but the game should be spread Australia wide.

Another team in NZ but not in Christchurch as I don,t think the city of churches and union would accommodate it at all.
Just watching the weekends games what percentage of players are kiwis or islanders?Would be interesting to know really.

Teams would have to move for this to work and which teams would do this?We certainly don't need more teams than we have.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncsgoat
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • Gaz
  • davidp
  • Lostboy
  • broncos4life
  • Browny
  • Aldo
  • MrMoore
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • HarryAllan7
  • Jedhead
  • jarro65
  • Fatboy
  • Financeguy
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.