New Zealand test series

He should retire effective immediately and he can always say he was better than Bradman!

What other old codgers we got lying around who we can bring into the team and average 100?

Is there another wicket like this in world cricket. Carnage early day one to road day two. Winning the toss is crucial.

What's the minimum number of Innings you need to play before your test average becomes legit in the record books? Like if Voges broke his leg tomorrow and had to retire hurt and retire from test cricket would he actually be above Don in the record books?

Edit: Nevermind, just googled it.

The following lists of Test cricket batting averages are based on a minimum qualification of 2000 runs for retired batsmen and 20 innings for active batsmen.

Last edited:
That Voges no ball wicket has so far cost the Kiwis and umpire 171, He'll be lucky to make it out of NZ with his life.

Bradman
19 innings
1846 runs
HS 334
AV 102.6
100's 8
50's 2

Voges

19 Innings
1204 runs
HS 269*
AV 100.3
100's 5
50's 3

McCullum out LBW.

New Zealand in big trouble here 4/178 needing 201 runs to keep the game alive.

amazing bowling performnace by australia to be able to take wickets on a road has been a trouble for australia for the last couple of wickets but it seems like lyon is the man who can pick up a wicket or few when the wickket is doing nothing

They don't call Lyon "the goat " for no reason. Hazelwood will go on to become a great test bowler. Bird had his moments and kept it tight and Marsh just keeps getting better with bat and ball. Granted it's a very different Australian attack at the moment, but very pleasing all the same. The word that springs to mind is patient .

when all australian bowlers are fit what would your bowling line up look like

Sure Voges average will most likely come down, I can't think of anyone who has even been that close to it after 15+ innings. Even Hussey was 'only' in the 80s in his epic start. Pujara had a good start. Du Plessis, etc but I don't recall any of them in the ball park after this many innings.

All fit and firing?

Starc
Cummins
Hazlewood
Lyon

Note: If Patto was at his destructive best from a few years back pre-injury he is in there and probably play the keeper at six. Starc, Cummins and Pattinson are all more than capable with the bat.

Hazelwood is looking more and more the leader. Starc., I hope Cummins can get, and stay fit as I think he is a goodun. If not Pattinson. You all know how I feel about Lyon.. The quicks have good variety and are all level pegging at the moment because of injury. Either way the future is looking bright.

Last edited:
imo Hazelwood has taken it up a notch ever since the Adelaide D/N test when Starc went down and things looked bleak bowling wise.. Looks like he's really enjoyed the added responsibility of having to be the leader with Starc and Johnson suddenly no longer there.

Last edited:

I would go Stac, Siddle, Hazelwood & Lyon

Siddles contribution to the side lately can not be understated. You need that toiler who can bowl decent spells, concede very little runs and get you some important wickets
Cummins is a one test wonder and hasn't bowled any significant overs since.

Time will tell for Cummins, especially with these injuries. But I seen enough of him to believe he could be something special.

You need more than 1 test match to prove your worth.
He has only ever played 8 shield games and doesn't have remarkable pick me numbers from them games either. Maybe a good short form cricketer but needs to sort his fitness out for Test matches

I don't disagree re fitness, 1 test,....And he'd have to get back in on merit, not on the strength of 1 performance, but think there is a reason the selectors are getting him back each time he recovers. It's just a feeling I have. don't expect all to get on board.

Active Now

• Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Lozza
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Scorchie
  • Fitzy
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • bazza
  • Skyblues87
  • Rough and Ready
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
  • Foordy
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.