Next Broncos coach

Who should it be?

• Total voters
IF the new CEO isn't appointed before this decision, you just know it is going to be Green.

Announcement expected in 2 weeks. Also some resignings on the horizon.

Announcement expected in 2 weeks. Also some resignings on the horizon.

I dearly hope this squad are getting the shortest off season break in club history, and no Mad Monday either. Give them 3-4 weeks off then drag their asses back to training all the way until the new season. They need a literal wooden spoon wracked over their asses in a big way.

Well shit Greeny, you better hope you land the Broncos gig because QRL Chair Bruce Hatcher has come out this morning and said he will be putting to the QRL board that WB be appointed to the QLD role should Kevvie not be able to do both roles.

Greeny might just be left standing at the alter with a lot more free time on his hands then he expected.
The rumour on that one has always been that Bennett will be a stop fao solution for thus years series given the short amount of time the new coach will have to prepare.

After this years series, they'll find a permanent replacement

I dearly hope this squad are getting the shortest off season break in club history, and no Mad Monday either. Give them 3-4 weeks off then drag their asses back to training all the way until the new season. They need a literal wooden spoon wracked over their asses in a big way.
I totally get that point of view, and won;t say it is wrong, but the other side of the argument is that they really need a good long break, to come back fully refreshed and hungry to play.
I don't know which is best, just saying I won't be upset with the club either way as each has its merits.

I totally get that point of view, and won;t say it is wrong, but the other side of the argument is that they really need a good long break, to come back fully refreshed and hungry to play.
I don't know which is best, just saying I won't be upset with the club either way as each has its merits.

I don't think it has to be one or the other. Give them a month off, have them come back mid-October, see where all the heads are at / fitness levels, etc. Give them 2-3 weeks over Christmas and then hit them hard straight after and anyone (Milford for example) comes back overweight / lazy, you are released from your contract / not starting at all next year, even in the event of injury. Then see how those useless, lazy idiots respond.

Bird.

For mine we need a ball playing lock with a step, ideally to link with the halves

Can we really afford to do that with the way many of our forwards and backs have already been exposed in terms of making metres? At the moment we kind of need Bird in the backs.

Can we really afford to do that with the way many of our forwards and backs have already been exposed in terms of making metres? At the moment we kind of need Bird in the backs.

It's a hard one, but then, if Staggs could be the answer at FB, problem solved

Hard to believe we could have gone with a proven coach in Holbrook...how do we keep missing out on getting the best available?

Hard to believe we could have gone with a proven coach in Holbrook...how do we keep missing out on getting the best available?

In this scenario, what happens when, and because, the wrong choice is a fait accompli, a done deal, often said of something performed without going through standard procedure, behind closed doors, completed before those affected by it are in a position to query or reverse it.

Last edited:
Seibold had a far better rookie NRL season then Holbrook had and st Helens are top of the table without him this year.
The hype on here and in the media is funny considering we just saw what the dally m coach of the year is capable of. 1 extremely good year with tactics and 2 top teams fighting over him and look what happened, now a coach takes a team to 9th and is the next fucking bellamy? Hahahahaha
The hype the titans are getting is fucking hilarious. There's an obvious push from the media. AT BEST, they finish 9th. AT BEST! In a freaky season with noticeable weakness in quality while teams adjusted to living in a bubble, a mid season 2nd pre season done in their own bedrooms, more injuries then I've ever seen, and changing rules on the run in the season it is hardly the changing of the guard proof the media and sydney/Broncos hating fans are pushing.
Our rivalry with the cowboys was built through close games and finals appearances, soul crushing defeats and wins for the ages that built a mutual respect. The NRL and the media are obviously trying to manufacture one between us for crowds, ratings and sustainability of the titans in case another SEQLD team comes in.

Seibold had a far better rookie NRL season then Holbrook had and st Helens are top of the table without him this year.
The hype on here and in the media is funny considering we just saw what the dally m coach of the year is capable of. 1 extremely good year with tactics and 2 top teams fighting over him and look what happened, now a coach takes a team to 9th and is the next fucking bellamy? Hahahahaha
The hype the titans are getting is fucking hilarious. There's an obvious push from the media. AT BEST, they finish 9th. AT BEST! In a freaky season with noticeable weakness in quality while teams adjusted to living in a bubble, a mid season 2nd pre season done in their own bedrooms, more injuries then I've ever seen, and changing rules on the run in the season it is hardly the changing of the guard proof the media and sydney/Broncos hating fans are pushing.
Our rivalry with the cowboys was built through close games and finals appearances, soul crushing defeats and wins for the ages that built a mutual respect. The NRL and the media are obviously trying to manufacture one between us for crowds, ratings and sustainability of the titans in case another SEQLD team comes in.

You could be right but nonetheless, Holbrook is succeeding in an environments where several before him failed...badly. And hindsight is a wonderful thing but man, it would have been good had our board done some homework before hiring the guy they were going to hire no matter what. Or more to the point, not given said coach a 5/6 year contract despite being a total rookie.

You could be right but nonetheless, Holbrook is succeeding in an environments where several before him failed...badly. And hindsight is a wonderful thing but man, it would have been good had our board done some homework before hiring the guy they were going to hire no matter what. Or more to the point, not given said coach a 5/6 year contract despite being a total rookie.

I hardly call missing the finals "succeeding" ... regardless of the team

Are you sure you have seen every game this year? Grant is MILES ahead of Turpin already.
I have a soft spot for the tigers and watch them a fair bit and grant is the real deal. I would say he is arguably a better rounded player than smith was at his age.

His work from dummy half (passing game, times he choses to run, engaging the markers to relieve pressure from ball runners, deception as to which way the play goes) is top tier, his cardio is awesome, he leads the defensive line with speed and his defence is solid.

When he is off contract, i would be throwing the bank at him.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Porthoz
  • Mustafur
  • Tim K
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.