Next Broncos coach

Who should it be?

• Total voters
Friend is 30 and already showing signs of being well past his best.
Grant is a gun and will be a great player.
Mahoney I'm not sold on. Has been above average in a dominant side. Put him in the Broncos team and people would have a much lower opinion.

I love how certain you guys are about a guy like Turpin who has roughly 20 games to his name(Half of them at 7) and Grant with even less. This place appears to be an echo chamber of some rubbish opinions.

I reckon I've seen a lot more of Jake's footy than you have to form my opinion. He's a good competitor, its the biggest trait in his game. The rest of his game as a hooker just isn't that good. Its just decent. He is miles behind the better hookers in the game, and that includes Friend. Grant has everything in his game that Turpin does, but he has a far superior skill set. There is a reason Bellamy let Turpin go. If he was this amazing topline, gun hooked he would still be at the storm.

But you said Grant is a gun and do is Turps based on few games, isn’t that exactly what you are accusing others of doing?
The difference is I'm saying he has the talent to compete for a rep jersey. I'm not just writing him off completely because Grant has had 12 awesome games.

I reckon I've seen a lot more of Jake's footy than you have to form my opinion. He's a good competitor, its the biggest trait in his game. The rest of his game as a hooker just isn't that good. Its just decent. He is miles behind the better hookers in the game, and that includes Friend. Grant has everything in his game that Turpin does, but he has a far superior skill set. There is a reason Bellamy let Turpin go. If he was this amazing topline, gun hooked he would still be at the storm.

I've seen Turpin play for Sunny Coast and Broncos. He showed in 2018 he has potential to be a complete player, 2019 he spent in the halves and 2020 is just a write off for the club as a whole.
Yeah Storm were going to offer big dollars to another hooker when they already had Smiths and Grant.

The difference is I'm saying he has the talent to compete for a rep jersey. I'm not just writing him off completely because Grant has had 12 awesome games.

He has shown about half of what Grant has shown. Turps service is serviceable. He has shown nothing compared to Grant so far. You are judging hon to be good enough to play for Australia, this is exactly what you are accusing others of doing, just the opposite.

So Haas is over-rated after 40 games but Turpin is an absolute gun after 20?
giphy.gif

I've seen Turpin play for Sunny Coast and Broncos. He showed in 2018 he has potential to be a complete player, 2019 he spent in the halves and 2020 is just a write off for the club as a whole.
Yeah Storm were going to offer big dollars to another hooker when they already had Smiths and Grant.

If he was that good they would have kept him at the Storm. Its not like there is a big difference in age between Brandon Smith and Turpin, and even Grant isnt that much younger than Turpin. At every level the other 2 have shown they are better players than Turpin.

Im also fairly certain you havent seen as much of him as you reckon. I think Wikipedia has probably been your best friend. You're a bit of a troll i think.

I think you guys don't understand the word overrated. You can be one of the best players in the game and be overrated.

To be fair I feel like we do underestimate Turpin, he was actually a gun for us during the start of 2019. He won us a couple games

Time will tell. Turpin has been either injured or playing halfback in the last 2 years. People are forgetting just how good he is. He is a real hitter in defence and has crisp service.
His service isn’t great, he just gets praised because he’s not McCullough.

But did you actually read the article...

Basically it says that the Dragons wanted him as a plan B in case they couldn't come to terms with hook.

Also says that there are only 2 jobs he vkvets right now, and he won't take anything else until those positions are decided... the jobs being the Broncos and QLD jobs ... and IMO, he'll get one of them (hopefully not the Broncos gig)

Well shit Greeny, you better hope you land the Broncos gig because QRL Chair Bruce Hatcher has come out this morning and said he will be putting to the QRL board that WB be appointed to the QLD role should Kevvie not be able to do both roles.

Greeny might just be left standing at the alter with a lot more free time on his hands then he expected.

Well shit Greeny, you better hope you land the Broncos gig because QRL Chair Bruce Hatcher has come out this morning and said he will be putting to the QRL board that WB be appointed to the QLD role should Kevvie not be able to do both roles.

Greeny might just be left standing at the alter with a lot more free time on his hands then he expected.
I always felt that if that report was correct green was rolling the dice unnecessarily. He should have gone after the St George job as well.
A fulltime NRL gig is actually better than a State of Origin gig for only about 6 - 8 weeks of the year unless like fittler you're not interested in a head coach role anymore. He also would have known that he was far from a shoo-in to get the broncos job with Kevvie in the frame.
If he misses the Broncos job his options are limited to only any media work he can pick up or an assistants role somewhere.

Active Now

• Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.