Next Broncos coach

Who should it be?

• Total voters
I expect we will find out one way or another this week. Can't see the losing candidate keeping it quiet for too long, especially if Kev doesn't get it. The Fox panel will be onto him like flies over a dead carcass.

If this decision is screwed up as past performance leads one to expect, I think it is time this forum administers the club. Time to launch a coup.

If this decision is screwed up as past performance leads one to expect, I think it is time this forum administers the club. Time to launch a coup.

Deadset, I honestly believe we could do a better job.

If the appointment has not been announced by next Friday, I will be livid. Not that I matter at all, but this club has been nothing but a disgrace. We have had not one big announcement or something to buy into for going half a decade now. Nothing but Bs hype created by the media , players who have barely laced a boot being called the next Webke, the next Tallis, the next Lockyer, the next Cronk and the list is endless. The only intention was to put extreme pressure on the club and players that could never be lived up to. So we either watch them walk for mega dollars at other clubs or play garbo footy for us under that bloke Pies.

The Broncos need to put some wins on the board with a CEO that is a killer in the board room and a Coach that brings the club some culture and some actual accountability and pride. What type of joke is it when I a Broncos supporter is looking at the Titans saying why can't we be on the upward trajectory. At least next year their supportes for once can go in with a positive vibe, we have been slowly rolling south year after year since 2015.

The fact that they want to sign a director of coaching shows how little faith they have in Walters.

It's pretty much means he's not going to have full control. Which is not a good thing.

I mean this as respectfully as possible but how can you turn signing Walters and Bellamy into a negative? I swear you're my dad man, he can turn winning the lotto into a chore.

Hopefully if this report is true he has quality assistants, support, S&C staff lined up.

The fact that they want to sign a director of coaching shows how little faith they have in Walters.

It's pretty much means he's not going to have full control. Which is not a good thing.

I honestly don’t get this narrative that keeps getting pushed about everyone being so hesitant on Walters coaching abilities before he has even taken charge for a single NRL game to judge him on.

It’s not like he has walked in off the street with zero credentials. He is more qualified now to take on a head coaching role than Seibold was when Seibold got the Souths job yet there was no narrative about that. Also I heard crickets when Adam O’Brien got the Knights job...

Kevin has being super successful as an assistant coach at both the Broncos and the Storm. He did a reasonable job as a head coach with the Catalans in the English Super League when they had an ordinary roster to what they have now and compared to the rest of the league and he has done an admirable job at Origin level when he hasn’t had the luxury of 3 future immortals carrying his win rate like Mal’s record.

Kevin is more qualified to be given an NRL head coach role than Trent Robinson was when he got given the Roosters job in 2013 and when Bellamy got given the Storm job in 2003. Fact

If it is true that Kev has the role, I still have doubts about whether he has what it takes to be our long term coach, but I firmly believe that he is the right coach for the situation that the club has put itself in. His role is a healing and building one and to try and address some of the cultural issues.

Walters first order of business should be to put the current playing group through a torturous boot camp up in the hinterlands to seperate the real men from the boys and immediately work out who the weak minded individuals are and advise them they are surplus to requirements beyond next season.

Rothfield reporting that the board was split, those that wanted Green only agreed to Walters if the club also signed a coaching director, the calibre of Bellamy.

even the Green supporters wanted Kevvie around the playing group because of his passion for the club and the fact that his personality gets players to lift for him. they just don't believe Walters can do the job on his own, given the enormous task at hand to get us back where we need to be.

Rothfield says the club wanted to announce a package deal on Wednesday (i.e. Walters, head coach for 2021; Bellamy as CD from 2022), but Bellamy won't budge as out of respect for the Storm, he will wait until seasons end to announce his decision.

he says that Walters will concentrate on coaching the team week to week, while Bellamy will concentrate on the big picture planning and discipline.

edit: he also says that Green was regarded as too experienced and too qualified to work under Bellamy

Last edited:
He did a reasonable job as a head coach with the Catalans in the English Super League when they had an ordinary roster

and you've lost everyone ... A 37% winning record is not a reasonable job in anyones language

and you've lost everyone ... A 37% winning record is not a reasonable job in anyones language
You are cherry picking and being disingenuous with your selective information. I have challenged you about this before and you did not have the decency of replying.

You are choosing an outlier year where he had a particularly poor year with Catalans. Even that year his team made it to the Challenge Cup semi-final (you make no mention of that). In his other head coaching roles he won a comp with Toowoomba and made the GF and won the minor premiership with the Jets. That was a side he built up from a very low position when he got there (sound familiar).

You compare that to your mate Seibold, who had a losing record around 37/38% at most of the head coaching roles he had. The only outlier was Souths, which sort of makes my point of the danger of relying on an outlier year.

I would call making the semi-finals of the Super League and being one game away from the GF and making the Challenge Cup semi-finals a reasonable job for a rookie coach in a foreign country where some of his players did not speak English.

Still a higher percentage than your "messiah" achieved the past two seasons. I never known anyone to push their agenda for so long despite everything crashing down around him. Jump on the "Kevie train" my man. I promise you a wild ride.

Still a higher percentage than your "messiah" achieved the past two seasons. I never known anyone to push their agenda for so long despite everything crashing down around him. Jump on the "Kevie train" my man. I promise you a wild ride.

a) i never said he was the messiah. in fact he wasn't even my preferred choice when he got the job. he definitely has his share of blame for how this season unfolded

b) Even though i don't believe he is the right man for the job, i will 100% get behind him when the appointment is official ... unlike the way yourself and certain others have acted when Seibold got the job

c) as soon as it became a race in 2 (and Green was the other contender), Walters was 10000% my preferred option

I would call making the semi-finals of the Super League and being one game away from the GF and making the Challenge Cup semi-finals a reasonable job for a rookie coach in a foreign country where some of his players did not speak English.

then i suppose you believe that Nathan Brown is a good coach.

because he also made the challenge cup final in his first season, like Walters, but unlike Walters he also won a super league title and had an overall winning record of 59%

Active Now

• Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncoscope
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  • Gaz
  • mystico
  • Old Mate
  • Rookie Alan
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.