Next Broncos coach

Who should it be?

• Total voters
He has no inside info whatsoever but given the board’s incompetence, this would not surprise whatsoever.
Actually I think I have worked our board out, get hot button issue, wait, listen to a "Journalist's" opinion, follow that line of thought. Its like the Bunker and the Commentary teams, noting from the bunker until a commentator gives an opinion.

I fundamentally disagree about the hoodwinking you refer to. It was systemic cheating in my view. He was banned for his role in the peptides. He refused to cooperate with the conditions then he blatantly defied the ban and was shown to be deeply involved in running the recruitment and operations. Blatant disregard for the game and could not cop his penalty. He does not deserve another chance. I know that does not fit your narrative. Lots of PEDS issues in Australian sport and history of it in NRL. He was a coach w ho oversaw the team not just a player. He is even more responsible then the players who were right to be suspended. Cronulla got off light. If you haven't read the legal info that is publicly available I encourage you to do so. You might change your mind.
No, I've read it all, thanks. I didn't change my mind because it wasn't JUST Flanagan. Had it been I'd think, hmm, cheating scumbag. However, some 15 officials from Cronulla and about the same from Essenden were hoodwinked. In fact Dank was so good at the con Manly were paying him for the same thing prior to the events of 2011.

In your narrative you want to single out Flanagan, you want to isolate his 'offence' because it suits your bias and agenda. I see the bigger picture which is supported by the EVIDENCE. That is, Flanagan was one of many bamboozled by a qualified snake oil salesman along with his fellow Cronulla official, Essenden officials and Manly officials.

Furthermore, the punishment is not something you can blame on Flanagan and Cronulla, you can only blame ASADA and the NRL, take it up with them. Perhaps if you take a rational approach YOU might change your mind.

The email offences are entirely on Flanagan. Not worth a lifetime ban though.

No, I've read it all, thanks. I didn't change my mind because it wasn't JUST Flanagan. Had it been I'd think, hmm, cheating scumbag. However, some 15 officials from Cronulla and about the same from Essenden were hoodwinked. In fact Dank was so good at the con Manly were paying him for the same thing prior to the events of 2011.

In your narrative you want to single out Flanagan, you want to isolate his 'offence' because it suits your bias and agenda. I see the bigger picture which is supported by the EVIDENCE. That is, Flanagan was one of many bamboozled by a qualified snake oil salesman along with his fellow Cronulla official, Essenden officials and Manly officials.

Furthermore, the punishment is not something you can blame on Flanagan and Cronulla, you can only blame ASADA and the NRL, take it up with them. Perhaps if you take a rational approach YOU might change your mind.

The email offences are entirely on Flanagan. Not worth a lifetime ban though.
So you are happy to ignore that he he was under a ban and breached? You've read the docs not just the media? I am not saying it wasn't just him. I am saying he was part of it and deserved his suspension. You like to cherry pick. I have No agenda or bias just a view like you do. My view is that his multiple breaches means he is banned for life. I am not isolating him. I just view he played more than a passive role. You don't see a bigger picture. You just have a view you are calling the bigger picture That statement just makes you sound more informed or insightful. I doubt you've read the legal docs. I have read what you can find and I am a lawyer so I had a bit of a nerdy interest. AFL stuff was more interesting. But hey enjoy the bigger picture

I might be Naieve, don't know what it means.
He's out of the gane for breaking some rules concerning contact and training. You want him banned for life for that? Or is it because he was amongst 35 officials from two codes who were hoodwinked by sports medicine guru, Stephen Dank?
Gane? If you're going to nitpick people's spelling mistakes at least get your own house in order.

I might be Naieve, don't know what it means.
He's out of the gane for breaking some rules concerning contact and training. You want him banned for life for that? Or is it because he was amongst 35 officials from two codes who were hoodwinked by sports medicine guru, Stephen Dank?
Nothing more funny to see on the internet than someone mocking a spelling error only to make their own error in the following sentence.

I'm actually coming around to the idea of Walters as our next coach ... not necessarily because i think he is the right man to lead us forward (because i don't) ... but more because i feel that if we don't give him a shot, then he will continue to cast a shadow over the club as long as he holds a clipboard.

so, we need to make sure he has all the support the club can give him to help him succeed. this is the coaching team i would aim to put under him.

Defense:
Trevor Gilmeister - in the age of six agains (and less reliance on wrestling), his defensive style would really work wonders.
other possibles would be either Peter Ryan or Stephen Kearney (i liked what he did with us in 2015)

whoever, we hire as defensive coach MUST be full time, not a 2 day per week consultant

Forwards: Corey Parker- no brainer, i feel him not being able to enter the bubble really hurt us this year

Backs: Justin Hodges - the likes of Staggs (in particular), Coates and Farnworth could really benefit from his tutelage

Fitness: Corvo - in the age of 6 agains, we need someone to get us in top shape

attack: Walters would handle the attacking structures and halves

whether the old boys want to help or not is up to them ... as long as they shut their mouths and stop using the clubs plight to make themselves relevant again

Nothing more funny to see on the internet than someone mocking a spelling error only to make their own error in the following sentence.
O eye dont no theirs plentee off utha things funnyer then that

The next thing you know is that we will be hearing about Milfrod

I'm actually coming around to the idea of Walters as our next coach ... not necessarily because i think he is the right man to lead us forward (because i don't) ... but more because i feel that if we don't give him a shot, then he will continue to cast a shadow over the club as long as he holds a clipboard.

so, we need to make sure he has all the support the club can give him to help him succeed. this is the coaching team i would aim to put under him.

Defense:
Trevor Gilmeister - in the age of six agains (and less reliance on wrestling), his defensive style would really work wonders.
other possibles would be either Peter Ryan or Stephen Kearney (i liked what he did with us in 2015)

whoever, we hire as defensive coach MUST be full time, not a 2 day per week consultant

Forwards: Corey Parker- no brainer, i feel him not being able to enter the bubble really hurt us this year

Backs: Justin Hodges - the likes of Staggs (in particular), Coates and Farnworth could really benefit from his tutelage

whether the old boys want to help or not is up to them ... as long as they shut their mouths and stop using the clubs plight to make themselves relevant again
Love it, that is a coaching team that can really bring success.....
Any chance you are qualified to be CEO @Foordy ?

Defense:

Walters success or otherwise will be predicated on who we place around him...totally agree with your premise here..

He can be the face of the club and have a laugh etc...meanwhile the group of coaches around him rebuild this roster to NRL standard...this is how it would have to play out....Kevvie cant do this himself...the best you can hope is that he grows into the role...but it would be a true coaching team effort to do it

Last edited:
Walters success or otherwise will be predicated on who we place around him...totally agree with your premise here..

He can be the face of the club and have a laugh etc...meanwhile the group of coaches around him rebuild this roster to NRL standard...this is how it would have to play out....Kevvie cant do this himself...the best you can hope is that he grows into the role...but it would be a true coaching team effort to do it

Reality is the board will mess around and whoever the coach is will be chucked into the role mid pre-season. Good luck being ready by round 1

Unread

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Strop
  • Fozz
  • Horseheadsup
  • Mighty Bronx
  • The Strapper
  • GCBRONCO
  • johnny plath
  • Allo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Volvo Driver
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.