Votes: 1 3.2%
  • other? (please specify)

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
:haha: at Ray Warren picking the next immortal.

He is flat our remembering the current players names when calling the games.

So I am expecting him to nominate Paul Carige.

Johns will be the next immoral.

ISeeWhatYouDidThereBlackWithTextSS.png

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
If only Karmichael was on the list...I'm sure Rabs would love to have k. hunt called up to the podium.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Mal should be next, Joey I am sure will go in but I would prefer to see him do some good for the game before we put him in that echelon of greats because what he did off the field does leave a sour taste for a lot of league fans.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Mal should be next, Joey I am sure will go in but I would prefer to see him do some good for the game before we put him in that echelon of greats because what he did off the field does leave a sour taste for a lot of league fans.

I think this needs to happen. I've never seen or heard him doing anything for the community. Maybe I have missed things I don't know.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
I think this needs to happen. I've never seen or heard him doing anything for the community. Maybe I have missed things I don't know.

He's been doing the community a service and keeping as many drugs as possible from reaching the streets.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
It looks to me as if Alfie is sadly getting more and more forgotten when these types of things come up. I fear that the likes of Fittler and Daley will end up getting this sort of accolade before Alf will. I think he's worthy of a nomination at least.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Alfie is the second best halfback I have ever seen after Johns and after Lewis and Lockyer for halves generally, if those two beat him I would be gutted Jeb!

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
From the outside in - it looks like it's going to be Mal or Joey.

Let's face it... Joey will be eventually so I think it might go to Mal first. (purely a chronological thing)

shaneomac

shaneomac

NYC Player
Apr 7, 2009
unfortunately for mal i doubt his coaching record would come into account considering its in game immortals.

otherwise bennett could get a nom :respect:

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, if coaching records counted Wally Lewis would've forever been banned from consideration!

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I say give it to Mal, just on his political career alone.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Yeah but I thought what you did for the game afterwards counted, so coaching would be taken into consideration?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
apparently Wayne Bennett has been added as a judge ... but i'm sure he knows nothing about talent, right AP :cheesy:

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
apparently Wayne Bennett has been added as a judge ... but i'm sure he knows nothing about talent, right AP :cheesy:

So beau Scott or dean young will be the next immortal. Fantastic.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Matty Johns was arguing last night with Paul Kent that Mal Meninga should be the next immortal over Andrew Johns.

Matty Johns said Mal Meninga was clearly the next in line and should get the immortal gig, as Andrew's time will come.
Paul kent was a deadset moron and was droning on and on how Andrew was a better choice. OMG. That guy is an idiot. After last night I have put him in the same pot of useless Rugby League reporters Weidler & Rothfield. He was going on and on and on about other things too and was just basically stupid across the board.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Mal Meninga.

Only player to twice captain a Kangaroo Tour (1990 and 1994).

Most points scored in Test matches for Australia (272 – 21 tries, 96 goals)

Most goals kicked in Test matches for Australia (96)

2nd in most appearances made for Australia

5th in most tries scored for Australia

Most points scored in Origin

Most goals kicked in a State of Origin match for Queensland (7 in Game 1 1980)

2 time BRL premiership winner (Souths)

3 time NSWRL premiership winner (Canberra)

a Member of the Order of Australia "for service to rugby league football"

Most State of Origins won as coach in a row. 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 (6)

and yeah.....I do think his coaching record helps boost his status as an immortal, although as if it needs help. An immortal IMO is someone who has left a huge foot print on the game

Have a look at his record and tell me he's not an immortal.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I hope its Johns just so we can get it over and done with, So when its time for Locky to go in, we dont have a massive comparison-athon

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • Broncorob
  • Brocko
  • Mustafur
  • The Don
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.