NFL 2014/15 Discussion

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Anyone watched Hard Knocks this year? Haven't checked it out and keen to know if this year's is any good.

I have never actually seen an episode of Hard Knocks. Is it really that good? I've never really been into watching training camp footage.

Watching training isn't that interesting but how things work behind the scenes kind of is. I've only ever seen the one season and that was Miami. It wasn't bad but didn't really make me watch every week. Curious to know if this year's has much going for it.

On the NFL, what's everyone's predictions this year? For me the Broncos look the team to beat. Adding Ware to their D, as well as Von Miller back from injury, in addition to Talib at corner and Ward at safety. Sanders will replace Decker fairly well and Montee Ball is more talented than Moreno. Their O-line is probably weaker with Zane Beadles gone but all in all I think they improved their roster from last year and get a key player back from injury. Save for injury or some massive cheating by Bellichick then it'll be hard to see anyone else winning the AFC.

Seattle still look good though they have a shed some players and their depth isn't as good on D. Still have an elite starting unit though and they should have Harvin for the full season. They are in the hardest division, as all of the Rams/49'ers and Cardinals have great defensive units. Think the 49'ers may struggle initially being without Aldon Smith and Navorro Bowman.

Get the feeling the Saints are a bit of a darkhorse. They spent well to get Byrd and are clearly in win now mode and I'll certainly be cheering on Brandin Cooks for OROY!

Reckon Watt and Clowney will be really interesting to watch for Houston too. I reckon the #1 pick will go to Tampa, Oakland or Cleveland. Expect Carolina to regress massively too.

I watched the first ep of Hard Knocks - first ep I've ever watched, actually. Interesting for the background stuff you'd usually miss, and pretty funny cause some of these guys are just unbelievable. Like William Moore (I think) and his collection of every pair of Jordans ever made. Solid investment there.

Once again this year the NFC looks to be a lot more dominant than the AFC. I think the Broncos have a solid chance of going back to the Superbowl just because no one else really appeared to improve themselves enough to contend. Denver, Pats, Indy and maybe Baltimore to be division champs, Cincy and San Diego as wildcards. Dunno, haven't followed that side of things too much this off season.

I expect Seattle to regress a little, as reigning champs usually do. I think SF have more or less plateaued as an above average team that can't quite push themselves up into that top tier, and are stuck in a hellish division to top it all off. The Saints have improved on both sides of the ball, and I can see them as NFC champs, and that's where they need to be for the home field advantage through the playoffs. NFC North and East feels like a bit of a crap shoot. If Green Bay fields a solid defense and stays healthy they should win the division, though. Saints, Seahawks, Green Bay, Eagles, with SF and Chicago as wildcards.

I'm gonna be so wrong, I have no doubt.

I think there are at least 4 NFC teams ahead of Denver: Saints, GB, 49'ers and Seahawks.
The trashing at the hands of Seattle last SB is indicative of how much stronger that conference is at the moment.

I haven't checked the actual draw, which can have a big impact on how teams will end, but based on potential, here's my opinion:

Denver is by far the best AFC team, although I'm expecting good things from the Colts, with Andrew Luck having another year under his belt, especially if T-Rich delivers.
The Pats season will very much depend on Gronk's health imo, but I reckon the Bengals have more upside.
Steelers and Chiefs may also have a word to say, especially if Kansas defense is as good as last year, and Alex Smith keeps that performance level.
Divisions to go to NE, Cincy, Indy and Denver.

The NFC has all the really good defenses (except maybe the Chiefs), with Seahawks, 49'ers, Cards and Panthers ready to obliterate anything or anyone that comes their way. There will be a bloodbath in the West, probably even more so than last season, and there will be teams left out of the playoff that would otherwise walk in if their were in the other conference.

Seattle has to remain favourites, but I reckon (and hope) the 49'ers may push that bit further, depending on how well their secondary performs. Missing Aldon and Navorro won't be too big an issue, as we have good depth in the LB dept, but we can't slack too much at the start, at the risk of not being able to catch up later, like last year. SF to pip the Seattle this time.

The other conferences all at least have one contender, with East being possibly the weakest division, but I can see another big fight between NO and Carolina for top spot in the South, and I reckon Carolina will take it.
GB will take North easily if A-Rod stays healthy and Philly should take East, although you never know what the South-Western Cowboys (WTF are they doing in the NFC East?) are capable of.

Must laugh at the comment that SF can't push in that top tier... if they're not there, who is?

Carolina has to have one of the work supporting casts on offence in the entire league. D-Willz getting older, J-Stew suspended for a couple and **** all receivers. Aside from their front 7 they have nothing on the Saints.

SF also lacking in receivers too IMO. Even the slightest drop off in D is going to hurt them, and their depth might be good but it's not at an Aldon or Navorro level for sure.

Cinci have limited upside because Dalton has limited upside. Can't believe the contract he was given!

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if we see a repeat of last year's Superbowl match up but the NFC is obviously a lot tougher, with Seattle, GB, NO and SF all in with a genuine chance. Honestly struggle to see anyone beating Denver in the AFC if Manning is fit. Colts probably the ones with the biggest upside and Brady may, but he too lacks any good WRs.

I'd expect Carolina to take a step back this season. The offensive line has taken a hit this year plus the receiving corps is very weak. Running backs are old and injury prone as well. They need to sort out their salary cap issues for the 2015/16 season.

I'm tipping the Patriots to win it. I think I'll throw up now.

Must laugh at the comment that SF can't push in that top tier... if they're not there, who is?

I honestly think SF's window was a couple of years ago for a number of reasons - team's getting older, some departures and question marks on defense, the fact that it looks like Jim Harbaugh is getting restless and potentially at odds with management - but mostly because of Seattle's ascension in the division. I think Seattle, right now, are better built to dominate in the immediate future.

Unless the Saints implode in spectacular fashion, there's no chance Carolina wins the South. As Ari says, they're weak on offense, and across the field. The team signed Roman Harper to bolster their secondary. I loved him as a Saint, but by god he couldn't play cover if his life depended on it, and they're gonna throw him him out there to face Brees twice in the season? Yep, good luck with that.

Last edited:
Bradford has done hie ACL again in the same knee. Newton has a fractured rib. A bit of QB carnage early on this season.

Surely Bradford is done. He's far too injury prone to be sucking up a fair chunk of the Rams salary cap.

Probably makes Stacy even more valuable. :lalala:

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Financeguy
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Fatboy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manofoneway
  • Brotherdu
  • The Strapper
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncosgirl
  • BooKhaki
  • Browny
  • Dazza 92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.