NFL 2020 Discussion

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
01FBF247 A064 4A77 8436 2147455942FF

1A67FEC3 9692 4050 8A4F F8912D1663C6

Can't believe the draft will be the closest thing to sport we'll have for a month.

I got so excited this morning when I saw an NFL alert saying Gronk wants to come out of retirement.

Then I get another alert saying he's been traded to the Bucs. 😭

I got so excited this morning when I saw an NFL alert saying Gronk wants to come out of retirement.

Then I get another alert saying he's been traded to the Bucs. 😭
I don't know how to feel about this. I hope he's crap. I hope Brady is crap.
I don't think they will be though, I think they'll be awesome.

I don't know how to feel about this. I hope he's crap. I hope Brady is crap.
I don't think they will be though, I think they'll be awesome.
I'm just glad they're in the NFC. Now I won't feel bad when I cheer for Brady to Gronk.

I'll be surprised if Brady is good in a different uniform.

I'm just glad they're in the NFC. Now I won't feel bad when I cheer for Brady to Gronk.
Yeah, and it's hard to hate Tampa. If it was the Giants or Dallas or someone diabolical like that it would be a different story.

I'll be surprised if Brady is good in a different uniform.
To be fair - he wasn't really 'good' last season either. Certainly by his own standards.
He will benefit from having a far superior receiving corps. If they can snag a RB from somewhere and look at O-line in the draft they should be solid.

Bucs have one of the best LB groups in the league IMO as well. Plenty going for the Bucs.

Yeah, and it's hard to hate Tampa. If it was the Giants or Dallas or someone diabolical like that it would be a different story.
Exactly. Go Tampa!*

*unless they are playing the Pats

Yep, and the Pats still went 12-4.
Yep - on the back of the defense. Though I understand your implication here.

I'm going to put on my Pat's hat now - and I know that's what you wanted by not quoting my full post.

You need to move on from the whole "Brady is a system QB" rubbish. Even if he does suck this year it will not prove it. It proves that he's 43 years old and in age related decline.

It's a team sport. If there is a deficiency then it makes good sense to plan around it. The Pats were a completely different offensive team last year (and the back half of the year prior) because everyone could see that Brady was faltering - which is understandable given his age.

The Pats going 12-4 with Brady as a glorified game manager says to me that the Pats are a good football team, not that Brady is a system QB. It's not like he was stacked with offensive weapons around him to carry him - he was carried by the defense, which is a completely different scenario and you know that.

Last edited:
I mean, obviously he's not just a system QB. He's one of the top 5 all time. I watch the games, I can't argue against his talent. But I have seen better.

The big argument everyone always has is "Brady has the rings". My argument against that is, New England has the greatest coach of all time and some of those squads, especially the first three were elite on both sides of the ball.

I have no problem recognising the greatness of the Patriots organisation in the last 20 years, as much as I dislike them. What I can't stand is when I have seen better QB's than Brady and he is talked about being the GOAT like it's a fact.

I mean, obviously he's not just a system QB. He's one of the top 5 all time. I watch the games, I can't argue against his talent. But I have seen better.

The big argument everyone always has is "Brady has the rings". My argument against that is, New England has the greatest coach of all time and some of those squads, especially the first three were elite on both sides of the ball.

I have no problem recognising the greatness of the Patriots organisation in the last 20 years, as much as I dislike them. What I can't stand is when I have seen better QB's than Brady and he is talked about being the GOAT like it's a fact.

This.

It's like comparing Darren Lockyer and Todd Carney. Mechanically and Athletically there were years Todd Carney had it all over Darren Lockyer in the 5/8 role, but the intangibles that Lockyer possessed had him so far above Todd Carney it isn't funny.

Same with Brady, at his prime 2007 he was an absolute God, but most of the time it was his ability to make the pass of least risk under pressure.

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.