GRIDIRON NFL 2022-2023

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Might as well kick it off with bang.

Russ to Denver for Lock, Fant, Shelby Harris, two first round picks, two second round picks and more.

ARod to sign a new 4 year deal by Green Bay to make him the highest paid QB.

Might as well kick it off with bang.

Russ to Denver for Lock, Fant, Shelby Harris, two first round picks, two second round picks and more.

ARod to sign a new 4 year deal by Green Bay to make him the highest paid QB.
Huge haul from Denver.

That is apparently not true about the highest paid QB, typically media bullshit and I expected better from Rapaport. He is staying but waited a cap friendly deal to make sure everyone can come back.

Damn. All really bad news for Vegas. Add Wilson to a division that already has Mahomes and Herbert.

We expected for GB to put up very little fight in our pursuit of Davante Adams if A-Rod left, but since he is staying, I assume they will tag Adams and move other pieces around to get under the cap.

Damn. All really bad news for Vegas. Add Wilson to a division that already has Mahomes and Herbert.

We expected for GB to put up very little fight in our pursuit of Davante Adams if A-Rod left, but since he is staying, I assume they will tag Adams and move other pieces around to get under the cap.
Sorry to disappoint further but Adams has indeed been tagged.

I don't think Wilson is the missing piece for Denver. You only give up that much if you're getting the one player you need to take you to the big show. I don't think Wilson is that guy.

Having said that , that is a hell of a QB division now.

I don't think Wilson is the missing piece for Denver. You only give up that much if you're getting the one player you need to take you to the big show. I don't think Wilson is that guy.

Having said that , that is a hell of a QB division now.

QB has been their weakness for awhile. They've paid a steep price so it will bite down the line. They've got good WRs and RBs. Not sure how they rank defensively but they were always heading for a rebuild there.

I guess if the D isn't up to scratch then you'd back Wilson in a shoot out over Teddy or Lock.

Oh, Wilson is undoubtedly an upgrade over what they had (although I'd happily take Teddy back at the Saints), but giving up four picks across the first two rounds of the next two drafts hamstrings them a bit, I feel. You might not hit on all those picks, but you could also use them to trade for other players with a more reasonable asking price, and potentially add two, three, or four difference makers as opposed to just the one. Wilson is not young, either, so it's kind of mortgaging the medium to long term for the short term.

I just think teams have seen the Rams finally succeed with their all-in strategy, and they've thought they can do it too. I just don't think it ends happily in most cases.

Oh, Wilson is undoubtedly an upgrade over what they had (although I'd happily take Teddy back at the Saints), but giving up four picks across the first two rounds of the next two drafts hamstrings them a bit, I feel. You might not hit on all those picks, but you could also use them to trade for other players with a more reasonable asking price, and potentially add two, three, or four difference makers as opposed to just the one. Wilson is not young, either, so it's kind of mortgaging the medium to long term for the short term.

I just think teams have seen the Rams finally succeed with their all-in strategy, and they've thought they can do it too. I just don't think it ends happily in most cases.
Denver went all in on Manning and it got them a title.

Denver went all in on Manning and it got them a title.

Did it? Or was he simply present while their defense won them that title? In 2015 Manning went 198/331 for a 59.8% completion rate, with 9 TDs to 17 INTs. He didn't exactly light up the Super Bowl either...

Did it? Or was he simply present while their defense won them that title? In 2015 Manning went 198/331 for a 59.8% completion rate, with 9 TDs to 17 INTs. He didn't exactly light up the Super Bowl either...
Exactly, Manning was more a cheerleader than a QB in that game.

Same could be said equally for the Rams and Stafford. Fact is the Broncos went all in on Manning the first year they picked him up (he broke the passing and td record that year I'm pretty sure). The rams arent the first team to go all in and certainly wont be the last. Hell the bucs are about to fall off a cliff now Brady has retired because they went all in as well.

It's alright to go all in if you get the job done at least once. I'd take one superbowl and years of shit over always being a contender but never winning.

Same could be said equally for the Rams and Stafford. Fact is the Broncos went all in on Manning the first year they picked him up (he broke the passing and td record that year I'm pretty sure). The rams arent the first team to go all in and certainly wont be the last. Hell the bucs are about to fall off a cliff now Brady has retired because they went all in as well.

There were probably twenty QBs in the league that year that the Broncos could have won with, they didn't need Manning. No doubt he improved them greatly when he got there, and they got to that first Super Bowl with his help, but by the time they won it he wasn't contributing much. Also he was a free agent signing, so they didn't really go all in. Same with Brady to the Bucs - and the fact that they were then able to spend their first two picks on a much needed stud OT and a standout safety absolutely helped them win the whole thing.

I think Stafford undeniably contributed to the Rams getting over the line. They proved they weren't doing it with Goff, certainly. Stafford was much more than a passenger in that Super Bowl, even if it was Donald who clinched it for them. Wilson might have a bit more class than Stafford, but do Denver have the rest of the pieces in place to take advantage? They're still far from the best team in their division, let alone conference...

Brady doing a Farnham and returning to TB

Chalk up two wins for the Saints.

A lot of talk around today that the Saints are major players for Watson. I really hope that we get outbid on that one. Would be very hard to get behind the team if they do pull that off. Winston's history is questionable enough, but Watson's on another level there, indicted or not. Where there's a hell of a lot of smoke, there's usually fire...

Chalk up two wins for the Saints.

A lot of talk around today that the Saints are major players for Watson. I really hope that we get outbid on that one. Would be very hard to get behind the team if they do pull that off. Winston's history is questionable enough, but Watson's on another level there, indicted or not. Where there's a hell of a lot of smoke, there's usually fire...

Yeah, I'd imagine any deal would have to involve both Winston and Hill being shipped off because the Saints already have too much cap space tied up to two QBs.

You read anything about the rumor that the retiring un-retiring was a ploy for him to be able to play for his childhood team the 49ers?

You read anything about the rumor that the retiring un-retiring was a ploy for him to be able to play for his childhood team the 49ers?

Not until you brought it up.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mr Fourex
  • Stix
  • Jazza
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Cavalo
  • Culhwch
  • bazza
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • heartly87
  • Behind enemy lines
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.