NFL Draft Thread

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Pretty happy with the Pats' first two picks. I love Hightower - he's a good pick.

Seems weird to see the Pats trade up though - they usually always trade down due to how many picks they have every year.

A bit suprised with the 49ers choice, especially after they picked up two free agent wide receivers. Sort of expected a Centre or OT as the first pick to improve the pass rush defense and give Alex Smith more time. At least he will now have plenty of choice to throw to, as opposed to last season where Vernon Davis was pretty much the only reliable target...

I know very little about AJ. Jenkins, but in Harbough we trust!

Buccaneers the big winners, getting future Hall of famer "Teach me how to" Doug Martin

I thought the Cowboys did well fixing their only obvious need with Claibourne. Surprising some of the players still left that we're projected to highly - Jeffrey, Hill, Jonathan Martin etc.

I detect a Boise bias there Penny. He does look to be a good running back though. Lacks speed a bit IMO but he will fit nicely at the Bucs.

Best thing is the Pats still have their 2 second round picks as well. No idea how they managed to trade up twice in the first round and not give any second rounders.

I love Weeden too. No one take him in the draft or I will punch you in the face emotionally.

Can you guys do me a favor and explain to me how the NFL draft system works? I'll be trying to follow the NFL more closely this coming season and I'm still learning positions and some rules, but the draft is something I remain clueless about.

It's based on how the team finished the previous season.

Colts had the worst record (they sucked for Luck) so they ended up with pick 1 in the first round, Giants won the Super Bowl so they ended up with the last pick. The order is repeated for the remaining rounds.

Teams can trade picks to move up or down the draft (ie Redskins traded up to 2 to get RG3). Players can be traded for picks too (Jets traded some later round picks to the Broncos for Tebow). Saints didn't have any first round picks after being caught out in Bountygate and penalized by the NFL.

Steelers had an unbelievably good draft. Very happy with the two OL picks.

Alex Smith is going to outgun Brees and Rogers... :cuckoo:

If by outgun you meant shoot more blanks, then yes, he will.
I don't care what you and Romo do in the bedroom mate. Just leave Alex and the niners out of it...

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Jedhead
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.