6:05am Tennesse Titans @ Tampa Bay Buchaneers
6:05am Detroit Lions @ San Diego Chargers
10:30am New York Giants @ Dallas Cowboys

Tuesday, 15th September
9:10am Philadelphia Eagles @ Atlanta Falcons
12:20am Minnesota Vikings @ San Francisco 49ers

11940334_10153596000647855_2068545777496695151_n.jpg

Thanks for that Pete.

I still don't have Gamepass, and it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to afford it this year.

NFL Sunday tossed up some crazy week one results.

What about Rex Ryan's Buffalo Bills pasting the Indianapolis Colts? There appears to be a lot of hype surrounding the Colts, and it appears they bought into it as the Bills defence terrorised the Colts into submission. It's going to be interesting to see how both franchises will go for the rest of the year.

However, the game that kept me up was the Overtime clash between the St Louis Rams and the Seattle Seahawks. These two teams always tend to match up well against one another and last night was obviously no exception. It appeared as if the game was over when Seattle Defensive Back Cary Williams earned a sack, forced fumble and a touch-down late in the 4th Quater. However, Foles showed some really good composure to get the ball to Lance Kendricks for a 37 yard game-tying touchdown. The finish was just as exciting, with the Seahawks trying an onside kick to open OT, missing out and conceding the 3 before coming up with a anti-climatic rush play to hand victory over to the Rams.

Depending on what side of the fence you're on, how good/sad was the Giants choke at AT&T Stadium?

Good first week, besides Oakland still being Oakland. I'm definitely on the Bills and Rams bandwagons if they can make the playoffs. I had Indy in NFL.com survivor, so I'm already out lol. I dominated in my pay to enter fantasy league. Had Antonio Brown and Tyler Eifert :)

Hayne's first punt return and he fumbles it..

I'm not an NFL fan in the slightest but I'm interested in giving it a go I suppose. Jumping on the bandwagon. I went to America in 2013 and spent a week in New Orleans and their passion for the Saints was amazing. Every day feels like Origin day over there. To those who do watch the NFL religiously on here, are the Saints any good? If I were to choose a team it would be them.

Welcome to the club, Cult.

I've kept in touch with the Vikings since 2012 but trying to ramp my appreciation of the sport up this season.

From what I gather about the Saints, they've still got plenty of quality about them, but they're a team on the slide. They were great in 2009/2010 but those days are behind them. Big things were expected last year and they bottomed out dramatically.

49ers look home here. Only tuned in during the 3rd quarter, but it appears they did a great job on AP and the Vikings defence is struggling to contain Kap.

Hayne hasn't done much against a vulnerable defence.

Parramatta will be re-inking their pens. I think the Hayne Plane has crashed.

Massive game from Carlos Hyde.

Good win to the 49ers.

A lot of concerns for the Vikings.

Stunned with the result today. Expected the opposite result TBH. The Vikings O-Line gave Teddy nothing and the 49ers O-line let Hyde run riot.

Dumb arse Eagles losing to the Falcons as well. Dumb. Started really slowly and couldn't get the job done.

Hayne's first punt return and he fumbles it..

I thought Hayne recovered solidly after the initial fumble. He didn't set the world on fire but was ok. I'll bet Tomsula, Hayne and the rest of the side are glad the first game is out of the way so they can get past the mania and settle into their season.

I'm not sure about the Reggie Bush injury but it could pave the way for a bit more game time than the 49s had in mind with the next few games against playoff sides from last season.

Glad the first game is out of the way. 49'ers better than most (including myself) expected, Hyde raping and pillaging while Petersen was quietly and confidently contained. O-line way better than I expected and we still have some sting in D...

I want that jersey!!!

I thought Hayne recovered solidly after the initial fumble. He didn't set the world on fire but was ok. I'll bet Tomsula, Hayne and the rest of the side are glad the first game is out of the way so they can get past the mania and settle into their season.

I'm not sure about the Reggie Bush injury but it could pave the way for a bit more game time than the 49s had in mind with the next few games against playoff sides from last season.

Not sure Hayne would get carries over Mike Davis. He only played ahead of him due to special teams IMO.

Surely the story is Eli though. Can't even count to three!

I'm almost regretting jumping on the NFL bandwagon already. The pretentious Twitter fans with their "I played Madden before you did" attitude made for a terrible experience whilst I was attempting to understand the game better.

Plus is there a reason they have half time in the NFL? I swear I was more tired than the players.

I'm not an NFL fan in the slightest but I'm interested in giving it a go I suppose. Jumping on the bandwagon. I went to America in 2013 and spent a week in New Orleans and their passion for the Saints was amazing. Every day feels like Origin day over there. To those who do watch the NFL religiously on here, are the Saints any good? If I were to choose a team it would be them.

Good choice! Though if you're going to follow the Saints you may need to prepare for frustration and disappointment in the immediate future. They really are on the down slope of what has been an historically dominant stretch of being perhaps the most potent offense in the game, certainly since Sean Payton and Drew Brees arrived in 2006. The Superbowl was obviously the highlight, but they've been towards the top end of the competition most years until just recently. Currently they're plagued with an average (but young and hopefully promising) defense and an offense that is undergoing something of a philosophy change, moving from pass-heavy to a more balanced style with more of an emphasis on the run game and possession. The unfortunate thing is Brees is getting old, and isn't the elite quarterback he once was, but he's still better than most. They also have a pretty young core of receivers and backs that need to find some consistency and chemistry with Brees. I have hope that they'll improve through this year, and perhaps give Brees another chance at a ring before he retires/moves on in two or three years time. Or the whole thing could blow up and get rebuilt. Unfortunately it's that kind of sport...

And ignore the derps on Twitter, and ask any questions you have here!

Good first week. There was some clear rust from most teams, but also some good clashes. Buffalo are certainly a team on the rise, but they are clearly trying to minimize Tyrod Taylor's ability to make mistakes but restricting his throws. It's all about that defense though, and providing Shady pulls his finger out, should be able to control games with the running game. Should be very interesting this week against the Patriots. The Pats O-Line is very inexperienced at the moment, so Brady can expect constant pressure all day, and the run defense was atrocious against the Steelers. Plenty to work on - but it's good there's finally some real competition in the division.

Active Now

• Thelmus
  • Manlyman
  • NSW stables
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.