NEWS Nikorima ready to call the shots

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Kodinikorima6

Kodi Nikorima ready to speak up after officially being anointed Broncos new halfback

February 5, 2018

Source: Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
You see that calmness even when Kevvie is coaching Qld and he took that side last year to a series win despite many (me included) thinking it might not be possible. He instilled belief, that’s what you want from a coach.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
You see that calmness even when Kevvie is coaching Qld and he took that side last year to a series win despite many (me included) thinking it might not be possible. He instilled belief, that’s what you want from a coach.
I'm with you. I was never really convinced about Kevvie's coaching capabilities. I thought he was too much of a larrikin to be any good. Like you though after that last origin season I saw a whole new side to him that I was simply blind to. S'funny but the signs were there. How he coached the halves into a GF, his first origin was no gimme either and he nailed that, and his tuff stance with the emerging boys when they went on the town made everything a lot harder as they were not available to pick either.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
We will see. Its hard to learn a Talent that needs to be natural.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Wtf. That's such a dumb thing to say. People aren't pre programmed. Some people have brains and learn. Why the hell do we have schools and universities if everything has to be "natural ability".

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Wtf. That's such a dumb thing to say. People aren't pre programmed. Some people have brains and learn. Why the hell do we have schools and universities if everything has to be "natural ability".

In a role of halfback natural leadership and game vision is required. You can force someone to learn these things but often it is not successful.

University's teach knowledge, schools teach knowledge.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Niko definitely has natural talent and his vision doesn't seem any worse than a lot of others.

I think being a halfback (at least the type of halfback we need) requires willingness to learn, willingness to change and adapt, and a good brain. The changing part is realising that you can't score from every play, can't run the ball every time and developing good patience. And yeah, leadership too. Is it possible? Who knows.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
In a role of halfback natural leadership and game vision is required. You can force someone to learn these things but often it is not successful.

They don't just teach knowledge.

Why do you think mathematics is compulsory? Algebra?

That isn't knowledge you need in the outside world. How many of us truly use half of the equations or formulas we learned in senior mathematics. How mamy of us truly remember the finite details of those multiple choice questions in science? Or the facts from the research projects we did?

We hardly do because it isn't about the knowledge. It is about teaching us to be good learners. Mathematics teaches us problem solving skills and gets the brain thinking abstractly to find solutions.

Multiple choice was teaching our brain to recall and access information fast and to help us find ways of remembering information so we can later in life use those techniques in everyday life and employment.

Research projects taught us the ability to seek out answers and be critical thinkers.

Schools don't fundamentally teach knowledge. They teach us processes and tricks for our brains to apply to any life situation. They help us unlock and carve neural pathways.

You can learn to be a leader. You just have to do it.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
They don't just teach knowledge.

Why do you think mathematics is compulsory? Algebra?

That isn't knowledge you need in the outside world. How many of us truly use half of the equations or formulas we learned in senior mathematics. How mamy of us truly remember the finite details of those multiple choice questions in science? Or the facts from the research projects we did?

We hardly do because it isn't about the knowledge. It is about teaching us to be good learners. Mathematics teaches us problem solving skills and gets the brain thinking abstractly to find solutions.

Multiple choice was teaching our brain to recall and access information fast and to help us find ways of remembering information so we can later in life use those techniques in everyday life and employment.

Research projects taught us the ability to seek out answers and be critical thinkers.

Schools don't fundamentally teach knowledge. They teach us processes and tricks for our brains to apply to any life situation. They help us unlock and carve neural pathways.

You can learn to be a leader. You just have to do it.
You can teach a parrot to talk but it can't speak.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016

Cooper???

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
It can be learnt.

Look at Cronk.

Cooper might not be the most talented. But his work ethic is amazing.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
The moment (or moments) of truth will soon be upon us and if Kodi is still a one dimensional speed bump, then it is going to be a long season. Anything above that level will be a bonus and will greatly impact on the success of the club this year. We don't have Benji this year to replace him when he is stinking it up. This is the make or break year for young Kodi and I just hope to God that it's the former.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Cooper isn’t the only example of players learning new positions. There’s thousands of them over the course of history. Mick Ennis was one of the craftiest and most durable hookers yet he started his career as a center...

But also a half , ennis was just a really good footy player . He would've excelled in most positions , a real competitor . Similar to cronk i guess , and kodi seems to have it to .

roo-ted

roo-ted

NRL Player
Oct 8, 2017
Cooper isn’t the only example of players learning new positions. There’s thousands of them over the course of history. Mick Ennis was one of the craftiest and most durable hookers yet he started his career as a center...
I heard Ennis on triple M a few times last season and was amazed by how intelligent he is. For a little shit stirrer he has a wealth of knowledge about the game, wouldn't be surprised if he goes into coaching in the future.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • marw
  • GCBRONCO
  • Howie
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • Sproj
  • Midean
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.