Nines / Trial Games

Issako has all but blown his chance at fullback. We lost a lot of momentum when Bird went off . Bird he's going to be key to our premiership.

Isaako just seems like a huge bust. I don't understand how he's all muscle, <10% body fat, yet runs like Lachlan Maranta.

You're right. Back to the one-out bash and barge

The one-out, close-to-the-ruck bash and barge is what won the Titans the game. It gave them the upper hand in the ruck, which allowed them to throw it around because our defence was consequently disorganised.

We throw it out wide with no momentum and you get that stupid shit where the defence is in our face and someone dies with the ball by being swarmed, losing 5 metres in the process.

We looked like a team that might scrape into the eight through luck in the first half, but the second we got a flashback of our last regular season game.

I’m happy enough with what I saw in the first half, if we’re scraping into the top eight with that team then we’re underachieving

Maybe it's a good thing I'm doing 7:00 - 5:30 at work every day, and then out late every night with the kid's sports. I don't have time to invest my emotions in to the Broncos this year.

I’ve moved to working nights now. I’ll miss every game except the weekend ones. So like all but 4

I hope this is a bad thing, but I know what you mean

Last edited:
Discipline is the major issue. The amount of drop ball is just unacceptable. Defence was poor from a lot of the guys.

Boyd and Macca are not NRL standard anymore but to be fair same could be said about more then just a few of these blokes tonight.

You can't hang a season on a trial match thats for sure. So i doubt this will be what the season ends up looking like. Seibold better be able to get a hell of a lot more out of this team.

Here's a challenge for our stats minded gurus out there. How many times in the last decade have these blokes quickly racked up a 10 - 20 point lead & then say ' game over boys; let's clock off ' only to be overrun by a less fancied opponent?

The one-out, close-to-the-ruck bash and barge is what won the Titans the game. It gave them the upper hand in the ruck, which allowed them to throw it around because our defence was consequently disorganised.

We throw it out wide with no momentum and you get that stupid shit where the defence is in our face and someone dies with the ball by being swarmed, losing 5 metres in the process.

This. Same as last year. My support for Seibold is beginning to wane

28-22 flatters us that is what scares us, any competent side would have put a shit load more on us with that effort. I can handle losing when the side has had a decent dig but **** me it's frustrating to be a supporter when they dish out turd performances like that after a good start even if it's only a trial.

Promising signs: Bird, Croft, Carrigan, Flegler, Haas (of course), Farnworth, Deardon, Hopoate. Kicking game 100% from last year.

Concerns: Boyd (of course). Goal line defence.

28-22 from 16-0 up.

BUT HEY! DARIUS HAS THE EXPERIENCE WE NEED RIGHT?!?

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • cento
  • Mick_Hancock
  • bert_lifts
  • Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncoFan94
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.