Nines / Trial Games

Has Boyd done his ACL yet?

I Bleed Maroon said:
Normally wishing injury on a player is very much frowned upon, but I'm sorry, I can't pretend this news wouldn't put a smile on my face.

@Huge

Who was it that had their head in the sand about Boyd and the fans on here?

Nope. At the game.
[automerge]1581763532[/automerge]
Capras scored. 36 - 18.

Anyone standing out to you at the Broncos?

That's a pretty ordinary scoreline for the boys.

Reminder of the squad we took:

Broncos trial side: 1. Jack Bird, 2. Richie Kennar, 3. Darius Boyd, 4. Bessie Aufaga-To'omaga, 5. Jon Reuben, 6. Darren Nicholls, 7. Tyson Gamble, 8. Rhys Kennedy, 9. Andrew McCullough, 10. Joe Ofahengaue, 11. Jamil Hopoate, 12. Tevita Pangai Jnr, 13. Patrick Carrigan, 14. Kobe Hetherington, 15. Jordan Riki, 16. Pride Petterson-Robati, 17. Lachlan Timm, 18. Jack Martin, 19. Guy Hamilton, 20. Brendan Piakura.

How many of their points did the Capras score by running over the top of Boyd?

That NRLW final was a shambles, Broncos couldn't do a thing when the refs gave the Dragons the ball for the opening 5 mins of that match.

Dragons went into the final with a 1 win 2 loss record so they had to something to keep the NRLW competitive 😂
[automerge]1581764130[/automerge]
Also, early day of course but conceding 18 to the Capras is far from ideal.. hope they do a highlights vid

Last edited:
Try to Bessie Aufaga-To'omaga.
Nothing like giving your boy a girl's name to toughen him up.

Bessie

Anyone standing out to you at the Broncos?

That's a pretty ordinary scoreline for the boys.

No one really stood out for me but I liked what I saw of Gamble. Don't know much about him though.

Assuming Brisbane are 36?

How is Bird playing at Fullback?

Bird I thought did alright at fullback for someone coming back from injury. Fairly vocal and directing the others around. Lost one kick contest in the air which led to a Capras try. Other than that, ran the ball back hard and defended alright.

How many of their points did the Capras score by running over the top of Boyd?

Boyd was good in my opinion. Ran some nice lines, set up a try I'm fairly sure.
[automerge]1581766975[/automerge]
Try to Bessie Aufaga-To'omaga.

Gamble converts. 24 - 6.

Got this one wrong. It was Hetherington.

Last edited:
That NRLW final was a shambles, Broncos couldn't do a thing when the refs gave the Dragons the ball for the opening 5 mins of that match.

Dragons went into the final with a 1 win 2 loss record so they had to something to keep the NRLW competitive [emoji23]
[automerge]1581764130[/automerge]
Also, early day of course but conceding 18 to the Capras is far from ideal.. hope they do a highlights vid

I get the feeling Macca and Boyd will be first selected for round 1

I'd say neither the nines, not the Capra's tell us who will be playing round 1, but they might who might not.
Youve got to think Isaako has to play well in one of the trials to have a chance. Other than that no one really is going ink their name, though gamble might get another shot in the upcoming trials. He might be a darkhorse going forward by the sounds of it. Boyd played like he can and probably didn't hurt his chances, but those sorts of games are really just to see who might need further inspection.

According to Joel Gould, McCullough & Boyd were our 2 best players in the trial.

:(

According to Joel Gould, McCullough & Boyd were our 2 best players in the trial.

I know it’s not the point you’re making; but so they fucking should be, they’re by far and away the most experienced and ‘decorated’ players on the field.

If they can’t look good against the Capras I’m sure even they would know their time is up.

So they bloody should've been given what they're paid relative to the rest of the squad. Same with Bird, Joffa and TPJ.

Stopped watching the nrlw nines. 3 penalties in a row and "strip" that never left the hands of the broncos player. Pretty obvious the nrl want the broncos to lose a little so the comp feels more even. Giving the dragons salary cap dispensation isn't enough I suppose

There was no salary cap for the 9’s. All girls were free agents and anyone could sign anyone for the weekend.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncos4life
  • LGH
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Galah
  • Broncosarethebest
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mr Fourex
  • peter09
  • Aldo
  • Manofoneway
  • Skathen
  • Alec
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.