Nines / Trial Games

Nicholls looked good in the Nines for us a couple of seasons ago, but from all reports was diabolically bad for the Dragons in the couple of top grade he had (I didn't see those games)

Is he one of those players that have just peaked in ability which is reserve grade?

Broncos' team to play Wynnum Seagulls - Friday February 21 at 7pm (Kitchener Park):

edited...teamlist

Wynnum might just do alright in this trial. Especially as we are unleashing Lachlan Maranta at Fullback!

Just quietly though - I won't be disappointed if he actually goes alright.

Nicholls looked good in the Nines for us a couple of seasons ago, but from all reports was diabolically bad for the Dragons in the couple of top grade he had (I didn't see those games)

Is he one of those players that have just peaked in ability which is reserve grade?

He is one of those players, like Luke Capwell and probably one we have on the books now, Jamil Hopoate, who is too good to play ISC but not quite good enough for the NRL.

He is one of those players, like Luke Capwell and probably one we have on the books now, Jamil Hopoate, who is too good to play ISC but not quite good enough for the NRL.
Would it be a fair assessment to say that also not helping his cause as well is just his unfortunate career timing overall as that style of Lock Forward is really becoming a thing of the past with most clubs treating it more and more like a third Prop on the field?

Last edited:
Would it be a fair assessment to say that also not helping his cause as well is just his unfortunate career timing overall as that style of Lock Forward is really becoming a thing of the past with most clubs treating it more and more like a third Prop on the field?

Possibly. I watch Redcliffe most weeks and he is a weapon as an attacking player. Its just a few little things in his game i see that worry me. His defence is generally solid, but i do find a times he doesnt do the one percenters that would probably see him actually become an NRL player. He does also tend to have these moments where he seems to just switch off and ball watch. Dont get me wrong either, he isnt a bad defender, and he isnt lazy, he just seems to lose concentration at times. If he was younger i'd say he could work on those and it wouldnt be too much of an issue, but he will be 26 this year and i think if he hasnt grapsed it now, i'm not sure he ever will.

Does anyone know if the trial is streamed tonight?

It's being streamed on Kayo Sports, *Update* hang on no that is the Cowboys trial tomorrow my bad alongside 3 of the other trials.

Last edited:
Stream has started, match not yet.

Last edited:
Jordan Drew still running around?

Players onto the field about to start

Hamilton nearly made a critical mistake with a mistake under the high ball, dodged a bullet there. Horrible kick for a 40/20 attempt gives Wynnum Manly an attacking opportunity but they knock on.

Last edited:
The Gulls are over first with a good spread to the right, soft defence out wide.

Maranta has been benched lol
[automerge]1582277144[/automerge]
Very poor discipline from the Broncs, penalties and handling errors galore

Last edited:
Still cant work out how Hoeter has never got a decent chance in the NRL. He would have to be close to the best player in his position in ISC.

Seagulls are in again. Poor stuff so far from our boys.

I think Parker will be sporting his early days hairstyle if this side keeps playing like this.

it's a comedy of errors from the Broncos atm, received a penalty but the kick didn't make touch

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Spooky1013
  • Bronx48
  • Accept
  • Organix
  • winslow_wong
  • Gray
  • Midean
  • ezpz
  • Strop
  • broncs30
  • Jazza
  • ell.d33
  • RodF
  • Financeguy
  • Broncorob
  • Volvo Driver
  • Galah
  • BruiserMk1
  • MrMoore
... and 43 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.