OFFICIAL Niu Remains A Bronco For Two More Years

I'm happy with it. He has the potential to be a great player if he can cut the brain fades out

Did they say how much the contract was worth?

I know he's a young bloke but there is about 25% of his game that I like and the rest is very ordinary. He has a lot of work to do and is nowhere near NRL level yet. I hope we didn't pay anything over $200k a year for him and even that is overs.

Did well in defence last night, I thought. Stopping Teddy close to line in what looked like a sure try and organising the defensive split. Very vocal on our line and even physically shoved players around to get the numbers right at stages.

Needs more catching practice. Still feels like a stop gap option at this stage.

Pragmatic choice of contract length. Smart decision, enough time to figure out if it will work or not. These contract choices are light years ahead of previous ones. Very smart roster management.

He didn't have his best game last night but he's still a kid, he's not going to turn up every week and carry the team, even the other "star" kids in the league can't do that

Sam Walker last night, you take out the field goal and what did he do? fkn nothing

Reece Walsh same thing, he hasn't been as impactful lately for the Warriors

It takes time for these young players to develop into consistent first graders, we will get the odd flash in the pan but overall you just want a consistent error-free performance and for the most part he has given us that

More reliable than Isaako, so that’s at least one positive.

More reliable than Isaako, so that’s at least one positive.
I don't think he has the dumb brain snaps that Isaako can have but he has a lot of errors in him. He needs some serious work as a fullback.

I don't think he has the dumb brain snaps that Isaako can have but he has a lot of errors in him. He needs some serious work as a fullback.
The thing is that he’s still young and hopefully he can keep improving ,but it would be awesome to get some lessons from Slater.
If anything positioning is his biggest downside and Slater was the best at it.

A handy player and he has that very valuable "speed factor" that is so rare in modern day RL. I like him, I feel that he has something to offer in the coming years once he gains some much needed experience. I'm just not sure that FB suits him. He could be a dynamic little strike centre when he remedies his defensive flaws.

A handy player and he has that very valuable "speed factor" that is so rare in modern day RL. I like him, I feel that he has something to offer in the coming years once he gains some much needed experience. I'm just not sure that FB suits him. He could be a dynamic little strike centre when he remedies his defensive flaws.
I remember when J. Manu first came on the scene for the Rorters. He looked to have footy talent but his defensive lapses were shocking. After the Rorters sent him away to work on his defensive deficiencies he came back brimming with confidence and is now one of the most sought after FBs with talk of him fetching upwards to a $1mil despite him only playing a handful of games in that position.

I'm not saying Tesi will turnout the same, but what I am saying is there is still plenty of time for him to improve. The Broncos have a good un there if he continues to improve at the rate he is.

Unread

Active Now

• MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.