OFFICIAL Niu Remains A Bronco For Two More Years

Did well in defence last night, I thought. Stopping Teddy close to line in what looked like a sure try and organising the defensive split. Very vocal on our line and even physically shoved players around to get the numbers right at stages.

Needs more catching practice. Still feels like a stop gap option at this stage.

Yeah he put in some good efforts and some lazy shockers but he’s a kid and that is to be expected.

The stop you are talking about, wasn’t that basically Haas, which was inspirational again from the big guy.

As for our other fullback contender, Cobbo was really solid, nothing really to write home about in terms of wow factor but just really did his job, he is not looking out of place at this level at all, reminds me so much of Gagai.

Yeah he put in some good efforts and some lazy shockers but he’s a kid and that is to be expected.

The stop you are talking about, wasn’t that basically Haas, which was inspirational again from the big guy.

As for our other fullback contender, Gagai was really solid, nothing really to write home about in terms of wow factor but just really did his job, he is not looking out of place at this level at all, reminds me so much of Gagai.
Nah, it happened about 2 minutes in. Play the ball in the corner, Tedesco ran from dummy half and looked certain to steal a try but Niu got in front of him basically 1 on 1 and dislodged the ball/held him up over the line. Great effort.

Haas’ effort was much later in the game and that is a whole other level completely. Absolute Freak

Niu Remains A Bronco For Two More Years

broncos.com.au
Fri 13 Aug 2021, 03:27 PM

Electric fullback Tesi Niu will remain a Brisbane Bronco for another two years.

Niu, a Queenslander who turned 20 this week, has already made 18 NRL appearances including 12 this season, making an impressive 37 tackles break and crossing for five tries in 2021. His extension means he remains a Bronco until the end of 2023.

He grew up playing for Souths Juniors Magpies at Acacia Ridge as part of the Broncos Affiliate Souths Logan Magpies’ junior system and attended Marsden State High School – joining the Broncos Academy from his early teens before graduating into the club’s NRL program and debuting last season.

Niu’s work ethic and attention to detail were hallmarks of his time in the Broncos’ talent pathways, with the youngster spending hundreds of extra hours on the training paddock over and above the set programs.

He has carried that approach and attitude into his senior football and has made the fullback position his own with his slick footwork in the backend of the 2021 season after starting the year in the unfamiliar centre role.

In choosing to remain a Bronco, Niu joins Kotoni Staggs, Keenan Palasia, Jordan Riki, Kobe Hetherington, Jake Turpin, Tyson Gamble, David Mead, and exciting youngsters Brendan Piakura, Teui “TC” Robati, Selwyn Cobbo and Xavier Willison who have all extended with the club in recent months.

They will be joined in 2022 by new signings Adam Reynolds, Kurt Capewell and Brenko Lee.

Broncos Football & Performance Director Ben Ikin said: “Tesi has been part of our pathways since his early teens and it is great for the club that he chose to stay with us beyond this year.

“He clearly has great natural ability, and his work ethic and attitude are top shelf. Tesi has a bright future in the NRL and we are all looking forward to seeing his continued development as a player and a person.”

Hmmm.....electric fullback???
I'm thinking Billy Slater was electric, Ponga electric......I would think a much more accurate headline would have been Up and coming fullback

Is anyone else starting to get really pissed off at the media department basically just doing a copy and paste on the he joins fellow bronco players to stay in etc
Like come up with something original for **** sakes
Nope.
I want to know the kid has signed, I want to know the contract length is good, and I'd love to know contract value but we aint gonna get that.
As for anything else? Couldn't give a shit.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncorob
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Midean
  • HarryAllan7
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • kiwi2
  • Harry Sack
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.