No Brisbane 2.0

We’d kill for a half as good as Munster, don’t kid yourselves. Remember, there was a time where him and Milf were neck and neck. Career trajectories show the importance of a desire to win and coming through a good system.

We’d kill for a half as good as Munster, don’t kid yourselves. Remember, there was a time where him and Milf were neck and neck. Career trajectories show the importance of a desire to win and coming through a good system.
That's a sobering point.

I’m not saying he’s bad but the love fest for him is over the top.

I wonder how much of a plodder he would have turned into under pies for two seasons

I wonder how much of a plodder he would have turned into under pies for two seasons

Very different personality to one A.Milford. Munster is a competitor who wants to win, Milford is a plodder who can't be bothered even training hard enough. Munster would not be as good as he is under Bellamy, there is no doubt about that but he would be nowhere near as bad as Milford has become.

Very different personality to one A.Milford. Munster is a competitor who wants to win, Milford is a plodder who can't be bothered even training hard enough. Munster would not be as good as he is under Bellamy, there is no doubt about that but he would be nowhere near as bad as Milford has become.
There was a time when Munster was out of shape and not a great trainer etc and Bellamy was the one who changed that.
It’s obviously hypothetical and probably pointless to debate but the same may have happened to milf had he signed with the storm back in 17. 🤷🏼‍♂️

There was a time when Munster was out of shape and not a great trainer etc and Bellamy was the one who changed that.
It’s obviously hypothetical and probably pointless to debate but the same may have happened to milf had he signed with the storm back in 17. 🤷🏼‍♂️

It is possible you are right. It is also possible Milford’s lack of drive would have always held him back. He isn’t the competitor Munster is.

And to be honest, regardless of you going on about Milford being player of the year in 2018, he was already well on the slide even under Bennett.

Now there is no doubt Bennett was a FAR better coach than Seibold but it does show Milford’s downfall wasn’t just on that incompetent moron.

It is possible you are right. It is also possible Milford’s lack of drive would have always held him back. He isn’t the competitor Munster is.

And to be honest, regardless of you going on about Milford being player of the year in 2018, he was already well on the slide even under Bennett.

Now there is no doubt Bennett was a FAR better coach than Seibold but it does show Milford’s downfall wasn’t just on that incompetent moron.
I’m going to respectfully disagree re Milf sliding. He was just doing a different role to what he was previously.

I’m going to respectfully disagree re Milf sliding. He was just doing a different role to what he was previously.

Yeah and that's fine, I don't think we will ever agree on this point but Milford was being asked to do a role he was never suited for, the master coach got that one wrong and history now proves it. It took a garbage coach to accelerate the slide that had already begun. We've gone over this so many times though, I don't want to go into it again either.

How did I know your response would include something about milf lol.

my opinion on Munster has no relevance to milf, especially since I’ve acknowledged that I have to take the L on milf 🤷🏼‍♂️
Well Milford is usually going to turn up in a conversation around Munster given they're the same age, playt the same position and same role in thei sides, and both had the world at their feet for a long time. I'd actually say Milford probably had the greater pure talent, but it goes to show how will to work hard and win makes all the difference to the end result. Munster has already done, and continues to do, all the things Milford has never been capable of or achieved. 2018 Broncos POTY award aside obviously.

You say Munster isn't something to get too excited over, but I ask you, what Half would be a greater asset to you right now if you were setting up a new club than Munster? Cleary perhaps, maybe Keary? Reynolds I'd accept is probably more valuable to the Broncos for what they specifically need, but I doubt anyone could sincerely argue that Munster doesn't belong in that conversation.

Well Milford is usually going to turn up in a conversation around Munster given they're the same age, playt the same position and same role in thei sides, and both had the world at their feet for a long time. I'd actually say Milford probably had the greater pure talent, but it goes to show how will to work hard and win makes all the difference to the end result. Munster has already done, and continues to do, all the things Milford has never been capable of or achieved. 2018 Broncos POTY award aside obviously.

You say Munster isn't something to get too excited over, but I ask you, what Half would be a greater asset to you right now if you were setting up a new club than Munster? Cleary perhaps, maybe Keary? Reynolds I'd accept is probably more valuable to the Broncos for what they specifically need, but I doubt anyone could sincerely argue that Munster doesn't belong in that conversation.
I just don’t rate him as highly as most people. He’s had blinders before but even when he doesn’t people jizz in their pants and I just don’t get it.

You wouldn’t have brought up the Milford comparison if you were discussing it with a poster who wasn’t me.

Munster did have a year under Seibold in his role at the Storm. He looked after the ISC players and skill development

Munster did have a year under Seibold in his role at the Storm. He looked after the ISC players and skill development

second year must be where the damage is done. Look out Newcastle

I just don’t rate him as highly as most people. He’s had blinders before but even when he doesn’t people jizz in their pants and I just don’t get it.

You wouldn’t have brought up the Milford comparison if you were discussing it with a poster who wasn’t me.
People remember Munster favourably because he's a particularly 'big game' player who has done a lot of his best work in Origins and Finals matches when the largest number of eyes are watching him and the results mean the most.

MitchMoses has played plenty of blinders too, but when you don't deliver them on the bigger stages people tend to remember the player overall far less favourably.

Sure who wouldn't. How many '9 every week' Halves are there in the NRL exactly?
The discussion wasn't about halves, it was comparing Manu to Munster; who would you buy if they were the same money

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Lozza
  • lynx000
  • bert_lifts
  • Alec
  • Pablo
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BruiserMk1
  • Hurrijo
  • Spoon
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.