NEWS No clause for concern: Seibold not fussed over contract conjecture

The way I see it is Pie's pushing back against the media exactly the way Wayne does, the more he tells them to shove it the more they focus on it and that takes focus off the rest of the team. With the exception of channel 9 and Johns, calling for Milfords head, most of the media talk is based around Pies. So he is doing some of the required things of a coach, but sorry I want to see the backs of some of these so called senior leadership players first and then judge Pies on his squad, not Wayne's squad.

I don't see it like Wayne. Wayne doesn't give a shit what people think, but I get the impression that AS really does, so he feels the need to defend himself.

It's sounding more and more like they want to punt him but are waiting for their primary shareholder to make the call and kick in the cash required to make it happen.

If I was news Corp and it got to the stage where I had to kick in the cash as it were for siebold to be punted I would also punt the entire board as well as white because this mess is all on them.

If I was news Corp and it got to the stage where I had to kick in the cash as it were for siebold to be punted I would also punt the entire board as well as white because this mess is all on them.
Absolutely, I think that's the real reason Seibold hasn't been fired yet. How can the board fire him when they caused absolute mayhem to hire him, and went all in with a huge long term contract while firing an excellent coach.

If they sack him they have basically admitted they've monumentally fucked up and anyone on the board who supported the whole fiasco needs to resign with the sacking of the coach. You can't just sack the coach and call it a day.

I may think Seibold is a dud coach but he doesn't write his own contracts, the fallout of that is entirely on the CEO and the board.

Lockyer, White, Morris at a minimum need to go.

Absolutely, I think that's the real reason Seibold hasn't been fired yet. How can the board fire him when they caused absolute mayhem to hire him, and went all in with a huge long term contract while firing an excellent coach.

If they sack him they have basically admitted they've monumentally fucked up and anyone on the board who supported the whole fiasco needs to resign with the sacking of the coach. You can't just sack the coach and call it a day.

I may think Seibold is a dud coach but he doesn't write his own contracts, the fallout of that is entirely on the CEO and the board.

Imagev11fd6b45f4d57dd6cb903d6702bd9d3e1 rwvocuffgc0rrd848s2 t1880

Seibold and Bennett are pretty much the complete opposite.

Seibold is all new-age, he obviously does some research about how to try to improve the performance in some ways, but he's trying to think so far ahead he has just failed to implement the fundamentals too.

Meanwhile Bennett is more about the fundamentals but the game has probably gotten away from him in other areas as he has grown older.

If you could combine them, you could probably get a gun modern coach?

Clean the whole joint out. Leave nothing behind but the furniture and the premiership trophies

Last edited:
Seibold and Bennett are pretty much the complete opposite.

Seibold is all new-age, he obviously does some research about how to try to improve the performance in some ways, but he's trying to think so far ahead he has just failed to implement the fundamentals too.

Meanwhile Bennett is more about the fundamentals but the game has probably gotten away from him in other areas as he has grown older.

If you could combine them, you could probably get a gun modern coach?
If only there was a scenario where we could have had them both

Posted over on reddit:
Weekend Read can reveal there are no clauses in Seibold’s contract related to how the team performs on the field or where they finish on the ladder.

The Broncos can miss the finals this year and Seibold will be no worse off, at least as far as his contract is concerned. The only clauses that would allow the Broncos to sack Seibold without financial compensation are the standard triggers in any contract relating to bringing the club into disrepute or not performing the duties for which he was hired

Posted over on reddit:
Weekend Read can reveal there are no clauses in Seibold’s contract related to how the team performs on the field or where they finish on the ladder.

The Broncos can miss the finals this year and Seibold will be no worse off, at least as far as his contract is concerned. The only clauses that would allow the Broncos to sack Seibold without financial compensation are the standard triggers in any contract relating to bringing the club into disrepute or not performing the duties for which he was hired

White could have made himslef a bit clearer then when speaking off about it.

Posted over on reddit:

In other words no different from every other standard employment contract I’ve prepared and signed off against. It really boggles this clause is used as it allows the CEO/senior management to lose market share, increase in customer complaints, increased staff turnover but if the bottom is better than last year, then they are still allowed their 6 digit bonuses.

Our “bonus” is that we get to keep Seibs. 🤮🤮🤮

Posted over on reddit:

What if one of the players reported Pies for complimenting his glutes?

Yes he should have but I think he was being deliberately misleading by omission.
Since this mess blew up the guy is starting to come across as sneaky and slippery because he wants to cover it up as much as he can by appearing to be a straight shooter but in reality keeping most of us in the dark.
The sooner he pisses off the better.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Horseheadsup
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Lozza
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.