No K Hunt chatter?

animal eater

animal eater

QCup Player
Jul 27, 2013
I saw an article a few days back regarding Karmichael Hunt offering his services at 5/8. Perssonally, despite his past poor decisions, I would take take him in a heart beat. His leadership would be night and day to anyone else on the team. It shit me that he left because he would of been the ten year captain of the side.

I saw an article a few days back regarding Karmichael Hunt offering his services at 5/8. Perssonally, despite his past poor decisions, I would take take him in a heart beat. His leadership would be night and day to anyone else on the team. It shit me that he left because he would of been the ten year captain of the side.
It’s pretty much unanimous on BHQ we want him but Kevvie has said no deal

I think he might run the side better than Kevvie. I think he has a much sharper mind.

Kevvie is a 5 time premiership winner.

Hunt is a guy who flushed his career down the dunny.

It will likely take more than a month (of actual matches) for Kevvie to completely turn around the club that Seibold spent 2 years damaging

Kevvie is a 5 time premiership winner.

Hunt is a guy who flushed his career down the dunny.

It will likely take more than a month (of actual matches) for Kevvie to completely turn around the club that Seibold spent 2 years damaging
It's not that I think Kevvie is an idiot, I just don't think he is the sharpest either. My reasoning may be odd but I percieve him as a little insecure and a people pleaser which isn't always the greatest thing from a head coach. I make the people pleaser comment more in regards to listening to him in the booth broadcasting for Fox during the last few years. He always echoes the person in the box sitting next to him which isn't the sign of a dynamic thinker. Yes, he was a great player but that doesn't mean he is or will be a great coach. No different than Locky being a great player and an absolute turd of a board member. I hope Kevvie has success regardless.

Clearly. I mean nothing screams genius like underachieving your whole career despite your enormous talent and getting busted for drug use.
I think he has made poor choices as I have mentioned. That said, I think he would bring a lot to the table that is missing.

Hunt even said he’s open to go to another nrl club if the opportunity comes up but broncos right now have first dibs. I’m sure the broncos won’t act

Hunt says he's available to play 5/8th. Walters said "not at the moment." Walters is also known to lie to the media, particularly about the composition of the halves and his long term intentions. Saying "not at the moment" might very well mean "next week" for all we know.

Walters also played down Reece Walsh after the trials implying he was barely aware of him. I don't think we can take anything Kevvie says literally.

Who would want to play with a guy that threw half his team under the bus for using cocaine so he could save his own hide. Let him fade off into obscurity.

Who would want to play with a guy that threw half his team under the bus for using cocaine so he could save his own hide. Let him fade off into obscurity.
that's what he can teach the young guys, how to pass the buck.

The sheer desperation of having to think about playing a 34 year old.

**** that. He burned us back in 2009. No.

The sheer desperation of having to think about playing a 34 year old.

**** that. He burned us back in 2009. No.
I don't know that he actually burned us mate. He was a young dude that had won the comp, played for Qld and the Kangaroos. He kind of ticked all the boxes that most players never will. Then a team offers him a million bucks to see what he could of done in another code. Hell of a challenge. Was it a mistake? Of course it was but hindsight is a beautiful thing.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Adammacca
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • IceWorks
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • westy316
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.