NRL - 2019 Grand Final

Lol Bears were not meant to win that game. Two Miraculous bounces for two tries.

loll at that ending. just fucking welly it out fogarty.

Unbelievable, Grand Final day has dished up some bizarre games in the past, this encounter between Burleigh and Newtown would have to rank right up there with Sydney vs. Penrith 2016 and North Sydney vs. Parramatta as one of the more dramatic.

It appeared that Burleigh's goal line defence was going to pay off for them. They frustrated the Jets into submission, scoring one try and eventually scoring off another mistake. They didn't make life easy for the Jets, and their inexperience opponents kept forcing the play through rushed kicks and the like. At 16-2, it appeared the Bears were home and hosed.

With Buchanan and Page coming onto the field, it seemed like the Bears would win control of the ruck and Fogarty would do the rest. Instead both players came up with crucial errors and when Fogarty's kick was charged down, momentum had well and truly swung. It seemed a matter of when not if the Jets would score and right as it appeared the Bears had done enough, the horror of all bounces shows itself. The Bears were actually ready for it, they read it well but somehow it just managed to zag when everyone was expecting the zig.

Former Rabbitoh and Dolphin Toby Rudolf was outstanding. He dominated the middle and was tireless for the Jets all afternoon.

I thought the Bears played well considering they lost Politoni early and he's a huge part of their set-up. I thought the superior conditioning of the NSWRL once again showed and the Bears were exposed in that last 20 minutes in particular.

Unbelievable, Grand Final day has dished up some bizarre games in the past, this encounter between Burleigh and Newtown would have to rank right up there with Sydney vs. Penrith 2016 and North Sydney vs. Parramatta as one of the more dramatic.

It appeared that Burleigh's goal line defence was going to pay off for them. They frustrated the Jets into submission, scoring one try and eventually scoring off another mistake. They didn't make life easy for the Jets, and their inexperience opponents kept forcing the play through rushed kicks and the like. At 16-2, it appeared the Bears were home and hosed.

With Buchanan and Page coming onto the field, it seemed like the Bears would win control of the ruck and Fogarty would do the rest. Instead both players came up with crucial errors and when Fogarty's kick was charged down, momentum had well and truly swung. It seemed a matter of when not if the Jets would score and right as it appeared the Bears had done enough, the horror of all bounces shows itself. The Bears were actually ready for it, they read it well but somehow it just managed to zag when everyone was expecting the zig.

Former Rabbitoh and Dolphin Toby Rudolf was outstanding. He dominated the middle and was tireless for the Jets all afternoon.

I thought the Bears played well considering they lost Politoni early and he's a huge part of their set-up. I thought the superior conditioning of the NSWRL once again showed and the Bears were exposed in that last 20 minutes in particular.

Tobes was brilliant. I think he is ready for a crack in the NRL somewhere. Dont think he is going to get it at Cronulla.

Lets do this, ladies. Salvage SOMETHING for the Broncs out of 2019.
[automerge]1570338497[/automerge]
HOW THE **** is that held lol

Last edited:
How many more times will they replay that Tedesco try from origin before the end of the year ?

There's enough time for another game between the end of the ladies match and the men's GF. An afternoon GF would be so much better imo.

There's enough time for another game between the end of the ladies match and the men's GF. An afternoon GF would be so much better imo.

BuT tHE rAtiNGs FOr ChanNeL NiNE

Yeah I’m tired now

These retirements make me feel old every year.

Would’ve given the girls a better crowd too for people to need to be there earlier

Who the **** is this singing? What barrel of desperation did they scrape? Way to appeal to the NRL’s core or targeted audience - they’ve got a stack of 12 year old girls lined up behind him.

Bring back Tina I say.
Who the **** is this singing? What barrel of desperation did they scrape? Way to appeal to the NRL’s core or targeted audience - they’ve got a stack of 12 year old girls lined up behind him.

I'm pretty sure if the NRL bothered to survey the general Rugby League supporting world, the vast majority would report back that they would prefer no pre-game entertainment at all. Just get the players out there warming up until kick off.

Last edited:
Wonder if security have to have blue cards [emoji16]

I'm pretty sure if the NRL bothered to survey the general Rugby League supporting world, the vast majority would report back that they would prefer no pre-game entertainment at all. Just get the players out there warming up until kick off.

These decisions would be made my marketing wankers. “We need to appeal to the new generation. What are kids these days listening to?”

The answer of course is a different band/singer every week.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Kev_Guz
  • Swordfish
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Culhwch
  • johnny plath
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Harry Sack
  • Browny
  • Clintos
  • Midean
  • broncoscope
  • Fitzy
  • leon.bott
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.