NRL 2022 Finals Week 1 Discussion

I was under the impression that what Latrell did was an automatic sin bin after the farce in the Titans v Eels game.
I'm missing something. Can you explain what Latrell did .
Thanks in advance

I'm missing something. Can you explain what Latrell did .
Thanks in advance

He thought Roosters lost the ball on their line, so he's tried to strip the ball first but kept hanging on. He wouldn't let the Roosters player get up and play the ball so Klein blew a penalty. He wanted to stop play so he could challenge but Klein said no.

Terrific press conference from Trent Robinson & Luke Keary, especially under the circumstances .. not that you’d expect anything different from those two.. 👏

How good to see JWH sent off for a standard grub shot by him tho?!!

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that certain players & teams were allowed to get away with murder, for the specific purpose of being able to penalise / sin bin them out of a game where they were required to lose. It gets lost when there's 7 binnings but the JWH one was tolerated all year and only now was he marched for it. There were larger contributing factors of course, like losing Tedesco, but the JWH Bin gun was there and they pulled the trigger.

The Raiders will be reffed deliberately next week to fatigue fast, they will get run over by the Eels, and everyone will say the Raiders just ran out of puff and did well to perform like they did to make it through Melbourne to week 2.

Then the Eels will meet a Cowboys side that's had the ref behind them all season, all of a sudden they won't get the calls, and their milking/dives will stop being rewarded. Again, "great season considering where they were last season", another patsy falls, Eels to the GF.

Still working out how they manage the Rabbits Sharks game. Whoever wins doesn't matter though, Panthers will beat whoever gets through.

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that certain players & teams were allowed to get away with murder, for the specific purpose of being able to penalise / sin bin them out of a game where they were required to lose. It gets lost when there's 7 binnings but the JWH one was tolerated all year and only now was he marched for it. There were larger contributing factors of course, like losing Tedesco, but the JWH Bin gun was there and they pulled the trigger.

The Raiders will be reffed deliberately next week to fatigue fast, they will get run over by the Eels, and everyone will say the Raiders just ran out of puff and did well to perform like they did to make it through Melbourne to week 2.

Then the Eels will meet a Cowboys side that's had the ref behind them all season, all of a sudden they won't get the calls, and their milking/dives will stop being rewarded. Again, "great season considering where they were last season", another patsy falls, Eels to the GF.

Still working out how they manage the Rabbits Sharks game. Whoever wins doesn't matter though, Panthers will beat whoever gets through.
Following this theory

Todays game the head was targetted by both sides. There could have been more Binnings. So many melees too.

Slothfield saying that Val Holmes produced the dive of the year to fool the bunker into denying a try to Connor Tracey due to obstruction

Well, that last game there had me laughing. The NRL is consistently inconsistent.

They've been at full gear for months now, it was always going to take it's toll and we saw that when Tedesco, Tupou, Taukeiaho and Crichton went down.

3 of those 4 were head knocks ?

How does that relate to going at full gear for months ?

Very keen to see if the suspensions from the weekend are carried over to next year or they treat on field off field differently.

If any suspensions are deferred then I'd say the clubs had that clarified before the weekend and yesterdays game was a direct result of knowing they were free to blaze away.
Taking that one step further it makes a mockery of the NRLs reasoning of not wanting to punish the fans by suspending players for finals.
How is Tedesco getting bashed out of the game good for the fans.

Very keen to see if the suspensions from the weekend are carried over to next year or they treat on field off field differently.

If any suspensions are deferred then I'd say the clubs had that clarified before the weekend and yesterdays game was a direct result of knowing they were free to blaze away.
Taking that one step further it makes a mockery of the NRLs reasoning of not wanting to punish the fans by suspending players for finals.
How is Tedesco getting bashed out of the game good for the fans.
I don’t know but it sure as hell works for me. I’m sick of him ‘falling’ into tackles.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • lynx000
  • davidp
  • Dony Eliakim
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Wolfie
  • Culhwch
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wild Horse
  • Mister Wright
  • Foordy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Rookie Alan
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • LockyersLeftBoot
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.