NEWS NRL 2022 is go

yep ... and the Storm just git "lucky" by managing to "Draw" the Tigers in round 1 when Smith and Munster are suspended.
Also basically gives them a warm up to start the year.

That whole round 1 is basically trash

Panther vs Manly is basically the only highlight game other than ours against rabbits... and even then they dont really have any current history... they didnt even play each other in last year's finals series.

Rooster vs knights ... who cares. Why arent roosters playing a rival... or playing the storm. Who they've been having crackers against every year. Why arent knights at home on a Sunday to have a decent crowd on the telecast

Warriors vs dragons and tiger vs storm to close out Saturday.... seriously that whole Saturday schedule is garbage

Parra vs titans... they're not even rivals and cant recall any history between them...

Cows vs dogs... 15th vs 16th in round 1.... classic warm up game for two shit house teams.

Why not parra vs dogs in Rd 1.... why not dogs vs storm, because JAC.

Arent dogs meant to be the big improver??

Also basically gives them a warm up to start the year.

That whole round 1 is basically trash

Panther vs Manly is basically the only highlight game other than ours against rabbits... and even then they dont really have any current history... they didnt even play each other in last year's finals series.

Rooster vs knights ... who cares. Why arent roosters playing a rival... or playing the storm. Who they've been having crackers against every year. Why arent knights at home on a Sunday to have a decent crowd on the telecast

Warriors vs dragons and tiger vs storm to close out Saturday.... seriously that whole Saturday schedule is garbage

Parra vs titans... they're not even rivals and cant recall any history between them...

Cows vs dogs... 15th vs 16th in round 1.... classic warm up game for two shit house teams.

Why not parra vs dogs in Rd 1.... why not dogs vs storm, because JAC.

Arent dogs meant to be the big improver??
I guess you can't have all the big games in round one. Gotta save something for the rest of the year.

I guess you can't have all the big games in round one. Gotta save something for the rest of the year.
so why broncos vs rabbits round 1??

also if you're going to have blockbusters you put them on in a showpiece round... doesn't get much more showpiece then round 1 of the season

They usually open the season with roosters vs rabbits

so why broncos vs rabbits round 1??

also if you're going to have blockbusters you put them on in a showpiece round... doesn't get much more showpiece then round 1 of the season

They usually open the season with roosters vs rabbits
I guess there's a potentially a new 'rivalry' they're trying to build. Two of the most followed clubs in the league, is a pretty epic opening. Everyone wants to watch us, so makes sense we have the 1st blockbuster game.

I'm cut there will be no Broncos game in Canberra. Usually my one Broncos game I get to see live (although I guess I'll have the grand final to look forward to). Remeber watching this try live, so epic!

I guess there's a potentially a new 'rivalry' they're trying to build. Two of the most followed clubs in the league, is a pretty epic opening. Everyone wants to watch us, so makes sense we have the 1st blockbuster game.
They could chuck us up against tigers on a Sunday at Suncorp and people would still watch us

We know the draw can't be fair eCh year because the numbers don't work.
Why not make it do the top 4 from the previous year always play the most top 8 games and bottom 4 play the least.

And old article, but shows all the things that are considered in making an nrl draw.

Ryan James:

“I do believe I can be a starting prop. I have come here to play as much footy as I can, whether that be as an impact player or start the game and do what I have to do. I have to get to know the footy side of things first. I have to get to know all the plays and once you make connections like that, you can start to play good football."

“The next six weeks is about getting to know everyone. I was a bit rusty on Friday. The guys were calling plays and I didn’t know what was happening. There is a lot of competition for spots which is good for the team and good for ‘Kevvie’ if some guys can jump straight in and play."

“The body is sweet, I’ve only played 14 games in three years so it should be OK."

“I’ve watched Payne play and I’ve tackled him, I will be glad not to tackle him again. Hopefully I will take the runs after him, he can scatter about four blokes and I will take the next run. He is a freak, he is one of the fittest and strongest blokes and just one of those phenomenons you don’t see too often. He will be one of the best front-rowers in the game.”

“My only ever finals game was against the Broncos at Suncorp. I watched the Broncos play finals as a kid growing up and I watched them have success and nearly get there in 2015. You don’t go through your NRL career hoping you don’t play finals footy and that’s why I have come up here, to play finals. They have recruited really well, they have older heads coming in and the young talent they have coming through is impressive."

“I just want to play those big games.”

McHunt

I think ideally James comes onto the field from the bench to provide that older experienced head to prevent the slump we often exhibit when hass leaves the field.
I agree. Probably play out the remainder of the game if needed also. Underrated signing.
Ikin and Walters been talking about his main role being like an assistant coach rather than first choice prop, but I reckon he'll be named week one in Tom's absence.

I’m going the record to say that the broncos are going to **** some shit up, seriously going to take some teams by surprise next season.

I'd say we will be running something like this:

Backs leader: Staggs
Spine / Team leader: Reynolds
Starting Front-Row leader: Haas
Starting Back-Row leader: Capewell
Bench leader: James

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • LittleDavey
  • Aldo
  • bert_lifts
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncotville
  • Old Mate
  • the_next
  • BruiserMk1
  • Broncosgirl
  • johnny plath
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Financeguy
  • Jazza
  • The True King
  • Mr Fourex
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.