NOT CROSS FORUM NRL 2022 Round 14 Discussion

Cowboys are going to ruin my 13+.

Also the commentators were surprised the Cowboys challenged that, but Cowboys knew they were going to lose it. They had no intention of trying to win it, they just wanted a rest.

Cowboys are really tired.

They are missing Cotter and Nanai out there. They are missing the energy they bring.

Bahaha Lomax you idiot.

That was Cowboys 13+ gone right there until that pass...

Keep hoping Cowboys have a Dragons-style slump mid season but doesn’t seem to be happening

Another quality win for the Cowboys. Yes, they missed Cotter and Nanai but even so this is their style of play. They don't look to score off of every set nor do they look for big driving tackles, they'll just make life difficult for their opposition and challenge them to go 90m. Eventually the odds go their way and they'll get a result from a kick and chase and that's usually when Drinkwater and Tabuai-Fidow will come into the game.

It takes a really disciplined footy side and like the Panthers the Cowboys are playing beyond their years at the moment.

Still, the Dragons were their own worst enemy. Too many silly penalties in the first half, too many all or nothing passes and just no real gameplan as far as I could see. Too often, Ben Hunt would drop it off to Aaron Woods on good ball and the referee must have been feeling generous because a lot of those passes were forward. I thought Hunt as ever looked the most likely but he couldn't get himself into the game and by the same token nobody else brought him into the game either.

If Amone, Mbye, Lomax etc. did their job and created space it would have made life so much easier for Hunt.

With all that said, it was nice to see Reuben finally get an opportunity and all things considered he didn't look out of place on the field. Certainly there's been other wingers who received an opportunity and didn't play much better. It's going to be tough with Feagai and Ravalawa in the trenches, but he's not a bad back-up option at all.

It's hard to know where the Cowboys are at, they've barely had to leave the state

They thumped the Eels in Darwin (conditions would've favoured the Cows there), they beat Melbourne at home

They have a really soft draw, in that their key games are at home, for the most part. They've only got a few games which requires them to travel to Sydney. They could easily finish in the Top 4 and get beaten into submission when they're asked to take on the team that finished 1st or 2nd in week 1, interstate

I just looked it up, they have 6 games all season that aren't in QLD

It's hard to know where the Cowboys are at, they've barely had to leave the state

They thumped the Eels in Darwin (conditions would've favoured the Cows there), they beat Melbourne at home

They have a really soft draw, in that their key games are at home, for the most part. They've only got a few games which requires them to travel to Sydney. They could easily finish in the Top 4 and get beaten into submission when they're asked to take on the team that finished 1st or 2nd in week 1, interstate

I just looked it up, they have 6 games all season that aren't in QLD
We have 8 games that year that aren't in QLD.

Is their draw really as lucky as people make out? Every time I've watched the Cows this year (besides round 1) I've been very impressed.

I'd say they're absolutely genuine contenders this year, along with us. It's nice to have some new teams step up this year, whether the Cows or us will still be good come finals, that's anyone's guess.

We have 8 games that year that aren't in QLD.

Is their draw really as lucky as people make out? Every time I've watched the Cows this year (besides round 1) I've been very impressed.

I'd say they're absolutely genuine contenders this year, along with us. It's nice to have some new teams step up this year, whether the Cows or us will still be good come finals, that's anyone's guess.

our match against them in a couple of weeks will be an absolute cracker

Things go from bad to worse for the Titans.

AJ Brimson has been ruled out due to COVID protocols after flu-like symptoms that have kept him away from training over the past few days. Isaako will move to fullback and Marsters will come into the backline.

I don't think the Cowboys form comes down to their travel schedule. If you watch their games they actually have some less than desirable traits but they make up for it with their structure and effort plays. They're playing like the Storm where they understand their role and they work hard for one another. They may drop off a tackle but usually somebody will cover and then next play somebody will make a big play from marker and completely cruel the momentum of the opposition.

With that said, it is a strange competition this year. Heading in my Top 5 teams were Penrith, Melbourne, Sydney, Parramatta and Manly basically in that order. So far, only Penrith and Melbourne have really lived up to my expectations on a consistent basis. Both Sydney and Parramatta have been inconsistent for different reasons while Manly just never played as well as I expected them to. I really thought this was going to be the year where Manly usher in some players who came through the Hasler regime and balanced the squad better but it's all fallen apart and they'll do well to make the 8.

So there's a gap and teams like North Queensland and Brisbane have put their hand up and they're playing good footy.

However, we've seen this before as well. I remember in 2010 Penrith really surprised a lot of teams because they had the best kick and chase game in the competition. Luke Walsh would kick it sky high, Lachlan Coote would come from the heavens and it would be try time Penrith. That was enough to nab them second, but come the finals they were out in straight sets.

The challenge for the Cowboys is to keep developing their football. They're playing with the right spirit but in those pressure moments can they bring a Tabuai-Fidow into the game? Can Tom Dearden take his game to another level? Does Chad Townsend have the tools or is this his ceiling? To me that was the sticking point with Chad. Yes, Chad can get them around the park and give them the framework to play to Payten's gameplan but in the big games against the best teams can they step up?

Yes they beat Melbourne and Parramatta but they weren't at their best. I don't think they'll have that luxury in September, I think Papenhuyzen will be right and I doubt Brad will have to pick his son again and have one of his main strike weapons at centre.

So I understand the apprehension, but at the same time this has been a wonderful achievement and Payten has his nose out in front to be coach of the year.

Cowboys tend to play alot deeper than other sides i think last night there was one point where they were set 20 meters deep at the furthest point

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
2.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Dan - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 15, 2004
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
Not yet, tajhay is busy and they are hurting over there so probably no need to add any more animosity to it

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

DCE out. Minor quad strain.

Active Now

• Jeza23
  • Fozz
  • Brocko
  • Browny
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • NSW stables
  • Sproj
  • mystico
  • Fitzy
  • Mick_Hancock
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • theshed
  • Stix
  • Adammacca
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morepudding
  • Mightybroncs2k17
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.