International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Should be a no try ... he drove through Burgess' legs

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Cook finally goes himself off a Burgess tip-on run from Murray.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Have they changed the rules or something??

Used to be if you touched the legs of the guy playing it was automatic no try... Cook basically went between his legs

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Should be a no try ... he drove through Burgess' legs
Nah mate, having Burgess on the field is only of benefit to the opposition anyway. But in all seriousness I would have liked to have seen it again.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Dragons have put the cue in the rack at half time ... watch them lose this now.

the Rabbitohs should thank got they're not playing a top 4 team

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Souths appear to have reverted to U6's football

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
This second half was always going to be interesting, Souths starting to put up something resembling opposition while the Dragons look like they have fallen back to old habits when they had the opportunity to put Souths to the sword. Won't be a real threat to the competition if they can't put in 80 minute performances.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Hunt's intercept appears to have ended proceedings. That was easily South Sydney's best set of six and even though it would only be 32-18, Souths could easily score three tries in 15 minutes.

I think for their own confidence the Dragons need to add to their tally.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
Dragons have put the cue in the rack at half time ... watch them lose this now.

the Rabbitohs should thank got they're not playing a top 4 team
Imagine if this version of Souths played the Panthers or a full strength Storm. Demetriou would be lining up at Centrelink tomorrow morning.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
High and then goes for a head slam... close to 10 in the bin

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Someone kidnapped the Dragons first half side.

Silvertails.net

Silvertails.net

Silvertails.net User
Contributor
May 19, 2021
2.jpg
Dan - silvertails.net

4275.jpg
BeastMode - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 21,054

Well this game as well and truely screwed my multi….

Me too mate me too

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
In the end, a great win for the Dragons. It was easily their best 40 minutes of the season with Ben Hunt leading the way with his kicking game and general play. I thought the big moment was young Amone's try when he got past Murray. It seemed to lift his side and a lot of his team mates wanted a piece of the action.

I thought it was all laid bare for South Sydney tonight. Without the luxury of running at an edge made up of Turner and Marsters they looked very clunky and it wasn't until Murray returned that they played with any cohesion. They'll get Latrell back but they're playing like they've got a hangover.

That's the issue a lot of new coaches face. They don't inherit their own team and usually stick with the formations they inherited. However they rarely get the 1:1 roster so the plays are nowhere near effective. It'll be very interesting to see how they handle Ilias. He had a shocker right from the opening play and was subsequently hooked. Nikorima failed to impress as his stand-in, so do they return to the well or do they bring in Taaffee? Fortunately the rep weekend comes at just the right time for them.

Will be very interesting to see how both teams respond. Souths take on Parra who they tend to match up well against, winning their past four pretty comprehensively. Meanwhile Dragons vs. Raiders in another big finals qualifier game. This was easily the most impressive showing from the Dragons, can they sustain that form or was it just a really bad night at the office from Souths?

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.