CROSS FORUM NRL 2022 Round 7 Discussion

In a comp where all teams spend the 'same' amount on rosters, 70-10 should just never happen imo.

The NRL will claim its an anomaly, and yes the Warriors did give up, but there is still far too many 50+ scores to say this is a close and fair comp.

Did Warriors fall for any dummies?

Brownie said if they get through the match without falling for dummies, it would be a great effort....

Seems like they forgot there's other aspects of defending and didn't train for it.

In a comp where all teams spend the 'same' amount on rosters, 70-10 should just never happen imo.

The NRL will claim its an anomaly, and yes the Warriors did give up, but there is still far too many 50+ scores to say this is a close and fair comp.
It will never be fair (and it shouldnt). Some clubs are just run better then others, and some players are just better then their opposition. Every club has their windows (as we did). Melbourne's will end when Bellamy retires.

Nathan Brown’s presser..
F61ACC0B 2FD9 446F 847E 154FF393743B

It will never be fair (and it shouldnt). Some clubs are just run better then others, and some players are just better then their opposition. Every club has their windows (as we did). Melbourne's will end when Bellamy retires.
Not going to disagree that some teams are run better, as they absolutely are.

But I don't agree that it shouldn't be fair.

When the NRL says all teams can only spend this amount on roster/coaching, I think all teams should have a 'closer' chance of winning games/comps than they currently do.

If it shouldn't be fair, why not just let the rich clubs spend whatever they want? Why force everyone in to this salary cap to give the illusion that it is a fair comp?

Not going to disagree that some teams are run better, as they absolutely are.

But I don't agree that it shouldn't be fair.

When the NRL says all teams can only spend this amount on roster/coaching, I think all teams should have a 'closer' chance of winning games/comps than they currently do.

If it shouldn't be fair, why not just let the rich clubs spend whatever they want? Why force everyone in to this salary cap to give the illusion that it is a fair comp?
The illusion of fairness lol. Should have a draft :)

But also I guess the NRL isn't big enough in Aus to survive with only a few rich clubs (once all the others die out). At least this way, no matter how crap your team is you have a good chance of seeing your club succeed in your lifetime.

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
4619.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Worried2Death - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 5, 2016
REACTIONS: 9,406
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
8559.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Brocko - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 23, 2014
Going to be a quiet week from our Warriors pals on here. 😁

Can't hear you through the tears

Paps re-signs for half or less of what other teams offer. Grant and Hughes re-sign on undisclosed amounts with no fanfare.

Manu re-signs for a little of half of what he was offered elsewhere. Walker was highly sought after but re-signs for about half of what he was likely offered.

Penrith lose no one important.

Of course, when you are a team that sucks, vultures just pick at your corpse because they know they aren't getting good players from the top teams, they all are amazingly unavailable but good players from teams that suck, easy pickings.

How can a salary cap work when you have players like Coates going to top teams for less than everyone else is offering because he wants success? The salary cap cannot be fair under these circumstances and let's not even get started on NRL-sponsored salary cap rorting with the Storm and their legal gambling fringe benefits?

Salary cap working y'all.

This comp somehow just keeps getting worse. There was nothing else on tonight after the AFL, I didn't even entertain watching this game. Anyone else a disillusioned fan? How are inconsistent and rage inducing refereeing and regular floggings good for the game?

And does the comp give fans of struggling teams hope? Nope, 'they just need to get better' and 'there is no subconscious bias but here are two examples of it happening.'

4619.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Worried2Death - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 5, 2016
REACTIONS: 9,406

Can't hear you through the tears

This is not good for league in general man.

Friday - 17 June - this is our turn to be belted, book something else in that day Broncs' fans.

If it's at Lang Park ... I'll be there

If it's in Melbourne ... I'll be sitting on my couch, single malt in hand TV tuned in to the game

66.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]gREVUS - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 7, 2012
REACTIONS: 14,926
As does Brown. From outside the club moreso than the players. We lose 2 games in a row, and some supporters start chanting "let's sack the coach" line.

Our club is building. We need to be patient. There are positive signs.
boy this comment aged well, like fine vinegar.

66.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]gREVUS - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 7, 2012
8670.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]BroncosFever - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 6, 2014

They will probably do us by 30 or so

To concede 70, I don’t know how Nathan Brown can go on

he survived 2 wooden spoons and some dickhead thought he would be good for the warriors. this is nothing. he'll blame individuals, forget he put them there and move on. its the team that i'm worried about

Paps re-signs for half or less of what other teams offer. Grant and Hughes re-sign on undisclosed amounts with no fanfare.

Manu re-signs for a little of half of what he was offered elsewhere. Walker was highly sought after but re-signs for about half of what he was likely offered.

Penrith lose no one important.

Of course, when you are a team that sucks, vultures just pick at your corpse because they know they aren't getting good players from the top teams, they all are amazingly unavailable but good players from teams that suck, easy pickings.

How can a salary cap work when you have players like Coates going to top teams for less than everyone else is offering because he wants success? The salary cap cannot be fair under these circumstances and let's not even get started on NRL-sponsored salary cap rorting with the Storm and their legal gambling fringe benefits?

Salary cap working y'all.

This comp somehow just keeps getting worse. There was nothing else on tonight after the AFL, I didn't even entertain watching this game. Anyone else a disillusioned fan? How are inconsistent and rage inducing refereeing and regular floggings good for the game?

And does the comp give fans of struggling teams hope? Nope, 'they just need to get better' and 'there is no subconscious bias but here are two examples of it happening.'
This would make sense, but Paps and Manu signed on for reportedly 800k+, and Grant was 1m+.

Thoughts like this make me want salaries to be made public like in American sports, so at least there is some truth behind opinions instead of complete guesswork.

66.jpg
11709.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]BooKhaki - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 16, 2020

This would make sense, but Paps and Manu signed on for reportedly 800k+, and Grant was 1m+.

Thoughts like this make me want salaries to be made public like in American sports, so at least there is some truth behind opinions instead of complete guesswork.

its like the forward pass rule though, the NRL could fix it, but they wat the drama and the headlines instead

Paps was reportedly re-signed for $650k... absolute bargain for a top 3 fullback that would normally go for over $1m.

I cant recall what Manu re-signed for, but Warriors were offering at least $1m and fullback (Walsh to 6). He chose to stay at rorters to play center with little fanfare around it

Paps was reportedly re-signed for $650k... absolute bargain for a top 3 fullback that would normally go for over $1m.

I cant recall what Manu re-signed for, but Warriors were offering at least $1m and fullback (Walsh to 6). He chose to stay at rorters to play center with little fanfare around it
Quick google search and it's saying "3 years over 2million" So you'd have to guess he's on minimum 700k. This is slight unders for him, he'd probably get 850-1m on the open market, but you can understand someone taking unders to stay at a premiership winning club.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.