NOT CROSS FORUM NRL 2022 Round 8 Discussion

I'd call that a try. Though he may of been in the process of losing it, there was never any separation so that's a try for mine. No separation, ball touches ground while in contact with the hand, that's a try.
I would absolutely filthy if they took that off us as well.

At the Ponga extension announcement, no one really looked like they wanted to be there and definitely no one looked happy. This is going to end in tears and most likely, Ponga at the Roosters.

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
75.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Defence - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 9, 2012
REACTIONS: 20,028
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
In the round 8 general discussion thread I put this to the Broncos fans-

As a warriors fan I’m interested to know the broncos fans opinion on the sharks?
U guys seemed to have the formula- we got them next week.

One of the replies I got was from big pete who seems pretty onto it.

The other night it appeared that the Sharks really wanted to try and play the Broncos around the edges which traditionally has been a strong suit of the Broncos. Usually it was because the Broncos could sweep, but instead they employed an up and in to shut down Talakai which put Cronulla on the back-foot. It actually took the Broncos nearly the entire half to capitilise on it, but they were able to enjoy some success by targeting Talakai and later on Nicho Hynes.

Cronulla were underdone themselves. It appears Will Kennedy is playing injured and isn't running freely at all. As well as Haas did to cover him, Kennedy should have made far more ground than he did during that period. The decision to inject Graham into the contest also backfired on them as well. Graham is a really handy player when he can play direct and feed good ball to Mulitalo. The other night, he was getting the ball running sideways from Hynes and by the time he'd shape to pass Cobbo had the space covered.

If Wilton was on his game, it would have exposed the Broncos right edge which is vulnerable. Teams are finding a lot of success targeting Riki and either breaking through or creating numbers down the blind but Cronulla tended to go one pass too many.

They remind me a lot of the Broncos in that for all their strengths, they also have plenty of weaknesses so if you can target their back three with incisive kicks or get Egan and Tevaga asking questions around the ruck before getting Aitken etc. charging at their halves. It's just about making them uncomfortable if you can do that they'll wilt.

75.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Defence - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 9, 2012
REACTIONS: 20,028
In the round 8 general discussion thread I put this to the Broncos fans-

As a warriors fan I’m interested to know the broncos fans opinion on the sharks?
U guys seemed to have the formula- we got them next week.

One of the replies I got was from big pete who seems pretty onto it.

The other night it appeared that the Sharks really wanted to try and play the Broncos around the edges which traditionally has been a strong suit of the Broncos. Usually it was because the Broncos could sweep, but instead they employed an up and in to shut down Talakai which put Cronulla on the back-foot. It actually took the Broncos nearly the entire half to capitilise on it, but they were able to enjoy some success by targeting Talakai and later on Nicho Hynes.

Cronulla were underdone themselves. It appears Will Kennedy is playing injured and isn't running freely at all. As well as Haas did to cover him, Kennedy should have made far more ground than he did during that period. The decision to inject Graham into the contest also backfired on them as well. Graham is a really handy player when he can play direct and feed good ball to Mulitalo. The other night, he was getting the ball running sideways from Hynes and by the time he'd shape to pass Cobbo had the space covered.

If Wilton was on his game, it would have exposed the Broncos right edge which is vulnerable. Teams are finding a lot of success targeting Riki and either breaking through or creating numbers down the blind but Cronulla tended to go one pass too many.

They remind me a lot of the Broncos in that for all their strengths, they also have plenty of weaknesses so if you can target their back three with incisive kicks or get Egan and Tevaga asking questions around the ruck before getting Aitken etc. charging at their halves. It's just about making them uncomfortable if you can do that they'll wilt.

Generally, once Big Pete has had his say, there's not much the rest of us can add. +1 to his comments, the caveat being you need a fair share of possession otherwise they will tire you quickly and any plans you have are out the window.

Warriors will need to fix their completion rates first. They haven't been good the past few weeks.

If they don't do that, it won't matter what they do, Sharks will annihilate them.

747.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Mark from Brisbane - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .October 2, 2008
God help me Ive picked the Bronco’s to bear the Wabbits this weekend , any I dreaming ??

Fan for over 50 years and founder of the Manly Warringah Travelling Supporters, you can also follow me on Twitter @MarkTramby Enjoying the retired life and all that brings.

31963.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Brookie Bob - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 15, 2021
God help me Ive picked the Bronco’s to beat the Wabbits this weekend , am I dreaming ??
You may be - especially if Broncos players go missing because of altercations with someone named 'Sheridan':

So he blew something out and had a towel?

848.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]ramps - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 1, 2013
REACTIONS: 2,770
I dont get the whole hate on lodge taking the dive! weve been robbed of soo many close losses through effd up reffing biases since forever. About damn time we stood up and stole a win for once.

Weve been wanting aussie players been brought through the aussie system and there you go. Win at all costs attitude. Imagine the shit the ref also would have got if he let that tackle carry on as normal and we lose.

I thought we were mud but that win surprised me. Had a chance to think about it over the last couple days. When was the last time we actually “cheated” to win? 😂 Weve been far too humble.

Sorry if its already been said. Couldnt read through the whole 30 pages lol

Nathan Browns' Consultant

31963.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Brookie Bob - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 15, 2021
8972.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]GKDonkey - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 28, 2016

So he blew something out and had a towel?

Not the first time for Capewell apparently

4734.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Aman - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 9, 2016
REACTIONS: 10,481
NRL just told the refs that if you rule in favour of the warriors regardless whether the call is right or wrong you will be punished.

Steve Chetty who gave the matt lodge penalty has just been stood down.

Unfuckingbelievable.

4461.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Mr Dragon - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 25, 2015
REACTIONS: 2,816
NRL just told the refs that if you rule in favour of the warriors regardless whether the call is right or wrong you will be punished.

Unfuckingbelievable.
How many times have we have been robbed by a ref and nothing was done!

4734.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Aman - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 9, 2016
REACTIONS: 10,482

The media coverage on this one call has been unprecedented!

I cant believe they suspended him. It was fucking high! It wasn't even a bad call and at worst it was 50/50. How can you suspend him?? Basically telling the refs you can **** up as much as you want as long as its against the warriors and not for

75.jpg
REACTIONS: 20,047

Unfuckingbelievable.
Tbf maybe it was because he didn’t send wighton for the spear tackle, rapana for the shoulder charge or tapine for the eye gauge?

4461.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Mr Dragon - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 25, 2015
REACTIONS: 2,816

trust me we know the feeling

75.jpg

Tbf maybe it was because he didn’t send wighton for the spear tackle, rapana for the shoulder charge or tapine for the eye gauge?

reported that it was the Lodge incident that got Chiddy axed. the report was that it became obvious Lodge took a dive and Horsburgh shouldn't have had action taken against him

75.jpg
1769.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Foordy - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 3, 2008

trust me we know the feeling

reported that it was the Lodge incident that got Chiddy axed

JOIN THE #KEVOLUTION
I was just joking- I know it was because we won.
He won’t do it again….

Active Now

• Foordy
  • theshed
  • Stix
  • Adammacca
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Browny
  • BroncosAlways
  • Morepudding
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  • something
  • Fozz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bongo
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • Johnny92
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.