CROSS FORUM NRL 2022 Round 8 Discussion

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
[/st_td_row][st_td]Canonball - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 20, 2022
REACTIONS: 130
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
The media coverage on this one call has been unprecedented!

I cant believe they suspended him. It was fucking high! It wasn't even a bad call and at worst it was 50/50. How can you suspend him?? Basically telling the refs you can **** up as much as you want as long as its against the warriors and not for
That’s crazy - it was high, a fair call - also I can’t be the first to say it but even if that wasn’t blown it did look like we were about to cross the line in that set, the raiders were out and we were making metres easily … I was a bit f***ed off we didn’t score and get it in regular time

I can understand your frustrations with the Lodge situation. It wasn't a good look but every club does it - Staggs 'milked' two penalties and nobody said anything. I don't think it's an anti-Warriors bias, but moreso a pro-Ricky Stuart bias.

If there was any agenda against the Warriors, it's Lodge himself who the media still hold a grudge against despite turning himself around. There was definitely a push to frame him as a key reason for the Broncos cultural woes despite all the stories around the time being about him pushing the younger players to improve themselves etc.

I think that certainly plays a factor because if it was Daejarn Asi I doubt it would gain as much traction.

I've always felt the Warriors coverage in Australia has been shocking. They don't give you the time of day, instead it's all about the faux drama between Paul Kent and one of his co-panelists.

It's one thing when it's the local news, it's another when you have an entire network dedicated to Rugby League and you hardly ever hear of some teams.

Something is rotten at the NowPonga Knights

9611.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]WarriorDave - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 13, 2021
REACTIONS: 1,444
Cameron "I'll stand up in a moment if the whistle doesn't go" Munster wants a word.

If the Broncos pulled some shit like that, this place would deadset explode. That is at least 4 individual players who wanted absolutely nothing to do with the ball AT THE START OF A FRESH HALF.
Looks like a severe case of Niuitis doing the rounds in Newcastle

9611.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]WarriorDave - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 13, 2021
REACTIONS: 1,444
1808.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]GCBRONCO - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 4, 2008

Looks like a severe case of Niuitis doing the rounds in Newcastle

Ah so Niuitis is when they don't want to catch the ball, and Manuitis is when they try to catch it and drop it cold.

801.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]SeaEagleRock8 - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2009
Danger game for Souths, even though Broncos are missing Haas and Capewell.
Souths strengths are obviously Walker Cook and their high quality back row, but the side is really not playing well and were lucky Manly had a man short.
Broncos look to be on the up. Can they possibly cover for the 2 missing forwards? And can the 5/8 Gamble play? I'm a bit dubious having seen him play a couple of times.

Link - http://silvertails.net/tipping-competition/

801.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]SeaEagleRock8 - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2009

Souths strengths are obviously Walker Cook and their high quality back row, but the side is really not playing well and were lucky Manly had a man short.
Broncos look to be on the up. Can they possibly cover for the 2 missing forwards? And can the 5/8 Gamble play? I'm a bit dubious having seen him play a couple of times.

Nice summary of how we Broncos' fans feel about it too really. I like Gamble because even though he is average ability wise, he has the ability to get under the opponent's skin and make the players around him walk a bit taller, which is great because Walker is a hot head and easily provoked.

801.jpg

We beat Cronulla with Haas missing for a lot of the game, and when he was on he was carrying a busted shoulder. Capewell is a different story, we will miss his defensive work on his edge, but Robati is going to be a great player one day so this is his chance to prove it.

801.jpg

Reasons why we can win:
- Reynolds has been on fire and will be extra motivated coming up against rabbits
- TMM has provided stability at the back and his communication has improved our defence
- Staggs and Cobbo have been coming into form
- Paix and Billy combo at dummy half are currently representing an improvement on Turps
- Souths have largely been poor this year and still have no Latrell

Reasons why we can't:
- Haas is a massive loss. Not only for his meters through the middle, but he's also been adding ball playing to our attack which will now be lost.
- Haas' minutes can only be replicated by Carrigan, but he's only just coming back from injury so it represents a risk
- Capewell is the glue for that left side defence. Now it will be TC coming up against KK on that edge, who has been in form, and no real option on the bench as a second row replacement (only Palasia)
- We don't travel well to Sydney and we don't often play in dewy night games (Suncorp is typically a dry fast track)
- All the other reasons why we aren't consistent (lack of resolve in defence, poor line speed, ill discipline (according to the refs), possible lack of confidence (although it may be improving))

I think the negatives outweigh the positives unfortunately. If Haas and Capewell were playing I'd have reasonable confidence, as the remaining negatives are largely mental (and officiating), but without them we lose a key cog in our defence and a vitally important player in Haas.

75.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Defence - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 9, 2012
REACTIONS: 20,070
I put $10 on yas- $4.20 seems juicy to me 😋

4619.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Worried2Death - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 5, 2016
REACTIONS: 9,540
I put $10 on yas- $4.20 seems juicy to me 😋
Sure is bro, Broncs are on the way up and playing positive footy like they've got nothing to lose, good to see finally. Burgess and co will probably get points up the middle but they look panicky on the back foot and vulnerable out wide, you'd have to be stoned not to jump on $4.20.

9427.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Toookey - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 3, 2021
REACTIONS: 3,956
index.php

Not sure where to put this but I love it. Maybe next years pre season Brownie?

[/st_td_row][st_td]kos - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 16, 2013
REACTIONS: 3,818
Isn’t that what Steve Kearney did?
Part of the ‘process’

4734.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Aman - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 9, 2016
REACTIONS: 10,502
Isn’t that what Steve Kearney did?
Part of the ‘process’

Probably where Payton learnt it tbh. Lets remember Kearney has done one of the best apprenticeships in the NRL and Peyton got all the gems for free

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • Santa
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • FACTHUNT
  • Volvo Driver
  • Manofoneway
  • Redux
  • Scorchie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • Harry Sack
  • Brotherdu
  • Xzei
  • Galah
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • ezpz
  • Midean
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.