NRL 2023 Finals Week 1 Discussion

Pretty disgraceful that he was allowed to stay on the field. The precedent has already been set (twice) this year, but he's an origin blues player and it's a finals game so.........reasons.

I'm still not convinced he actually bit. Gamble's arm was right in his mouth and pushing further in as part of the tackle.

The defenders arm across the mouth is purposefully done to restrict breathing/smothering IMO. Happens all too often.

Bad sportsmanship and needs to be gotten out of the game, which it already should be as no contact is allowed with the head.

Not a fan of Wighton at all, but I’m on his side with this one.

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Wighton bit him....end of story.

6 weeks suspension .....minimum.

The defenders arm across the mouth is purposefully done to restrict breathing/smothering IMO. Happens all too often.

Bad sportsmanship and needs to be gotten out of the game, which it already should be as no contact is allowed with the head.

Agree, what else is a player supposed to do when you got a bloke shoving his arm right into your mouth, what's the only way you can get out of that, or at least the most obvious way.

Agree, what else is a player supposed to do when you got a bloke shoving his arm right into your mouth, what's the only way you can get out of that, or at least the most obvious way.
Seems obvious eh.

All I can think about is how dirty and sweaty Gamble's arm had to have been. My mouth would have been clamped shut.

Defs bit him though.

If the Broncs chick got suspended for hers, Wighton is going down.

Werner was sent off despite none of the video showing her actually clamping down with the teeth.

The vision of Wighton shows him clamping down with the teeth, no send off.

Makes sense.

I wonder if they'll ask Jack about his altercation with Latrell back...whenever the **** it was.

I was about to bring this up again, this is the merkin who got arrested with Latrell after a birthday bender earlier in the year - and charged with multiple offences - and still has faced absolutely zero consequences for that incident. I wonder when their court case is, since that's when the NRL said they would dish out the penalty.

Friendly reminder that Haas had to sit out 2 weeks for a brief, slight altercation with Kelly in an incident that bothered absolutely no-one.

#consistency

agreed, watching that on replay on 360, i'd prob have done the same.

................ what's the only way you can get out of that, or at least the most obvious way.
Uhmm...."the most obvious way" ?

So you agree, he had other options ......yeah?

he could of just turned his head for example
or wrestled out of it..... etc etc etc

Only a grub would see biting as the only choice......

Uhmm...."the most obvious way" ?

So you agree, he had other options ......yeah?

he could of just turned his head for example
or wrestled out of it..... etc etc etc

Only a grub would see biting as the only choice......

You're biting someone in that situation too, unless you got no teeth.

Wighton saying to the ref 'what else was I supposed to do' to some degree is an admission of guilt.

And to now come out and say that he is considering coming out of rep retirement (so he can be suspended then instead of next season with Souths) ..

Rabid, weak gutted dog. 🤷‍♀️

Kind of pissed at commentators all backing Wighton too. Way to call Gamble a liar, without actually coming out and saying it.

Werner was sent off despite none of the video showing her actually clamping down with the teeth.

The vision of Wighton shows him clamping down with the teeth, no send off.

Makes sense.
That's because only a WOMAN would bite. MEN are too manly and wouldn't bite at all. They would be like "Press harder, Daddy!" (NoHomo) and totally feed off the challenge.

Or something like that, probably. I dunno. @Huge?

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • Maroon4life
  • Inknition
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Cavalo
  • sooticus
  • something
  • Mr Fourex
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • DrGee
  • bb_gun
  • Bish
  • Pablo
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.