NRL 2023 Round 1 Discussion

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
FYI, I can't take anything away from the Storm's win, they toughed it out and found a way to win.

But **** me, they still know how to target the head/neck area. They can't just do the "unscrew Sam Thaiday's head" move any more, and pressure from the back of the head is now gone, but they still use their wrestling moves to put dangerous amounts of pressure either sideways, backwards, or even forwards in a way that it's not a traditional crusher. Eels players were doing their best not to react because that's what the Storm want, but it was pretty fucking blatant. Harry Grant the worst for sure.

Strop

Strop

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 28, 2015
FYI, I can't take anything away from the Storm's win, they toughed it out and found a way to win.

But **** me, they still know how to target the head/neck area. They can't just do the "unscrew Sam Thaiday's head" move any more, and pressure from the back of the head is now gone, but they still use their wrestling moves to put dangerous amounts of pressure either sideways, backwards, or even forwards in a way that it's not a traditional crusher. Eels players were doing their best not to react because that's what the Storm want, but it was pretty fucking blatant. Harry Grant the worst for sure.
I was surprised at some of the shit that Grant was pulling.

kman

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021
Forward passes last night were ridiculous, especially from Hodgson from dummyhalf. Where a player has passed the ball and the ball has left his hands, the receiver of the pass should be behind from the passing players hands. None of this it floated forward bullshit. A player should be behind the passing player, you get taught as soon as you begin to play you have to be behind the player passing you the ball.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Hastings kicking eh? Didn't expect that tbh

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
nice try warriors
we cross forum with the warriors still or i dream that?

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Dom Young has been so poor and looks lazy tonight.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Can't see either of these teams being there at the business end of the season.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
The ruck infringements have been many and varied in this match. Quite inconsistently called, might I add?

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
Storm and Parra look beatable. Warriors and Knights should be 4 competition points.

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • winslow_wong
  • eggstar10
  • ChewThePhatt
  • porouian
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • sooticus
  • Big Del
  • Jazza
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.