NRL 2023 Round 1 Discussion

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
soo a win is a win for the cows but for all the talk of them being a premiership threat they just scrapped through with a win against a team that could probably not play any worse.

no idea what to make of either teams hopes this year

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Cowboys lost their way in the shadows of half-time but showed their class to go set to set when the game was nearly out of their grasp. Taulagi and Holmes especially just did so well during that period when Canberra had their noses infront.

In the end Wighton decided to go all or nothing on a rookie centre filling in on the wing in his first game back from a long lay off. That was always going to be risky and it didn't go the Raiders way. Cowboys once again showed their class and Townsend never looked like missing. Did I miss the Raiders wasting a challenge? I'm honestly shocked they didn't challenge the wall from Taumalolo.

A lot of controversy again especially from the independant doctor. I thought both teams were lucky to keep 13 on the field for the entire game, both Rapana and Feldt looked like they got away with some suss tackles.

Ultimately, I thought it made for a quality game of footy, the season has started really well.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Well here we go @Sproj I do not rate tricky Trindall at all, but you seem to include him in every possible future halves list created.

If he's anything he might be able to show something against a top 4 contender in Souths... heading up a top 4 contender team in Sharks.

How will he go? 🤔🤔

I'm going to be giving him a real close eye to see if he has anything that I'm seemingly missing.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
That's the risk of having a right arm carry on the left wing... Ronaldo absolutely bombing a certain try

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Big start from Reynolds' replacement.

It's odd that nobody mentioned anything about Murray going for a Rugby style ruck. I've never seen a player pick their team mate off the ground and drive them over before.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Ooooo Trindall with a 40/20... interesting

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
soo a win is a win for the cows but for all the talk of them being a premiership threat they just scrapped through with a win against a team that could probably not play any worse.

no idea what to make of either teams hopes this year
totally. It will be interesting to see both teams develop

It's odd that nobody mentioned anything about Murray going for a Rugby style ruck. I've never seen a player pick their team mate off the ground and drive them over before.
Yeah, that was weird and the one shark player couldn't get at Ilias

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
The crowd at the southern end of Shark Park always looks full of wax-heads & fin-dicks.. like the ‘mucca mad boys’
6C770B56 920B 4EF8 AAE6 3267AFF14837

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Did I say ruck? I meant maul.

Trindall 40/20 and denied a try assist...

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016

I was thinking vid ref should've taken a look at it... Finucane was denied a chance to get to Ilias because Murray continued his run forward.

Mick Ennis used to get penalised as a dummy half for running forward and taking markers out

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
How that Souths try was a try is baffling.

What Murray does literally denies the Sharks a chance to try and stop the try.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
That was forward out of the hands

Active Now

• sooticus
  • the_next
  • Financeguy
  • winslow_wong
  • bazza
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Old Mate
  • The Don
  • Midean
  • Gaz
  • Redfern_1980
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.