CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 12 Discussion

I don’t wanna upset anyone but that’s the Footy Gods reminding everyone they don’t care about special rounds and hype. All that matters in footy is showing up and playing great footy.
I would never have thought I would finding myself cheering StMerge or the Eels but that was a couple of outstanding games of footy to watch

Parras forwards have won the battle all game, it's only the errors that Souths got into the game.

That looks like a Bubble burst performance by souths.
Crazy that 3 key fowards are out

Just catching up on the first half now. The Eels forwards laid a fantastic platform with the middles in particular causing the Rabbits all sorts of problems. Moses down a blind-side is just so dangerous and even though Russell only had the tiniest gap to work with, he really made the most of it to score the opening try.

That Gutherson try-saver where he stands on the ball and rucks it back is just one of those miracle plays. On any other occasion, Johnston would have got a piece of that ball at some point, but because Gutho put himself there he got the reward.

Not that it really ended up mattering as Latrell came up with a piece of individual brilliance to eventually get Johnston over the line. Those are the type of plays Latrell gets raps for and he came up with a few in that first half to really trouble the Eels.

Credit to the Eels, they just got on with it and again the forwards just gave them that edge. I thought there was a telling penalty mid-way through where Souths were just getting on top. The Eels were struggling to get out of their own half when Brown took on the line and got caught high from Ilias. It just gave the Eels the ascedency and while the Rabbits did well to repel the Eels, eventually it took it's toll. Tatola just got caught out by Brown, which led to a weak attempt at tackle and Matterson was eventually able to sum up the situation.

You just can't write the Rabbitohs off. That second Johnston try was a pearler and they were pretty close to going back to back before the kick back inside took a horrible bounce and just took all the wind out of their sails.

Will catch up on the opening of the second half in just a moment. For Parra I thought Greig, Paulo & Hopgood had just about their best games and laid a fantastic platform for them. Souths did really well to make it a 12-10 game despite being flat. They actually could have taken a lead if they capitilised on their two big breaks late in the half.

The Souths pack so far this season has been playing out of their skin but they got caught short tonight. Koloamatangi is definitely missed and will make a difference when he returns, I think Burgess and Moale are both upgrades on Knight & Suluka-Fifita but I don't think you could blame that effort on their absence. I think a lot of key players like Tatola & Murray were just average and they were due for a fizzer.

Why isn't it?

Because it rewards acting like a petulant child playing tug-of-war when someone takes their toy off them. If you can’t steal like Tedesco did in the earlier game then you shouldn’t get the ball just because you got it on the 3rd or 4th effort

Mitchell does it all the time

Victor charged for his headbutt and facing a 3 week ban... nothing happens on the field.

Patty doesn't fall on NAS's leg, gets binned and doesn't even get charged.

The sin bin crackdown is officially dead.

Apparently there wasn’t a six again until the 70th minute in the south’s parra game. The comms, of all people, also called out the referee becoming lax as the game went on and both sides exploiting it by sitting offside.

The nrl needs to inject some consistency into their referees. Union is a cluster **** in terms of their rules but at least their refs adjudicate the same at minute 74 as they do in minute 5. It also doesn’t matter to union refs if it’s the all blacks vs the lions or some FG game with 2000 ppl watching.

Apparently there wasn’t a six again until the 70th minute in the south’s parra game. The comms, of all people, also called out the referee becoming lax as the game went on and both sides exploiting it by sitting offside.

The nrl needs to inject some consistency into their referees. Union is a cluster **** in terms of their rules but at least their refs adjudicate the same at minute 74 as they do in minute 5. It also doesn’t matter to union refs if it’s the all blacks vs the lions or some FG game with 2000 ppl watching.
Klein was officiating... he's incompetent... he thinks "the best refs are the ones who are invisible" means never blow a penalty or six again unless absolutely necessary.

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
3319.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]HK_Eagle - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 6, 2011
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
Did Brad have anything to say about the 6-1 lop-sided penalty count and the only 6-again all to his team's advantage?... nah, didn't think so. His whinge last week seemed to achieved its goal. Back to the most disciplined team in the NRL @:rolleyes:

3319.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]HK_Eagle - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 6, 2011

Did Brad have anything to say about the 6-1 lop-sided penalty count and the only 6-again all to his team's advantage?... nah, didn't think so. His whinge last week seemed to achieved its goal. Back to the most disciplined team in the NRL @:rolleyes:

Klein doesn't blow pedantic penalties... he's useless... he only uses his whistle when absolutely necessary

Eels penalties from the NRL.com play by play were:
1. Dangerous tackle from Illias (foul play)
2. Arrow tackling a player without the ball (was the dummy back on the inside)
3. Murray lying in the ruck (can't remember this one)
4. Liam Knight blatant second effort on the kick chase
5. Liam Knight back chatting on the above penalty (gets counted twice)
6. Graham offside (was in front of the player after he knocked on a kick)

So only 1 of those penalties is discretionary, that being Murray, but I can't remember it.

Eels penalty was in the first 5 mins for "lying in the ruck"... discretionary and gave Souths a yardage penalty straight away, which almost led to Johnston's try

Victor charged for his headbutt and facing a 3 week ban... nothing happens on the field.

Patty doesn't fall on NAS's leg, gets binned and doesn't even get charged.

The sin bin crackdown is officially dead.
And if that was our Flegs on any other player regardless of their colours, he would have sent-off last night and be facing a 5 week ban.
The inconsistencies have gone past laughable.

3319.jpg
9052.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]BroncsFan - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 28, 2016

Klein doesn't blow pedantic penalties... he's useless... he only uses his whistle when absolutely necessary

Eels penalties from the NRL.com play by play were:
1. Dangerous tackle from Illias
2. Arrow tackling a player without the ball (was the dummy back on the inside)
3. Murray lying in the ruck (can't remember this one)
4. Liam Knight blatant second effort on the kick chase
5. Liam Knight back chatting on the above penalty (gets counted twice)
6. Graham offside (was in front of the player after he knocked on a kick)

So only 1 of those penalties is discretionary, that being Murray, but I can't remember it.

Eels penalty was in the first 5 mins for "lying in the ruck"... discretionary and gave Souths a yardage penalty straight away, which almost led to Johnston's try

Along with the discretionary Murray penalty, the Liam Knight one was BS. Klown got sold on that one. Anyway, I'm not questioning the penalties that were called... it's the penalties and 6 agains that were not called the other way, which often get over-looked. Parra didn't make a single infringement for the whole game (outside that penalty in the first 5)... pffft!

3319.jpg

Along with the discretionary Murray penalty, the Liam Knight one was BS. Klown got sold on that one. Anyway, I'm not questioning the penalties that were called... it's the penalties and 6 agains that were not called the other way, which often get over-looked. Parra didn't make a single infringement for the whole game (outside that penalty in the first 5)... pffft!

So 2-1 on discretionary penalties... hardly a blow out... Klein was letting everything go for basically the whole game and both teams eventually caught onto it and were getting away with murder.

Liam Knight pulled him back so he could get back to marker ... it was a clear second effort... Sivo milked it for everything and I thought Klein would still let it go, but it was too obvious and forced his hand.

All teams will eventually realise that Klein just doesn't blow penalties in general... mainly because he's hopeless and doesn't seem to know the rules.

3319.jpg
9052.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]BroncsFan - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 28, 2016
So 2-1 on discretionary penalties... hardly a blow out... Klein was letting everything go for basically the whole game and both teams eventually caught onto it.

Liam Knight pulled him back so he could get back to marker ... it was a clear second effort... Sivo milked it for everything and I thought Klein would still let it go, but it was too obvious and forced his hand.

All teams will eventually realise that Klein just doesn't blow penalties in general... mainly because he's hopeless and doesn't seem to know the rules.

Klown doesn’t blow penalties and yet he blew 6 for Parra. Yeah, ok.

3319.jpg

Klown doesn’t blow penalties and yet he blew 6 for Parra. Yeah, ok.

Already went through them above... I don't really care though... Souths lost... **** Souths

**** sake glass jaw Kalyn off for a HIA already... Walsh firming for origin now... ****

That might be Walsh in Origin now, **** ponga has had it bad with head knocks.

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Dee
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Yellowfella
  • cento
  • Kev_Guz
  • Robboi_321
  • Aldo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Gaz
  • Nerd
  • Allo
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • ezpz
  • Totally Unr3al
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.