CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 14 Discussion

not sure if it's been mentioned but Jarrod Wallace and Anthony Milford are both facing 3-4 weeks suspension after their loss to the Warriors

not sure if it's been mentioned but Jarrod Wallace and Anthony Milford are both facing 3-4 weeks suspension after their loss to the Warriors
That would imply Milford actually did something.

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

So I'm watching Magic Week at St James Park, and with most of the games done already the ground looks pristine.

You can't even tell it's had any games played on it.

And now they've conceded.

Sloane is a fucking idiot ... he gave himself up on a ball that went 5m backwards... but who overruled the onfield ref with an obvious wrong call.
I honestly think this was a bunker call, not touchie. Touchie wasn't in line with the play at all and it was only because the Penrith players stopped (because of Sloane) that the decision got flipped.

The MRC finally start punishing him for lifting the knees when going into a tackle.

Now let's see if the judiciary want to start doing it as well because no doubt Roosters are going to fight it.

The MRC finally start punishing him for lifting the knees when going into a tackle.

Now let's see if the judiciary want to start doing it as well because no doubt Roosters are going to fight it.

Directly caused a concussion on Mahoney and wasn't penalised or binned during the game... I think the bunker should also have something to answer for

Right on cue

I have no idea why they didn't rest him tbh. He was battling a groin injury not that long ago, or whatever it was that was causing him not to take the conversions. They were also top of the table so could afford to take a loss, not to mention they were playing the Dragons. Cameron Murray also had a niggling injury of some sort after the Origin, but decided to back up and now he's injured as well although I'm not sure on the severity. The clubs, in both instances should have stepped in said nope, you're not playing.

That said, I hate what Origin does to the competition. Sure, it's great to see some of the young guys get a shot in top grade but the potential issues it throws up are fucked.

I'm not sure how they could make it work given the TV deal but I caught a part of Bloke in a Bar today and they were talking about it. I'm not up on Soccer at all but apparently over there the competition pauses for a month and a bunch of Internationals get played. Something similar for Origin would be tits.

The 3 Origins obviously, plus 3 Origins for the ladies, then a bunch of games between NZ, Samoa, PNG, Tonga, Cook Islands, Fiji etc etc. in some sort of mini WC style thing. Shit, we could even get some of the smaller League nations like Lebanon, USA and South Africa involved. I don't know how it would work but **** it would be good watching a bunch more Internationals than we currently get. It would also, I think, sort out a bunch of eligibility issues.

I'm not sure how they could make it work given the TV deal but I caught a part of Bloke in a Bar today and they were talking about it. I'm not up on Soccer at all but apparently over there the competition pauses for a month and a bunch of Internationals get played. Something similar for Origin would be tits.

The 3 Origins obviously, plus 3 Origins for the ladies, then a bunch of games between NZ, Samoa, PNG, Tonga, Cook Islands, Fiji etc etc. in some sort of mini WC style thing. Shit, we could even get some of the smaller League nations like Lebanon, USA and South Africa involved. I don't know how it would work but **** it would be good watching a bunch more Internationals than we currently get. It would also, I think, sort out a bunch of eligibility issues.

It could also include the super league and make the international game better. You could easily get 8 series going over three weeks and then an all comp bye so everyone can go home.

Thursday 7.30 - Samoa v Tonga
Friday 6.00 - women’s England v NZ
Friday 8.00 - men’s England v NZ
Saturday 3.30 - Lebanon v France
Saturday 5.30 - International All Stars (basically a make up of people not in these other sides)
Saturday 7.30 - women’s origin
Sunday 4.00 - Fiji v PNG
Sunday 7.30 - men’s origin

I don't think it's the TV deal that would be the hurdle, it's the time in between seasons and whether the RLPA will kick up a stink about it. I think the only way this can work is if players accept less time off or they accept a shorter pre-season.

In soccer, they have less time off in between seasons and a shorter pre-season.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Jedhead
  • Culhwch
  • bb_gun
  • davidp
  • Battler
  • MrRobot
  • Midean
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Galah
  • TimWhatley
  • Scorchie
  • Skyblues87
  • mitch222
  • Jazza
  • whykickamoocow
  • Wolfie
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.