NOT CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 19 Discussion

To the warrior bros, I would be interested on your thoughts in regards to your draw and if you are typically subjected to harder away trips, like travelling to say Qld every year?

I'd imagine your hardest away trip is to Nth Qld, especially if it's early in the year and then combined with a day game... is that a stock standard game you cop every year?

If so I would class that as some manufacturing in the draw.

On the flip side of that how often is a darling team like storm or souths required to travel up to Nth Qld for a day game in March.

I'd imagine your easier away trips would be Sydney... but also not sure what kind of timeslot you would normally get.

Friday 6pm is usually a poor timeslot in Aust, but that is bang on 8pm in NZ so I would think that slot suits warriors possibly more than any other team... except for the possibility of dewy or rainy conditions... whereas any game after 7.30 is poor scheduling given it's 9.30 in NZ and the game isn't finishing until 11.30.

I remember the 12pm Sunday game was quite often the warriors and I always liked that game... as it was typically a nice fast track in NZ to watch a typically exciting brand of football... but they've pretty well done away with that time slot unfortunately.

With exception to the Anzac game being in Melbourne year upon year, the draw is pretty standard. We used to cop Perth a bit.

The Warriors biggest issue is the known and accepted issue of international travel. Waiting in airports, delays, going through customs. In reality it adds fatigue, and costs the Warriors training time over the other teams in the comp. Over a season that adds up, especially when comparing it to, oh I don't know, a team in Bondi perhaps. But that is obviously a given with a Kiwi team in an Aussie comp.

5 day turnarounds are awful for the club, but every team gets them.

Yes, it would have been nice if we had been granted a few more home games this season, but this is a team that seems to play better league in Aussie anyway (making oppositions ripe for some finals ambushes).

The Broncos have hardly left Queensland in the first 19 RDs - played two "away games" at Suncorp.

Are gifted the consistent Friday games year on year and still bitch and moan.

The NRL can't actually predict which team are going to be top 8 each year.

Maybe have a cry about the draw in a third not in a cross forum with a team 3 games in 11 days against 2022 Top 4 teams (and throwing in trans tasman travel)
FMD - not the old “hardly left Qld” chestnut again. Now do the Sydney teams.

I got in a Twitter fight with Buzz Rothfield once about the whole travel issue. He reckoned all the travel is an advantage over the Sydney clubs because it’s an extra chance to bond as a team. 🙄

Then he blocked me …

… anyway

The Raiders draw has been so soft allowing them to ride high in the top 8.

The Warriors and Broncs have earned their places in the top 8, with the NRL doing their best to sabotage our seasons. Full credit to our resilience!
It will only take 2 games that Raiders lose....then they will fall out of the 8. There PD is going hurt them in a month's time, for sure.

FMD - not the old “hardly left Qld” chestnut again. Now do the Sydney teams.
Broncos have left Queensland 5 times this year to date. (Rd 2 to Rd 6 were all at suncorp heheheh)

I had a quick look at 3 teams only - both Manly Roosters - they have left 4 times despite being in a state with 10 teams.

The Bunnies have left NSW 7 times to date.

So excuse me if the woe is me schtick about the draw seeming a bit pathetic.

The Broncos are definitely not hard done by with scheduling or the draw.

To the warrior bros, I would be interested on your thoughts in regards to your draw and if you are typically subjected to harder away trips, like travelling to say Qld every year?

I'd imagine your hardest away trip is to Nth Qld, especially if it's early in the year and then combined with a day game... is that a stock standard game you cop every year?

On the flip side of that how often is a darling team like storm or souths required to travel up to Nth Qld for a day game in March.

I'd imagine your easier away trips would be Sydney... but also not sure what kind of timeslot you would normally get.

Friday 6pm is usually a poor timeslot in Aust, but that is bang on 8pm in NZ so I would think that slot suits warriors possibly more than any other team... except for the possibility of dewy or rainy conditions... whereas any game after 7.30 is poor scheduling given it's 9.30 in NZ and the game isn't finishing until 11.30.

I remember the 12pm Sunday game was quite often the warriors and I always liked that game... as it was typically a nice fast track in NZ to watch a typically exciting brand of football... but they've pretty well done away with that time slot unfortunately.
One of the big things about the travel is we lose a days recovery and often a days prep but theres not much we can do about the travel really- just gotta suck that up.
It would be nice if they if took the time difference into consideration though- the late games are killers for the tv audience in nz and must be a bit of a mind fark for the players- slipping on the boots when theyre normally slipping on the PJs...

I don't think any team trains or does recovery on travel days though

The late-night games have become a rarity for us now which is a good thing. We now get got lots of 6 pm AEST Friday, 3 pm AEST Saturday and 2 pm AEST Sunday which are personally my favorite viewing times for each of those days.

The Broncos have hardly left Queensland in the first 19 RDs - played two "away games" at Suncorp.

Are gifted the consistent Friday games year on year and still bitch and moan.

The NRL can't actually predict which team are going to be top 8 each year.

Maybe have a cry about the draw in a third not in a cross forum with a team 3 games in 11 days against 2022 Top 4 teams (and throwing in trans tasman travel)

Broncos have left Queensland 5 times this year to date. (Rd 2 to Rd 6 were all at suncorp heheheh)

I had a quick look at 3 teams only - both Manly Roosters - they have left 4 times despite being in a state with 10 teams.

To be fair though, Bunnies they have sold their home games away and more are coming, that is a them problem.

We don't sell our Home games away anywhere.

Sydney teams like playing home games in Brisbane because it’s the only way their poorly run clubs make any money
It's even funnier when clubs like Souths sign up to play their Sydney home games away from their area when it hurts their attendance as well.

Like playing at Homebush which is signed for a few more years still, while SFS is right next to them and would easily attract more attendence as proven by how much Roosters attendance has grown since going there, with the games between the two often selling out.

I do love how international travel is a problem but being based in Australia is also a problem.
Checkmate, well played.

I haven't seen any media saying broncs have an easy draw, you just seem to have hardly any travel compared to ùs, but that applies to most Sydney clubs.

You broncs fans are right about origin period, it's Wah's only advantage in this comp.

Checkmate, well played.

I haven't seen any media saying broncs have an easy draw, you just seem to have hardly any travel compared to ùs, but that applies to most Sydney clubs.

You broncs fans are right about origin period, it's Wah's only advantage in this comp.
Don't worry, the NRL will more than likely fix that for next year

Where did I say we were hard done by? Take a chill pill, dude.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • barker
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Midean
  • NSW stables
  • Dash
  • bert_lifts
  • Harry Sack
  • thenry
  • Financeguy
  • RolledOates
  • Broncosgirl
  • LittleDavey
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.