NOT CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 19 Discussion

Have you had a run of 3 games in 11 days against glamour clubs this year?

Or even had 3 home games in 3 season.

And still come to a cross forum crying how hard it is being a Bronco.
Very self aware behaviour from a fanbase....

The numbers are right there. Hardest draw out of all clubs, 3 seasons in a row. The NRL know we rate on TV, so they make us play the best / glamour clubs twice every year, because you know what rates better than the Broncos? The Broncos losing.

That's ridiculous. I've seen alot more bitching and moaning from the Broncos fanbase.

We literally had no away games during the pandemic, got told what a great sacrifice was made, and were rewarded how exactly?

And then the team who has barely left Queensland in a comp with 13 teams outside not from Queensland says they hard done by. Get a grip.
Oh no, your team got to live in the country a lot of them come from and would probably prefer to live in, got handed players from other clubs and got to live in one of the best countries in the world. You guys get all the praise for the pandemic NRL era but which city held that shit together? Brisbane. Not a single word of praise has been given about that, all we hear is how the Warriors saved the competition.

NSW teams barely leave NSW too. Like far less than Brisbane have this year. You get numerous games a year against Origin affected teams, specifically the Broncos almost every year. You have a whole country of players to choose from. Face it, mate. Your team gets every advantage the Broncos get, and some.

The numbers are right there. Hardest draw out of all clubs, 3 seasons in a row. The NRL know we rate on TV, so they make us play the best / glamour clubs twice every year, because you know what rates better than the Broncos? The Broncos losing.
Do you reckon your 2021 draw was harder than the club that had 0 home games? Really?
Or the 2022 draw was harder than the club that had 3 home games? Really?

The NRL aren't actually able to predict the variance in club form so it a very moot point and pretty weird from a fanbase that accuse the Warriors of whinging...

Do you reckon your 2021 draw was harder than the club that had 0 home games? Really?
Or the 2022 draw was harder than the club that had 3 home games? Really?

The NRL aren't actually able to predict the variance in club form so it a very moot point and pretty weird from a fanbase that accuse the Warriors of whinging...

Like @ZTop said, we aren't crying about how hard it is, we're just saying that the dominant opinion of NRL fans that "The Broncos have it easy" is bullshit. It's based on lies that get retold enough to be accepted as truth.

Oh no, your team got to live in the country a lot of them come from and would probably prefer to live in, got handed players from other clubs and got to live in one of the best countries in the world. You guys get all the praise for the pandemic NRL era but which city held that shit together? Brisbane. Not a single word of praise has been given about that, all we hear is how the Warriors saved the competition.

NSW teams barely leave NSW too. Like far less than Brisbane have this year. You get numerous games a year against Origin affected teams, specifically the Broncos almost every year. You have a whole country of players to choose from. Face it, mate. Your team gets every advantage the Broncos get, and some.
Our Dally M winning captain quit, numerous players returned home, players kids changed schools numerous times, the team changed bases numerous times. The club was disconnected from it home base for three season.

The only thanks we got was West Tigers bringing one game to New Zealand...

And that's your take?

Like I said - not a very self aware bunch are you?

Like @ZTop said, we aren't crying about how hard it is, we're just saying that the dominant opinion of NRL fans that "The Broncos have it easy" is bullshit. It's based on lies that get retold enough to be accepted as truth.
Was it actually the hardest draw in 2021 and 2022 or would prefer and easier draw with all your games in New Zealand?

Of the 32 players the Warriors had in 2020, 14 were not from NZ anyway, and 8 of them spent most of their careers in Australia. A lot of them had barely played in NZ and were everyones 2nd favourite team at the time. They had plenty of home fans show up to games whilst in a climate most of their players were used to. Andddd they didn't play their Home games at their oppositions stadium either, but at a neutral venue.

The Broncos have hardly left Queensland in the first 19 RDs - played two "away games" at Suncorp.

Are gifted the consistent Friday games year on year and still bitch and moan.

The NRL can't actually predict which team are going to be top 8 each year.

Maybe have a cry about the draw in a third not in a cross forum with a team 3 games in 11 days against 2022 Top 4 teams (and throwing in trans tasman travel)
Why are we the only ones who cop this "hardly left Qld" shit? Sydney teams only leave the city about once every 8 weeks, nobody complains about that.

We have the hardest draw, and the 4th most travel. Only Melbourne, Warriors and Cowboys travel more, for obvious reasons.

Don't let facts get in the way of your "Broncos bad" whinging though.

Eels, Rabbitohs, storm. Probably not in 11 days but

We aren't crying about how hard it is, we are mainly just sick of hearing about how easy we have it.
How many days between those games? How much international travel exactly?

Have you had a run of 3 games in 11 days against glamour clubs this year?

Or even had 3 home games in 3 season.

And still come to a cross forum crying how hard it is being a Bronco.
Very self aware behaviour from a fanbase....
Pretty sure the initial complaint was how easy the raiders draw was and them being gifted a dream run to a top 4 spot.

Would NZ fans show up to Go Media Stadium at 10pm on a Friday night? Do the Broncos even benefit from playing "so many" Friday night games anymore? Why don't Warriors fans ever complain about the Origin schedule that benefits them greatly? Having an entire country to pick from? Must be Brisbane..

I do love how international travel is a problem but being based in Australia is also a problem.
I don't think you are quite getting it. You are supposed to be agreeing and telling us how everything is against us and only us and how great we are for putting up with it. I mean come on, why are the NRL not making allowances for us considering we wanted to be in the NRL but now find that we have to travel more than anyone else because we are based in NZ. Can't they just give us more home games or make those other teams meet us at Norfolk Island for our away games? Reality is that it is everyone else's fault that we have been shit for over a decade, obvioulsy. :rolleyes:

How far is it across the ditch anyway? It's only a few hrs flight

… anyway

The Raiders draw has been so soft allowing them to ride high in the top 8.

The Warriors and Broncs have earned their places in the top 8, with the NRL doing their best to sabotage our seasons. All power to us!

To the warrior bros, I would be interested on your thoughts in regards to your draw and if you are typically subjected to harder away trips, like travelling to say Qld every year?

I'd imagine your hardest away trip is to Nth Qld, especially if it's early in the year and then combined with a day game... is that a stock standard game you cop every year?

If so I would class that as some manufacturing in the draw.

On the flip side of that how often is a darling team like storm or souths required to travel up to Nth Qld for a day game in March.

I'd imagine your easier away trips would be Sydney... but also not sure what kind of timeslot you would normally get.

Friday 6pm is usually a poor timeslot in Aust, but that is bang on 8pm in NZ so I would think that slot suits warriors possibly more than any other team... except for the possibility of dewy or rainy conditions... whereas any game after 7.30 is poor scheduling given it's 9.30 in NZ and the game isn't finishing until 11.30.

I remember the 12pm Sunday game was quite often the warriors and I always liked that game... as it was typically a nice fast track in NZ to watch a typically exciting brand of football... but they've pretty well done away with that time slot unfortunately.

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • Dash
  • Midean
  • bert_lifts
  • Harry Sack
  • thenry
  • Financeguy
  • RolledOates
  • Broncosgirl
  • LittleDavey
  • Manofoneway
  • Astro
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.