NRL 2023 Round 2 Discussion

Even their own network has claimed on many occasion that we have the hardest draw in the comp.

Funny how we never hear about Sydney teams getting 8 'away' games without leaving town being an advantage. But Broncos playing in Darwin, totally unfair.
Yeah I think Manly leave Sydney 4 times all year... including magic round... and don't leave Sydney until Round 10 for magic round and then again in round 12... but yeah Broncs are getting a clear advantage from the draw.

Quick look at the other Sydney teams... including Newcastle as a Sydney game, because it's basically a bus drive and Magic Round. Have also ignored any home games they've chosen to take elsewhere, like Parra taking a game to Darwin, Dogs to Bundaberg, etc. because that's their choice

Away games outside Sydney:
- Dogs 5
- Manly 4
- Knights 5
- Parra 6
- Panthers 7
- Sharks 5
- Dragons 7
- Souths 5
- Rorters 6
- Wests 6

Broncos are still leaving Queensland 7 times (excluding the away game to Townsille, which is basically a flight to Sydney anyway)

The look in Fletch's eye when he said it was so sly. Just screamed "media narrative setting" to me. He knows people latch on to their babble. I read paraphrased talking points from Fox and Gould so often in league forums.

Does anyone take those morons seriously? They aren’t even funny, clear jobs for mates those two.

The look in Fletch's eye when he said it was so sly. Just screamed "media narrative setting" to me. He knows people latch on to their babble. I read paraphrased talking points from Fox and Gould so often in league forums.
It's the narrative that Crawley started up on 360 a couple weeks back he's just regurgitating it... and still fucked it up anyway, because the actual narrative is twice by round 10 or something

His cooked brain just stopped at two like we only leave Qld twice all year, which is just ridiculous ... we aren't cowboys

It's the narrative that Crawley started up on 360 a couple weeks back he's just regurgitating it... and still fucked it up anyway, because the actual narrative is twice by round 10 or something

His cooked brain just stopped at two like we only leave Qld twice all year, which is just ridiculous ... we aren't cowboys
Ah yeah, I see. He was side-eyeing Matty like "right? right?". Absolute clown. Such a stupid point too. Whatever, it is what it is. I normally don't watch the show, but the game flowed straight into it and I thought "eh, **** it, maybe they'll have to give the Broncos credit for a good solid win".... apparently it was because the Cowboys let them win and Broncos were at home and got an illegal foot massage or something.

Ah yeah, I see. He was side-eyeing Matty like "right? right?". Absolute clown. Such a stupid point too. Whatever, it is what it is. I normally don't watch the show, but the game flowed straight into it and I thought "eh, **** it, maybe they'll have to give the Broncos credit for a good solid win".... apparently it was because the Cowboys let them win and Broncos were at home and got an illegal foot massage or something.

Similar to when we beat Penrith, on 360 they were going with "are Penrith in trouble".. barely made mention of the team that beat them.

Broncos leave Qld 3 times by round 11, same as Nth Qld and Dolphins...

Titans are the ones on the outer having to leave Qld 4 times by round 11

Similar to when we beat Penrith, on 360 they were going with "are Penrith in trouble".. barely made mention of the team that beat them.
And now Panthers "bounced back" against the Rabbits and it's just business as usual. Let's completely forget the Broncs went to their inner sanctum and came away with the win.

**** the NSWRL and their puppets. And by extension the NRL in general. I support this club, and the game - I do NOT support the NRL.

O'Sullivan not charged.

It just highlights how rubbish the call was.

You're allowed to stand your ground when a player is running at you, you're allowed to use your shoulder to brace for contact when standing your ground, he doesn't change his line to get in the path of CHN and no replay showed any contact with the head.

It wasn't worthy of a sin bin, it wasn't worthy of getting put on report, it wasn't even worthy of a penalty. It was a legitimate action.

The ref that made the call is quickly becoming one of the worst refs in the game, he's almost about to overtake Kasey Badger.

O'Sullivan not charged.

It just highlights how rubbish the call was.

You're allowed to stand your ground when a player is running at you, you're allowed to use your shoulder to brace for contact when standing your ground, he doesn't change his line to get in the path of CHN and no replay showed any contact with the head.

It wasn't worthy of a sin bin, it wasn't worthy of getting put on report, it wasn't even worthy of a penalty. It was a legitimate action.

The ref that made the call is quickly becoming one of the worst refs in the game, he's almost about to overtake Kasey Badger.
First off, yes, terrible ref. Very bad and skittish.

SOS did jump, so he didn't really help his case, especially when it was clear that the Raiders player was going to be looking for the penalty. Sin bin was the wrong call. Penalty... he milked it well enough. I will say that HAD he made contact with the head, which I'm still not clear on, then it is still something that the NRL should be looking to minimise in the game, i.e., SOS should not have jumped, bracing is fine, but he could use his arse and hips just as well as his shoulder.

Image3

As a ref, it would be hard not to see that as SOS going upwards, leaving the ground and if the tackled player indicates head contact and goes off, then contacting the head. First picture shows clearly bracing. The second to last picture shows shoulder very close to chin. I am happy for that sort of thing to leave the game, honestly.

Jacob Saifiti was charged with a grade 3 reckless high tackle for his hit on Simpkin.

5 weeks with an early guilty plea ... 6 weeks if he fights and loses

Active Now

• Battler
  • Yem
  • Cavalo
  • Justwin
  • Midean
  • Brotherdu
  • Broncorob
  • ezpz
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • The Don
  • I bleed Maroon
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncs30
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Gympie devil
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Santa
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 33 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.