NOT CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 20 Discussion

What's the view of our Mates cross the ditch on Lodge ..

He is being hailed as the Messiah at Manly ... The leader we need ..
Oh you exaggerate Woodsie!

Saying that tho, during the Seibold years plenty of our players were playing like busted asses.

Yeah your whole team was one busted arse

I’m still a fan of Lodge the player

But you need smart coach who knows how to use him properly though and someone he respects and trusts

It’s ironic, we’re in need of a big bopper like him right now. I think he was our missing piece in the forwards ….

Sup42 - NZWarriors said:
Tigpies seem to be playing with a bit more pride of late. They tried hard against a much classier Sharks outfit.

I will channel Surf for updates, hoping for a Western Suburbs win. I don't have anything against Newy, just tend to go with the underdog...the Warriors fan thing....
Last time we were about to play with pride, 8 players walked out!

Just sayin’

I mean we’ll do just fine without him but by golly if he was still with us and buying into everything Webby says…..

He is toxic... it's why both us and the Warriors paid big money to get rid of him.

The Roosters also pissed him off despite being on a smallish contract with them.

No doubt he can be toxic. I think the Roosters mainly got rid of him because JWH decided to go around again. The reason he was on a smallish contract, I think, was because the Broncos and Warriors were chipping in. I think that runs out end of this year.

idk i thought the first few rounds were a fair indication of where we were at and often like to wonder what the season would have been like if the break didnt happen and the six again didnt get introduced i thought we were set up well for controlling the ruck speed but then pvl ball happened and the rest is history
The break and change of draw definitely didn't help. The Broncos went from facing the Titans, to suddenly facing the team that put a record score on them and then the two time defending premiers the week after. The players also didn't seem ready, while some teams suspiciously looked like they never stopped training.

Still, I think it was always going to be a long season. The Cowboys were trash in that opening round (Feldt christens the opening of a new stadium by kicking out on the full, summed it up) while the Souths win was off the back of Flegler and Staggs.

I don't think that was a standard the Broncos could replicate week in and week out and with injuries mounting I could see it going south very quickly.

played like a busted arse for us after the six again rule got introduced right after the covid break,maybe you got a fitter version of lodge but for use he just wasnt quick enough in clearing the ruck
Even before then, he was a liability in defence and teams were able to rack up far too much momentum running at him and Pangai Jr.

He's a very good player, as long as you dominate possession.
Similar for us. Great carting the ball up particular when following on from AFB. Bit of a penalty magnet in defence though.

History is likely to repeat I fear. Things will look ok this year and then Manly fans will be sitting there next season wondering why their team isn't performing as well as it should with a big body like Lodge in the pack.

Time will tell. It usually does.

there have been reports that Milford has been training at 6, with Katoa training with the reserves

Ponga carve up tonight on the cards I reckon. 2 tries 2 TA.

Knights by plenty.

I think Knights 1-12.

I think Tigers are going to give them a challenge and they will struggle to put them away. Knights don’t like being challenged. They tend to crumble when they are.

wonder if the Tigers might get grubby as revenge for the last game against them.

Watch the AFL, two top four sides going at it including Brissy.

Though it is at the MCG so Lions will likely get torched.
Actually had it on only to see the Ds score 3 quick goals, lions look hopeless.

Toa already exposing the fraud

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Jazza
  • Brocko
  • Mr Fourex
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  • lynx000
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Johnny92
  • Dazza 92
  • Wolfie
  • Manofoneway
  • Allo
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Foordy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • mrslong
  • davidp
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.