NOT CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 21 Discussion

Hynes must have got ex Shark Andrew Fifita to give a quick recount of what he heard when watching on tv, and the NRL had no choice but to believe the more upstanding member of the Fifita family.

He questioned the integrity of the ref nothing, Walsh swore in the vicinity and they couldn't prove it was aimed at the ref, and that's 3 weeks.

Total bullshit.

Yep what a joke, he absolutely said ****. The NRL have buried it because the touchie is female and Nicho is the reigning Dally M, what a horrible look for the game.
I'll be shocked if any journo has the nuts to call it what it is.
Fox have put out an article, but gone with the "it's unclear what he said" and then quoted number 1 ticket holder Buzz who was probably still drunk from the pasting Manly dished out.

Why haven't they completed a deep dive and provided captions from their audio???

That was all part of the 'secret' plan.

I have no idea how the mrc can look at that incident and go 'nothing to see here.'

(unless I missed something).

Me too, but even though it happened after Taupau's incident, you could argue that it happened "at the same time" as it happened during the same round and any supposed crackdown is yet to be discussed.

If the same happens again though (NAS or JS doing it and not being charged) I'd for sure be considering it for The Book.

Me too, but even though it happened after Taupau's incident, you could argue that it happened "at the same time" as it happened during the same round and any supposed crackdown is yet to be discussed.

If the same happens again though (NAS or JS doing it and not being charged) I'd for sure be considering it for The Book.
Crackdown is in effect... the league sent out a warning letter to all clubs last week that there would be a focus on 'bumpers' and high contact from ball carriers.

As usual a darling team avoids scrutiny and the incident will be swept under the rug.

He questioned the integrity of the ref nothing, Walsh swore in the vicinity and they couldn't prove it was aimed at the ref, and that's 3 weeks.

Total bullshit.

Didn't that backfire on the NRL.

We didn't lose while Walsh was suspended, and we got too freshen him up for our run home

Fox have put out an article, but gone with the "it's unclear what he said" and then quoted number 1 ticket holder Buzz who was probably still drunk from the pasting Manly dished out.

Why haven't they completed a deep dive and provided captions from their audio???

The reaction of the ref should have been enough for a hearing.

P.s. Code Sports refered to Hynes as the "Golden Boy"

The NRL is likely also hoping no one saw Burton say 'F*** off' to the ref / in the vicinity of the ref during their game as well.

I might also add, it was the same ref that Walsh copped three weeks for 'abusing'.
NRL have also set a precedent with the Walsh case, as I believe the wording was along the lines of "regardless of if Walsh directed his comments at the ref, it was in their opinion that he directed his comments at the decision."

That effectively means anyone swearing or carrying on about a decision should be charged.

The **** off from Burton would fall into that... but he's a darling player so will be ignored.

NRL have also set a precedent with the Walsh case, as I believe the wording was along the lines of "regardless of if Walsh directed his comments at the ref, it was in their opinion that he directed his comments at the decision."

That effectively means anyone swearing or carrying on about a decision should be charged.

The **** off from Burton would fall into that... but he's a darling player so will be ignored.

And that is the thing, it wasn't even in doubt. He was holding down too long, got justifiably penalised and swore at the ref. If he were a Bronco, Fox would be baying for blood but because he is a NSW darling, not even a thing has been mentioned about it.

You'd have to admit though.......Marty's was a bit different.

I don't know just what the **** he was trying to do, but it was as awkward as **** and he clearly got it wrong.
That's a paddlin'........

the simpsons paddle GIF
Yeah, you're right. It looked like Nelson knew what he was doing.

Annesley on why "golden boy" Nicho Hynes wasn't charged for abusing the officials:

“My understanding is that he (Gough) reacted quite strongly because he felt Nicho had been complaining about decisions on multiple occasions during the course of the game and he’d had enough of it at that stage,” Annesley said.

“The match review committee have reviewed the video and audio and spoke with the official concerned and there’s no evidence of any untoward language used and no offence taken by the officials in relation to what was said.

“Players are always going to be upset when decisions don’t go their way.”

Annesley on why "golden boy" Nicho Hynes wasn't charged for abusing the officials:

“My understanding is that he (Gough) reacted quite strongly because he felt Nicho had been complaining about decisions on multiple occasions during the course of the game and he’d had enough of it at that stage,” Annesley said.

“The match review committee have reviewed the video and audio and spoke with the official concerned and there’s no evidence of any untoward language used and no offence taken by the officials in relation to what was said.

Come On Reaction GIF

Is there any more to that? If not, I hope the Broncos issue the NRL with a show cause notice for Walsh's suspension.

Is there any more to that? If not, I hope the Broncos issue the NRL with a show cause notice for Walsh's suspension.

I couldn't tell you as I didn't actually watch Annesley's spin session. that is the entirety of the quotes from the Ritchie/Rothfield article though

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • kiwibronco
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • Broncorob
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  • bb_gun
  • Tmac
  • LittleDavey
  • MrTickyMcG
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Alec
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skathen
  • Mick_Hancock
  • broncos4life
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.