NOT CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 8 Discussion

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
9427.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Toookey - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 3, 2021
REACTIONS: 8,157
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
I was pretty gutted about the result last night. I felt we did enough to win. We weren't perfect last night, but at times I thought we played as well as we have in years.
There's usually a few calls I disagree with the ref about, but I try to subscribe to the 'if you have to blame the ref you didnt do enough to win' mentality, but shieeeet I cant get over the overwhelming feeling that we were robbed. I disagreed with the calls just before half time where Walker was sin binned and SJ was pinged for the drop out, but we were at least guilty of doing something wrong, so I can handle those (even though they're not given against most other teams).
But that 2nd half, especially with NAS and his antics....unbelievable.
Atleast against Cronulla when we got some poor calls, it evened out and the ref sinbinned their player late....but nothing, even with NAS lying all over the ball and high shots...it seems blatant and obvious.

I even came on here to look and see what the thoughts were from non Warriors supporters, thinking maybe I was too biased in the moment, but nope, all of you basically said the same shit....so how can everyone see what's going on yet nothing changes? Maaan feeling pretty dejected today. The narrative would have been so much better for the NRL had we won, but I guess that story isn't what they want to show

4775.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]wizards rage - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 18, 2016
REACTIONS: 22,497
I was pretty gutted about the result last night. I felt we did enough to win. We weren't perfect last night, but at times I thought we played as well as we have in years.
There's usually a few calls I disagree with the ref about, but I try to subscribe to the 'if you have to blame the ref you didnt do enough to win' mentality, but shieeeet I cant get over the overwhelming feeling that we were robbed. I disagreed with the calls just before half time where Walker was sin binned and SJ was pinged for the drop out, but we were at least guilty of doing something wrong, so I can handle those (even though they're not given against most other teams).
Atleast against Cronulla when we got some poor calls, it evened out and the ref sinbinned their player late....but nothing, even with NAS lying all over the ball and high shots...it seems blatant and obvious.

I even came on here to look and see what the thoughts were from non Warriors supporters, thinking maybe I was too biased in the moment, but nope, all of you basically said the same shit....so how can everyone see what's going on yet nothing changes? Maaan feeling pretty dejected today. The narrative would have been so much better for the NRL had we won, but I guess that story isn't what they want to show
Everyone knew the WWF was rigged back in the day but we still went out and watched Hulk Hogan become getting smashed but then hulking up and becoming invincible as he finished over the top of his opponent.

League is the same where teams get hulked up by the refs. It’s a joke really to call it a sporting event. It’s sports entertainment.

You do get a bit over it though when your teams not a superstar that’s being pushed…

Smash em bro

9427.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Toookey - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 3, 2021

I feel terrible for you and the other Warriors supporters, the refs weren’t even trying to hide it.

I honestly think that if Melbourne hadn’t had such a poor start to the year the refs ref that fair, but the NRL need Melbourne to be good.

9427.jpg

The Storm murdered the Warriors in the ruck and should have given away 5 6 agains in the last 10, then just before Harry scored on the 5th the warriors gave away a 6 again for WAY less. It was a stitch up.
That said, the warriors one out running and only going left for the last 10 was pretty ordinary footy.

The Storm murdered the Warriors in the ruck and should have given away 5 6 agains in the last 10, then just before Harry scored on the 5th the warriors gave away a 6 again for WAY less. It was a stitch up.
That said, the warriors one out running and only going left for the last 10 was pretty ordinary footy.
The warriors clearly had nothing left to give in the last 10 minutes, they were out on their feet

Enough with this Victor Radley gets treated different Malarkey.

The Rooster should get fined for that guff, no different to calling the ref biased.

You put yourself in a position where you are hitting hard in defence and your technique isn't perfect then you are in the crosshairs at the moment... No different for anyone but Corey Oates isn't doing that to tackled players in the same way Radley or Kaufusi does.

713.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Ever Hopeful - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 24, 2013
REACTIONS: 13,106
Dylan Walker is facing a three match ban...

Yes, but the point is that Melbourne attendances are going to be different to NZ attendances. Melbournians would typically watch NRL if they were in town and their local AFL team was not playing because it would typically be a sport to watch and have a drink. Just Melbourne things. AFL>>>>NRL. If the team was plodding, the true fans would reveal themselves, and I would imagine there are not that many. The Melbourne numbers also probably are pumped up by tourists visiting one of the two major cities in Oz with one team playing and you're able to get decent tickets, unlike the AFL in Melbourne.
Melbourne have been a top 3 team for their whole tenure and crowds still suck. NRL "wanting" Melbourne to win doesn't make sense because it really hasn't led to success in crowd numbers. With the All Blacks struggling lately NZ would be more beneficial to the NRL in regards to growth and being international.

Got to say though big nelson proved tonight that a big elite prop is one of the most valuable players a team can have, Storm had nothing till he came on and he completely changed the game for Melbourne, even with alot going their way it was still only possible because of him.
Probably the only forward close to Haas. The fact he moves out to the sides (to get a rest) means he's extra deadly against the smaller players. 6' 7" it's really hard to contain him, especially those offloads.

713.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Ever Hopeful - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 24, 2013
REACTIONS: 13,106

Dylan Walker is facing a three match ban...

What the actual... There was nothing in it!! It looked bad, but he was wrapping up the ball??

The NRL appear to have zero idea of what "momentum" is. They should probably look it up.

187.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Mr Frank White - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 19, 2012
REACTIONS: 11,163
show the judiciary the video when NAS dropped his elbow on Egans face breaking his teeth.
Precedent set, fine only

187.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Mr Frank White - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 19, 2012
REACTIONS: 11,163

show the judiciary the video when NAS dropped his elbow on Egans face breaking his teeth.
Precedent set, fine only

NRL: "BuT yOu caN oNLy uSE eXAmPLeS iF TheY AlSo wENt tO ThE jUDiCIArY".

Of the three hip drop tackles in the Broncs v Parra game.. I must be biased as I thought the Parra player's was the worst.. and maybe a 1 match ban!? Not sure what Hass did wrong? I guess you can't use your momentum to swing a player down which seems kind of dumb. The NRL is always backing itself into these corners with interpretation changes.

5026.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Christchurch_Warrior - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 4, 2016
REACTIONS: 1,349
10164.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]IceWorks - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 10, 2019

Of the three hip drop tackles in the Broncs v Parra game.. I must be biased as I thought the Parra player's was the worst.. and maybe a 1 match ban!? Not sure what Hass did wrong? I guess you can't use your momentum to swing a player down which seems kids of dumb. The NRL is always backing itself into these corners with interpretation changes.

I thought Mam's was the only actual hip drop. Agree about Haas though as nothing in it. Mam deserves the ban Haas does not in my opinion.

4461.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Mr Dragon - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 25, 2015
REACTIONS: 4,575
I will be watching Origin and expect the same rules as the NRL, I will be watching for hip drops and strikes to the head!

713.jpg
REACTIONS: 13,111
I will be watching Origin and expect the same rules as the NRL, I will be watching for hip drops and strikes to the head!

I'm going to watch every dropout from the in-goal like a hawk! I have no problem with the call if we see it every game from now on.

Melbourne have been a top 3 team for their whole tenure and crowds still suck. NRL "wanting" Melbourne to win doesn't make sense because it really hasn't led to success in crowd numbers. With the All Blacks struggling lately NZ would be more beneficial to the NRL in regards to growth and being international.
I think it does make sense, because if they weren't even doing that much then it would be an abject failure and the investment would be worthless. The NRL really wants to retain that foothold in AFL-Land, and if the Storm were not winning, I reckon the club would collapse.

I think it does make sense, because if they weren't even doing that much then it would be an abject failure and the investment would be worthless. The NRL really wants to retain that foothold in AFL-Land, and if the Storm were not winning, I reckon the club would collapse.
All that success and where do their players still come from and still retire to?

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • achievedrap
  • Allo
  • bazza
  • The Strapper
  • Lurker
  • Bish
  • azza.79
  • RolledOates
  • Wolfie
  • Johnny92
  • Fozz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • kiwi2
  • Old Mate
  • NSW stables
  • bb_gun
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.