CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 8 Discussion

All that success and where do their players still come from and still retire to?
I don't think the NRL gives a shit past making money in AFL-Land. They run that project pretty lean. Put on the show in Melbourne, like a stage production. People go, get entertainment and wait for the next episode next weekend. They don't care so much about development, etc. They let other affiliate businesses take care of that. Broncos, for example. Penriff now they are profitable again. Established pathways are working, why invest further in that way when they just need to market a winning team?

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
[/st_td_row][st_td]DSM5 - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 27, 2005
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
When and who was the last Storm player to come out of any Melbourne nursery?

713.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Ever Hopeful - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 24, 2013
REACTIONS: 13,126
[/st_td_row][st_td]DSM5 - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 27, 2005

I think there has only been about 3 hasn't there. Four now with Ieremia

713.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Ever Hopeful - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 24, 2013
REACTIONS: 13,126

I think there has only been about 3 hasn't there. Four now with Ieremia

Fonua, Kennar, Tonumaipea, Ieremia.

They'd argue players like Jeremy Smith & Gareth Widdop as well.

4275.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Beastmode - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2015
REACTIONS: 24,397

They have a nursery? news to me.

I thought they simply stole players - like a snatch and grab

4734.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Aman - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 9, 2016
REACTIONS: 12,607
Is NrL 360 intentionally ignoring the Warriors?

No mention of RTS return
No mention of ins and outs from round 8 while every other team is mentioned.
No coverage of Anzac game and dissection of dodgy calls like they did with Rossters V dragons.

Bit fucked really

4275.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Beastmode - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2015
REACTIONS: 24,397

They have a nursery? news to me.

I thought they simply stole players - like a snatch and grab

Idiots in the media keep going on about how they fostered and developed their own players, even during the salary cap scandal...Despite having to drag the majority of them over 2 different state borders to actually play for them.

Victoria doesn't have a Rugby League nursery. It's as simple as that.

4734.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Aman - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 9, 2016

No mention of RTS return
No coverage of Anzac game and dissection of dodgy calls like they did with Rossters V dragons.

Bit fucked really

What are you expecting? Its a Sydney-centric show masquerading as not.

4734.jpg

No mention of RTS return

Bit fucked really

Kept going on about jacky taking 300k less at south’s and how dodgy it was.
meanwhike cam Munster taking 500k less to stay at the storm was all fine.
They’re a pack of clowns and I can’t watch it,

Penrith won same amount of games as broncos last year and they wouldn’t shut up how good they are…Broncos in the same boat and not a mention.

Penrith won same amount of games as broncos last year and they wouldn’t shut up how good they are…Broncos in the same boat and not a mention.

Kent legitimately looked like he was about to burst into tears at one point over the whole thing because of his relationship with Sticky.

It is interesting though, you can't blame Wighton if he thinks this is his best and last start at getting a premiership but it really does highlight flaws again in the salary cap system. Of course he isn't the first one and it is always the same teams that benefit. The system doesn't work and hasn't for a long time but it certainly isn't because this is a first.

1959.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]StuBoot - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 22, 2010
1973.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]mrslong - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 25, 2008

l'm no Kent apologist but there is something seriously wrong with the System that allows a player to leave his club ( of his own choice) and sign with another for much less.
Same length of contract so that can't be used as a point of difference.
I would understand if he went to the Dolphins as it's been reported his wife's family is up that way.
But moving to a city that is more expensive to live but earn less money doesn't make sense to me.

I get it if it's a situation like Reynolds where Souffs only offered him a one year deal but the Broncos offered three.

I also get Munster staying at the Storm for less, that's his current club so they shouldn't have to pay overs to keep him.

1959.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]StuBoot - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 22, 2010

l'm no Kent apologist but there is something seriously wrong with the System that allows a player to leave his club ( of his own choice) and sign with another for much less.
Same length of contract so that can't be used as a point of difference.
I would understand if he went to the Dolphins as it's been reported his wife's family is up that way.
But moving to a city that is more expensive to live but earn less money doesn't make sense to me.

I get it if it's a situation like Reynolds where Souffs only offered him a one year deal but the Broncos offered three.

I also get Munster staying at the Storm for less, that's his current club so they shouldn't have to pay overs to keep him.

He could just be sick of Ricky or has already made millions and a another 1.2m isn't a motivation.

It is strange though, he's giving up almost 700k after tax for what is effectively a retirement contract. That's a lot of money to just leave on the table.

It stinks, but so does the salary cap in general.

Dylan Walker is fighting his charge.

He was charged with a Grade 2 Dangerous Contact and because it was his second offence, he was facing 2 weeks on the sideline. Now he's facing 3 weeks.

I think he's seeking a downgrade to a Grade 1 which will be a fine. He shouldn't have been charged. He's making a fucking tackle for ***** sake.

Dylan Walker is fighting his charge.

He was charged with a Grade 2 Dangerous Contact and because it was his second offence, he was facing 2 weeks on the sideline. Now he's facing 3 weeks.

I think he's seeking a downgrade to a Grade 1 which will be a fine. He shouldn't have been charged. He's making a fucking tackle for ***** sake.

Far more a strong tackle than the NAS slam that broke a jaw. It's footy. shit happens. That was a tackle that unfortunately ended up with a guy hitting the ground hard. He didn't have any contact with the guy's head, the head did just hit the ground hard.

To quote Paten (voicing the decision of MRC) on NAS's uncharged tackle on Egan (2022):
“There might be possible minor contact at the end of the tackle with Nelson’s forearm to the neck [and] chin area, but that was only minor contact. It was a forceful tackle which unfortunately resulted in Egan’s head going into the ground.”

Swap that with Walker and Katoa and it actually is far more convincing in Walker's case.

Active Now

• Allo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Locky field goal
  • Brocko
  • Cavalo
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Morkel
  • Sproj
  • Wild Horse
  • bb_gun
  • Rookie Alan
  • Harry Sack
  • Spoon
  • Santa
  • Thelmus
  • Fitzy
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncorob
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.