NRL 2024 Pre-Season Challenge Week 1

Tyrell Sloan isnt a first grader. Will say it yet again. Error after error.
When he figures it out he will be a superstar. I think he has been fucked over for years by playing fullback needed to be blooded on the wing and he’d be fine.

Dragons are going to be my pity support team for the year. I want them to go well this year.

I like the look of the little fullback for Souths. He is really having a crack for a dude his size.

Very few players spark an attack like Cameron Murray.

Good work from Gray to sum the situation up. Good draw and pass to buy Burns some space out-wide.

Flanagan has looked really sharp so far. Apart from kicking he has seemed the dominant half in play.

Surely the dragons can’t be seriously going with Sloane at fullback
He is the worst in the comp by a fair distance

Thought Flanagan was very pedestrian that set. Two telegraphed inside balls, only went wide to set up the angle for the cross-field kick and he kicks it 'too sweetly'.

How come I've never heard of this Jye Gray before?!

Good play from the young man, St George looking very lethargic in this second half.

Fortunately the official is taking some pity on them.

He's too small.

That last penalty cannot be the new rule??

His foot was lifted off the ground to stop him moving forward... how the **** is that unnecessary??

Good luck to teams trying to stop Haas and co when they get a head of steam up and rolling forward with the post contact meters

Happy to see Jonah Glover plugging away for the Dragons.

Came through the Brisbane Tigers system and was awareded the Player of the Season in Colts. Gus gave him an opportunity at the Bulldogs and he played his part in their Jersey Flegg premiership.

Will likely be NSW Cup, but if you want to turn heads that's the competition.

Kennar finally puts the game to bed. Souths just had too many points of attack and just weathered the storm.

A long road ahead for Flanagan and the Dragons.

Can’t believe the Dragons cast Sailor adrift, he is exactly the Port they should be calling if they want a fullback with some wind in his sails. At the moment that side is rudderless with Sloane just drifting in and out of the game, mostly out. Captain needs to make the call, scuttle any plans to have Sloane at fullback. He’s quick and that’s it, just not good enough, needs to walk the plank.

Can’t believe the Dragons cast Sailor adrift, he is exactly the Port they should be calling if they want a fullback with some wind in his sails. At the moment that side is rudderless with Sloane just drifting in and out of the game, mostly out. Captain needs to make the call, scuttle any plans to have Sloane at fullback. He’s quick and that’s it, just not good enough, needs to walk the plank.
That was one thing I noticed as well, Flanagan would drift down an edge, look for support only for Sloan to be a step or two behind the play.

If he's there for those moments, he's either running through space or stretching the defence for the next play.

I think the ship sailed on Tristan when he got caught up in that drama. I don't blame them for moving him on and I don't think he has enough ceiling to come crawling back. I can see them using Ben Hunt as a bargaining chip to lure a quality fullback from the Titans - AJ Brimson for Ben Hunt sounds like the type of move I could see them making.

Otherwise, they'll just be on the market, hoping they can pick up a disgruntled player.

I still think Sloan could be a quality winger for the right club. I just see so much Addo-Carr in him, I'm sure Bellamy would have found a way to make it work.

That last penalty cannot be the new rule??

His foot was lifted off the ground to stop him moving forward... how the **** is that unnecessary??

Good luck to teams trying to stop Haas and co when they get a head of steam up and rolling forward with the post contact meters
I think teams will have to start getting the 3rd man in the tackle to wrap up the ankles, while the other 2 push the ball carrier over... sounds like it will be more dangerous then just lifting a leg...

I think teams will have to start getting the 3rd man in the tackle to wrap up the ankles, while the other 2 push the ball carrier over... sounds like it will be more dangerous then just lifting a leg...
Yep... that seems more likely to injure the ball runner than lifting his foot to stop him running... ankles, knees, etc. getting caught up and twisted during the tackle... almost like Patty's hip drop that broke Hastings ankle.

I thought the rule was going to be more like what we got penalised for against Wynnum where the leg was lifted up above the hip to up end them when they've stopped

Yep... that seems more likely to injure the ball runner than lifting his foot to stop him running... ankles, knees, etc. getting caught up and twisted during the tackle... almost like Patty's hip drop that broke Hastings ankle.

I thought the rule was going to be more like what we got penalised for against Wynnum where the leg was lifted up above the hip to up end them when they've stopped
Irs just a ridiculous rule. How does lifting a guys leg up injure somebody.

I mean you can if you lift it high and hard enough.
How often you see that? The only one I remmeber off the top of my head is Luke O'Donnell snapping his hamstring with a similar kind. That was like 15 years ago

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Skathen
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • Organix
  • Totally Unr3al
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.