NRL 2024 Round 1 Discussion

I don't think you can tell much about the Cowboys from round 1. The Dolphins played like a wooden spoon team and the Cowboys defence looked very suspect.

Yeah the Phins cut through the Cows a few times but just didn't have the players in support or otherwise couldn't make anything of it. A lot of other teams in the comp would have punished those mistakes. I want to see more of the Cows before I settle on what they'll do this year. One of the talking heads said they would either come 3rd or 13th and neither would be a surprise...they do seem a bit like that.

Was the crowd like 27k as well?

I heard a 7 during the broadcast and assume 27k, because I've been to Suncorp when it's near 40k and that game was not close to it.

Sunny Sunday arv at Suncorp for round 1 and you cant crack 30k...
32,477 was the official attendance.

I only just saw the penalty try and the Feldt no try after they were brought up in the Monday briefing.

How the **** did Badger get a penalty try from that? Laybutt had overran the ball when Bostock interfered with him and from that point on the ball was bouncing right and took one more bounce before going dead. And even with Niu right there, it adds even more doubt to the scenario. No way he was getting to that ball before it went dead.

And then the Feldt no try at the end. Did Badger forget the new interpretation of the grounding rule? The ball comes away from the hand but his thumb stays on the ball which is also confirmed in the footage provided in the Monday briefing. Then you add onto the fact that the on-field decision was try.

Two absolutely rubbish decisions.

Watch Kasey Klanger get the shit game of the round every week

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • winslow_wong
  • Fozz
  • Galah
  • Organix
  • Allo
  • westy316
  • Lozza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncos4life
  • Battler
  • Midean
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Foordy
  • Bronx48
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Xzei
  • Redux
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.