NRL 2024 Round 1 Discussion

There's no way it will get called again though... unless the game situation calls for it.

They're just making it up as they go and gaslighting everyone that watches the game

Probably not, but technically there was interference. I think we will see the same call again unless they come out and say Kasey got it wrong because the refereeing just isn't consistent with its decision making.

Probably not, but technically there was interference. I think we will see the same call again unless they come out and say Kasey got it wrong because the refereeing just isn't consistent with its decision making.
We probably will but it will be completely dependent on the game situation... which makes it hard for captain's because they'll see that and be like "beauty... when there's interference in a ptb error I can challenge it"... except they'll challenge it in the 5th minute and the bunker will call it the other way... and then everyone will just pretend that the one from today never happened and joke about how a prop should never be allowed to challenge i.e. gaslighting

Didn't look like he came back on... or did I miss him back on the field?

Is Todd just fucking around with him to try and force him out... or saving his legs for broncos in Rd 4 when he'll play 80mins?

Didn't look like he came back on... or did I miss him back on the field?

Is Todd just fucking around with him to try and force him out... or saving his legs for broncos in Rd 4 when he'll play 80mins?
Saving his legs I guess. I dont know why teams don't do it more with veteran forwards when they are up big. If we are going to do anything he is going to have to be at his best. Next week he could do the same thing though in a close game. Who knows with Todd. Granville got his mins though. Favourite child.

It was nice to see the Cowboys back their attack. They put 20 points in as many minutes against this mob the year before so they understood their assignment and played the Phins like a fiddle. There was definitely some fortune but you tend to make it yourself this competition.

Back to the drawing board for the Dolphins. That Niu/Bostock combination got exposed and they just made some really uncharacteristic errors. They've had slow starts before, but usually they take their opportunities and can build momentum well. Everytime they got themselves back into the contest, they'd shoot themselves in the foot and let the Cowboys take full advantage.

Bennett's been on the end of some heavy opening round losses before. Typically he tends to get the team to baton down the hatches and prepare to slug it out. I'm curious to see how he responds against the Dragons - Lemuelu is out with injury, I wonder who will be left out by choice?

I think Cowboys are going to surprise a few people this year.

You'd be entitled to start asking a few questions if you were a Dolphins fan.

Signed a few big names, effectively a home game for them against a team that struggled themselves last season and they got beaten into submission.

They will no doubt come good if injuries go their way, they have a pretty good team, I would expect their pack to carry the spine but based on that performance, you'd be feeling a bit empty about things. I know it's only Round 1 but as per the reason I just mentioned, I expected a better performance.

Man, you'd be so worried if you were a fan of The. They bought in arguably the best centre in the game, so barely direct any attack down his side. Niu gets picked at centre and as expected has a shocker (another bad coaching call that no one will bring up with Wayne of course) and to top it all off, now you have two massive ball hogs in your backline with Herbie and Hammer.

Man, you'd be so worried if you were a fan of The. They bought in arguably the best centre in the game, so barely direct any attack down his side. Niu gets picked at centre and as expected has a shocker (another bad coaching call that no one will bring up with Wayne of course) and to top it all off, now you have two massive ball hogs in your backline with Herbie and Hammer.
In terms of their recruits they paid top dollar for players that had the best year of their career. I'm not saying Flegler and Herbie aren't good players but both will never play as well as they did last year IMO. Flegler is a good forward but found out quickly it is a lot harder to be a top forward when you aren't paired up with either Payne or Carrigan. Farnworth is a quality centre but limited.

Was the crowd like 27k as well?

I heard a 7 during the broadcast and assume 27k, because I've been to Suncorp when it's near 40k and that game was not close to it.

Sunny Sunday arv at Suncorp for round 1 and you cant crack 30k...

Was the crowd like 27k as well?

I heard a 7 during the broadcast and assume 27k, because I've been to Suncorp when it's near 40k and that game was not close to it.

Sunny Sunday arv at Suncorp for round 1 and you cant crack 30k...

Try as they or any team might, no one is going to replace the Broncs as THE drawcard in Brissy, especially when the Broncs are doing well.

It was nice to see the Cowboys back their attack. They put 20 points in as many minutes against this mob the year before so they understood their assignment and played the Phins like a fiddle. There was definitely some fortune but you tend to make it yourself this competition.

Back to the drawing board for the Dolphins. That Niu/Bostock combination got exposed and they just made some really uncharacteristic errors. They've had slow starts before, but usually they take their opportunities and can build momentum well. Everytime they got themselves back into the contest, they'd shoot themselves in the foot and let the Cowboys take full advantage.

Bennett's been on the end of some heavy opening round losses before. Typically he tends to get the team to baton down the hatches and prepare to slug it out. I'm curious to see how he responds against the Dragons - Lemuelu is out with injury, I wonder who will be left out by choice?

Phins could have scored at least twice on the left side early , but Hammer refused to pass . That would have made for a different game .

Dolphins will always continue to struggle until they address the biggest glaring issue in their side. Their halves are second tier players and you cant beat good sides with shit halves. Nikorima & O'Sullivan wouldn't start in anyones halves in the NRL.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncorob
  • Jazza
  • mrslong
  • Bish
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Footy Fanatic
  • davidp
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fatboy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fitzy
  • BroncsNBundy
  • sooticus
  • bazza
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.