NRL 2024 Round 1 Discussion

Watch Ricky replace Hosking with Whitehead immediately on his return.
Why did he even go to Canberra?

Surely there are other teams that need a second rower... should be starting week in week out, but will be sitting behind Young and Whitehead down there.

Storm played Loiero all last year FFS

Surely there are other teams that need a second rower... should be starting week in week out, but will be sitting behind Young and Whitehead down there.

Agreed, it’s a weird one. Maybe as a successor if Whitehead finishes up this year?

Ricky would have been all over him like white on rice. Loves a backrower and won't hesitate to add a quality one to his roster, especially when he has an excuse.

Whitehead's out for the first month and his career is winding down, Harawira-Naera's future is touch and go, Mooney appears to be making the transition to the middle etc.

It certainly paid off for them tonight, will be curious to see how they go over in New Zealand in Round 3.

Given Whitehead is meeting the end, this year apparently, would t be the most unusual thing if he ends up on the bench when he returns and Hoskins keeps his starting spot.

I can't remember the last time Ponga played so poorly either.

Even his best run on the night backfired on the team and led directly to points for the Raiders. There were a few errors through out but the two that come to mind:

The first was the cold drop inside the opening five minutes. The Knights were winning the early exchanges and an early try would have set the crowd alight. Instead Ponga had a poor grip of the football and it just brought the Raiders right back into it.

The second was right after half-time where Pearce-Paul created the overlap out-wide and Ponga snatched at the offload, spilling it. If he takes it, the Knights likely score and hit an early lead. Instead the Raiders receive back to back penalties and score an incredibly soft try to give themselves a strong lead.

Two costly errors that really turned the game.

One player who I thought was sorely missed was Mat Croker. He typically fills that link role and provides the Knights with some mobility through the middle. His absense saw Crossland stay on the field and between him, Cogger, Hastings etc. the Knights just had too many weak-links. I'm not sure what the story is, he didn't play NSW Cup either and nothing is turning up after a search.

One player who I thought was sorely missed was Mat Croker. He typically fills that link role and provides the Knights with some mobility through the middle. His absense saw Crossland stay on the field and between him, Cogger, Hastings etc. the Knights just had too many weak-links. I'm not sure what the story is, he didn't play NSW Cup either and nothing is turning up after a search.

He's got an issue with a tooth so he wasn't named in any side this week. Unsure when he will be back but I don't imagine it would be any longer than 1 game.

Very glad to see the knights lose. The commentators are sickening every time ponga touches the ball. They just ignore any of the work anybody else in the team does. It's hilarious to think he got the Dally M after last year. Didn't come good till like round 10..

Hate the raiders but i love seeing the commentators with their dicks in their hand

I won't comment on the tackle cause I just don't care enough. But deadset, can Ponga do anything without his head impacting something?
Ole Hudson is in a lot of trouble .
That`s the thing . It wasn`t a tackle . It was unnecessary and dangerous .
Late contact with the head and no white thingy . Then Ponga`s head whipped into the ground . 6-8 weeks I reckon .
Head injury protocols are under the spot light ATM .

Ole Hudson is in a lot of trouble .
That`s the thing . It wasn`t a tackle . It was unnecessary and dangerous .
Late contact with the head and no white thingy . Then Ponga`s head whipped into the ground . 6-8 weeks I reckon .
Head injury protocols are under the spot light ATM .
Ridiculous if it's that long.

Honestly Ponga is getting to Pucovski levels with his concussions. He will get to the stage that he will concuss himself running onto the field.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.