OFFICIAL NRL announces record-high salary caps for 2023 season

In my experience in the workforce a cba agreement had to be agreed to by people representing the workers before it became a thing…???

Sounds like the NRL are applying media pressure to the players, bypassing the RLPA. Deadset, the NRL would struggle to run a chook raffle. Bunch of fucking muppets.

Please can there be another Super League? Honestly, with expansion etc happening and the NRL selling themselves short on the TV deals, now is probably the best time in the NRL era for an alternative comp to get legs.

Vlandys is a flog, a discussion needs to be had about what he has done in Horse Racing as well

In my experience in the workforce a cba agreement had to be agreed to by people representing the workers before it became a thing…???

TBF the NRL never announced that the CBA had been signed. just what next years salary cap will be

I agree with Katie Brown. The women's formula should be the same as the men's (i.e. they get a certain % of the income their game produces) ...

although if the NRL went down the equalisation route, then the women's salary cap would NOT have been increased by 153% ... so the NRLW players can thank their lucky stars the NRL don't follow Katie Brown's suggestions

I agree with Katie Brown. The women's formula should be the same as the men's (i.e. they get a certain % of the income their game produces) ...

although if the NRL went down the equalisation route, then the women's salary cap would NOT have been increased by 153% ... so the NRLW players can thank their lucky stars the NRL don't follow Katie Brown's suggestions
I genuinely don’t know the figures but I would say based off the fact it’s a 6 week comp with nearly 6 million in salaries for players and heaps more expenses that the game would struggle to make enough revenue from the women’s game to be in a position to hand out much more pay than they are. I think any smart administration would be investing most of the money they are making into grassroots for girls where that is where the earning potential will grow rather than investing that in the current crop of players salaries who are nowhere near providing a product where it can be there sole occupation. Sad but it’s the reality. I think there has been tremendous growth but it really doesn’t seem like this generation of women’s players will reap the major rewards of producing a potentially profit worthy revenue if they even are producing that. To much unknown in the women’s game figure wise to be really complaining about a 153% wage increase for a 6 week comp.

I don’t really think anyone can be complaining about the financial landscape of a 6 week comp with realistically not an overwhelming amount of interest. They get there fair share of what they are earning and the game is well and truly investing far more than what they make, back in to the women’s game that includes clubs, ARL, NRL/W, Sponsors and broadcasters. Considering a 6 week comp got 50% of the dally m airtime it’s fair to say there isn’t to much inequity between the two genders when you consider the vastly different circumstances behind their respective competitions.

I think the ARL and NRL have a fair crack at giving them what they deserve and I’d argue that they aren’t earning anything to scoff at. They get 40% of the men for the same period per club and there definitely is not 30 players plus development and train and trial players to be paid so I think the women are very much holding there own in the financial department to the point where it is becoming a bit of a hand out to hush this whole woke agenda that pushes the idea that women sports backs up the idea of gender pay gap on the workforce.

I really couldn’t give two ***** about Katie Brown I think she is a fucking idiot in some press conferences with the questions she asks but regardless of that tangent I’d love to know what her article share of mens to women’s sports is? Cause I think we all know it wouldn’t be 40%. At the end of the day Mens sports produced the dollars and she profits off that yet has the audacity to complain about in my eyes a very well funded Women’s professional sporting comp with vast investment from a variety of entities that support there game and league.

I really couldn’t give two ***** about Katie Brown I think she is a fucking idiot in some press conferences with the questions she asks but regardless of that tangent I’d love to know what her article share of mens to women’s sports is? Cause I think we all know it wouldn’t be 40%. At the end of the day Mens sports produced the dollars and she profits off that yet has the audacity to complain about in my eyes a very well funded Women’s professional sporting comp with vast investment from a variety of entities that support there game and league.

She's a fucken troll whose only objective is to push the current media agenda. She adds nothing to RL at all....

I genuinely don’t know the figures but I would say based off the fact it’s a 6 week comp with nearly 6 million in salaries for players and heaps more expenses that the game would struggle to make enough revenue from the women’s game to be in a position to hand out much more pay than they are. I think any smart administration would be investing most of the money they are making into grassroots for girls where that is where the earning potential will grow rather than investing that in the current crop of players salaries who are nowhere near providing a product where it can be there sole occupation. Sad but it’s the reality. I think there has been tremendous growth but it really doesn’t seem like this generation of women’s players will reap the major rewards of producing a potentially profit worthy revenue if they even are producing that. To much unknown in the women’s game figure wise to be really complaining about a 153% wage increase for a 6 week comp.

I don’t really think anyone can be complaining about the financial landscape of a 6 week comp with realistically not an overwhelming amount of interest. They get there fair share of what they are earning and the game is well and truly investing far more than what they make, back in to the women’s game that includes clubs, ARL, NRL/W, Sponsors and broadcasters. Considering a 6 week comp got 50% of the dally m airtime it’s fair to say there isn’t to much inequity between the two genders when you consider the vastly different circumstances behind their respective competitions.

I think the ARL and NRL have a fair crack at giving them what they deserve and I’d argue that they aren’t earning anything to scoff at. They get 40% of the men for the same period per club and there definitely is not 30 players plus development and train and trial players to be paid so I think the women are very much holding there own in the financial department to the point where it is becoming a bit of a hand out to hush this whole woke agenda that pushes the idea that women sports backs up the idea of gender pay gap on the workforce.

Will hopefully at least be 10 weeks now with the extra teams.

While having womens wages the same as men in the game is insane given nearly all the revenue is coming from men and even this pay rise is being paid by the mens game, this big pay rise is a good thing for the game.

The idea is to get their league to professional status asap so it has a proper foundation to build off, I think the interest is there in the TV market for it to keep growing.

Womens sports in general in the last 5 years especially have really picked up around the world.

What I think needs to be highlighted though is nothing has been mentioned about getting the 2nd tiers(NSW and QLD cup) to professional status, the NRL has a responsibility to help the game at the lower level and that will go a massive way to promoting a quality player pool with more depth then we have at current.

There is more then enough money to make this happen.

While having womens wages the same as men in the game is insane given nearly all the revenue is coming from men and even this pay rise is being paid by the mens game, this big pay rise is a good thing for the game.

The idea is to get their league to professional status asap so it has a proper foundation to build off, I think the interest is there in the TV market for it to keep growing.

Womens sports in general in the last 5 years especially have really picked up around the world.

What I think needs to be highlighted though is nothing has been mentioned about getting the 2nd tiers(NSW and QLD cup) to professional status, the NRL has a responsibility to help the game at the lower level and that will go a massive way to promoting a quality player pool with more depth then we have at current.

There is more then enough money to make this happen.

I agree equal pay isn't realistic but what is is pay that means you can be fulltime and not have to choose between being an accountant and having to get two months off a year so you can play. Professional pay would say the quality increase.

The women's game is like men's sport in the 1970's and needing leave to play for your country.

That has to be their focus.

I agree equal pay isn't realistic but what is is pay that means you can be fulltime and not have to choose between being an accountant and having to get two months off a year so you can play. Professional pay would say the quality increase.

The women's game is like men's sport in the 1970's and needing leave to play for your country.

That has to be their focus.
Don't forget though, the men didn't get that quickly either. It takes a long time to generate the interest required for this. I agree it should be the focus, but it also has to be because the interest is there.

What I'm trying to say is the women shouldn't get it because the men get it, the women should get it because the women deserve it, when that may be.

Don't forget though, the men didn't get that quickly either. It takes a long time to generate the interest required for this. I agree it should be the focus, but it also has to be because the interest is there.

What I'm trying to say is the women shouldn't get it because the men get it, the women should get it because the women deserve it, when that may be.

Agree but ultimately women will look at the men and ask for equality without taking into consideration such things. Especially if it's a woman reporting on the matter, that's the chip women have on their shoulder.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • Lurker
  • Fatboy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jazza
  • Johnny92
  • Allo
  • broncos4life
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • RolledOates
  • Bucking Beads
  • HarryAllan7
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • jd87
  • Xzei
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.