LIVE NRL - Finals Week 1

something

QCup Player
GO CANBERRA!!!!

I don’t really have a second team, but I’ll make an exception for the green machine...

It’s nice going for a second team which either a) aren’t a bunch of cunts , or b) rorting the salary cap

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
You didn't specify that in your post. You just said WB and JD have only lost once to the Roosters. Funny how that changes when it's pointed out to you that they have lost more than once..

Not the first time either...
‘This Rep level squad’

holdzy89

NRL Captain
GO CANBERRA!!!!

I don’t really have a second team, but I’ll make an exception for the green machine...

It’s nice going for a second team which either a) aren’t a bunch of cunts , or b) rorting the salary cap
As long as it’s not you know who vs you know who, I’ll be happy.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Bye bye Paul Gallen but I bet we aren't done with him, I wouldn't be surprised to see him on channel 9 commentating.
He's already contracted with 9 so I'd say it's a sure thing.

I kind of wish Fox/Nine would stop hiring dumb players to be commentators.

Anasta in particular, if Foxtel offer a paid package that mutes Anasta's commentary, I'd pay for it. Blocker Roach too, he sounds like he's calling a grand final winning try when he's just talking about a routine interchange.

Last edited:

Mustafur

QCup Player
Shitney
Melbourne's Scramble defence is a liability if teams are smart enough to expose it, when teams go wide they get the whole line to just run to the edge, all you need is a cheeky offload or a quick pass in the other direction and you expose a giant hole.

The reason why that has worked for Melbourne is 99% of plays will just go to the wing, so they have it covered.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
‘This Rep level squad’
How many rep players do you think they had in their squad in 2017? I don't think you realize the exact number...

They had a squad full of rep players in 2017, as well as 2018 and 2019.

Nice of you, and not surprising, to try and make WB's and JD's record against the Roosters look better than what it actually is, but it's actually 62%. To try and not include the 2017 games is just stupid.

Swiss pete

BRL Player
GO CANBERRA!!!!

Plus they’re an entertaining football team.

winslow_wong

State of Origin Captain
bris
He's already contracted with 9 so I'd say it's a sure thing.

I kind of wish Fox/Nine would stop hiring dumb players to be commentators.

Anasta in particular, if Foxtel offer a paid package that mutes Anasta's commentary, I'd pay for it. Blocker Roach too, he sounds like he's calling a grand final winning try when he's just talking about a routine interchange.
Anasta was annoying af last night. All he ever does is repeat a phrase in an attempt to make it more dramatic. “Here we go! Here we go!, it’s going down to the wire. Down to the wire”

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
How many rep players do you think they had in their squad in 2017? I don't think you realize the exact number...

They had a squad full of rep players in 2017, as well as 2018 and 2019.

Nice of you, and not surprising, to try and make WB's and JD's record against the Roosters look better than what it actually is, but it's actually 62%. To try and not include the 2017 games is just stupid.
Regardless, 62% win rate with inferior squads is pretty impressive? If I wasn’t referring to the last two years, I would have said 62% win record which is still fucking good lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Surreal

Members online

Twitter