LIVE NRL - Finals Week 1

Tom

State of Origin Captain
Twice the crowd in Melb showed just how little they understand the rules. They had the completely wrong reaction to two calls. It was quite hilarious. And if you want any more proof that city doesn't give a flying **** about our game they actually had a minute's silence before the game for an AFL identity. What the **** is even with that shit?

jd87

NRL Player
id give that call not enough proof to overrule it
- Merged

thats fair enough call imo

Last edited:

AndyB

QCup Player
Twice the crowd in Melb showed just how little they understand the rules. They had the completely wrong reaction to two calls. It was quite hilarious. And if you want any more proof that city doesn't give a flying **** about our game they actually had a minute's silence before the game for an AFL identity. What the **** is even with that shit?
Digressing a bit.
I live in Perth, the AFL community would not give a flying F about a league identity passing away.

Christ, most people outside of both rugby codes here don't even know the difference , or there are two different codes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom

Accept

NRL Player
Sawtell
You've never been to Melbourne, have you? Of course they don't give a shit (and never will) but that's nothing to gloat about. Their crowds are mainly made up of Islanders, Maoris and white bogan trash from Frankston and they understand the rules just fine.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I totally remember Cronk and Tedesco there in 2017. Oh wait
You didn't specify that in your post. You just said WB and JD have only lost once to the Roosters. Funny how that changes when it's pointed out to you that they have lost more than once..

Not the first time either...

Tom

State of Origin Captain
You've never been to Melbourne, have you? Of course they don't give a shit (and never will) but that's nothing to gloat about. Their crowds are mainly made up of Islanders, Maoris and white bogan trash from Frankston and they understand the rules just fine.
Yes, I have. Probably more than you. I was born there, so there's that. I also lived in Victoria in 2013\2014 and 2018 and am going back there again very soon and have met their so-called fans. In those 3 years I met a grand total of 2 of what I would call Storm diehards. So I have first hand experience of their ignorance. The commentators even made a point of saying how wrong the crowd were, when the video ref was watching footage of the Raiders guy knocking it backwards and the entire stadium was going wild as though it was going to be a Storm feed. I had a great chuckle.

Accept

NRL Player
Sawtell
Yes, I have. Probably more than you. I was born there, so there's that. I also lived in Victoria in 2013\2014 and 2018 and am going back there again very soon and have met their so-called fans. In those 3 years I met a grand total of 2 of what I would call Storm diehards. So I have first hand experience of their ignorance. The commentators even made a point of saying how wrong the crowd were, when the video ref was watching footage of the Raiders guy knocking it backwards and the entire stadium was going wild as though it was going to be a Storm feed. I had a great chuckle.
They have plenty of diehards, they are the season ticket holders who sit behind the goalposts. But it's a good thing if some fans are misinterpreting the rules, it means that they have only been recently exposed to the game and are hopefully "future" diehards. I was at a Storm match just last weekend and the fans around me were certainly knowledgeable and most that I spoke to had either NZ, Qld or NSW origins.

Tom

State of Origin Captain
They have plenty of diehards, they are the season ticket holders who sit behind the goalposts. But it's a good thing if some fans are misinterpreting the rules, it means that they have only been recently exposed to the game and are hopefully "future" diehards. I was at a Storm match just last weekend and the fans around me were certainly knowledgeable and most that I spoke to had either NZ, Qld or NSW origins.
Yeah, it's probably much easier to find them at the stadium on gameday. Let's see how many diehards are there when the Smith ride is over and they drop half a dozen positions on the ladder. Pretty much all of their "fans" have already switched teams once in their lifetime, apart from the younger ones.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Well, the top six sides have all been a cut above the others all year, makes sense there would be such a big gulf. Does not bode well for the Broncs.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
Melbourne lose to a bad ref call and Cronulla bomb out against a heavily depleted Manly in Gallen's last game.

The footy gods are good this day.
hopefully they haven't used up all their good will ...

after the whinging when we beat Parramatta two weeks ago, we may need them to counter the refs "square-up" mentality.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.