NRL - Finals Week 3

I thought Melbourne copped the rough end of the pineapple all finals series. Canberra got away with two blatant professional fouls in their win, Parramatta got away with one and there were several calls in the first half that went the Roosters way.

They can't use the officials as an excuse, but the record should acknowledge that contrary to popular belief they cop some ordinary calls and in big games.
And it's about time too.

I thought Melbourne copped the rough end of the pineapple all finals series. Canberra got away with two blatant professional fouls in their win, Parramatta got away with one and there were several calls in the first half that went the Roosters way.

They can't use the officials as an excuse, but the record should acknowledge that contrary to popular belief they cop some ordinary calls and in big games.

The NRL were as blatantly pushing for a Rabbits v Roosters GF, as long as one of those sides got in ata least, the N(SW)RL are happy.

Sadly for the Canberra fans, their balloon is in for a quick deflation next weekend. Rorters are winning in a canter and the entire Rugby League world proceeds to cease giving a shit about yet another season.

I don't know. Perhaps Raiders are in with a good chance.

The concerning thing for Roosters is that despite the week off, they looked tired in the second half. There were quite a few cracks in their defence and if Melbourne straightened the attack more often and got a couple more passes away, we're looking at a very different result.

My storm mate also blowing up about the Roosters salary cap status. [emoji2957]
Poor Melbourne Storm. Imagine being robbed in a prelim final by a team over the cap. It must really burn.
The Roosters are over the cap? What is your official source?

It's funny how both codes cop the same amount of criticism.

AFL social media was a real eye opener.

Haha yeah mate.

Full disclosure... I don't follow AFL but rusted-on Aussie Rules fans going through the motions during their preliminary finals week were very funny to read.

What was your favourite conspiracy theory?

The one about how the AFL wants Collingwood to win because it would mean an all-Melbourne Grand Final...

Or the one about how the AFL wants GWS to win because it needs the Giants to be a force to win hearts and minds in Sydney?

Back over on our side of the fence and more broadly speaking, I'd like to address some of the various hobby horses we've been riding into the ground.

In all seriousness, is there any proof that the Roosters are rorting the cap?

Or that Melbourne get preferential treatment?

Or that the NRL just wants Sydney teams in the decider?

I don't see it. Since players' salaries are not made public, plus we know journos can embellish a bit, as well as players and their managers have come out and said some of the figures that are being reported are off by hundreds of thousands of dollars... I don't know.

Surely the NRL aren't dumb enough to go through another salary cap scandal? Even they aren't that stupid.

As for the Storm, I get the fact that a lot of fans thought that the commemorations for Cameron Smith's 400 game were a bit over the top. That's a fair point.

Aside from that, it looks to me like the NRL and the Storm have had an antagonistic relationship over the years.

Regarding the teams who contest the Grand Finals, how does this little theory explain 2015 (all-Queensland teams) or 2017 (first time two out of town teams have met that don't involve Brisbane)?

Try to think of the NRL like Netflix.

"We don't care what you're watching, just as long as you are watching."

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • lynx000
  • Big Del
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • bert_lifts
  • Fatboy
  • Broncorob
  • Allo
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • Skyblues87
  • FACTHUNT
  • Battler
  • kiwi2
  • Santa
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Bronx48
  • MrTickyMcG
  • upthebroncs
  • HarryAllan7
  • RolledOates
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.